Minnesota Wild General Discussion XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
How many players in camp won't be going to Edmonton ?

I'm assuming Robson is not going so is it 3 or 4 ?

Thanks

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How many players in camp won't be going to Edmonton ?

I'm assuming Robson is not going so is it 3 or 4 ?

Thanks

31 players are going to Edmonton. Kaprizov would be one of those. So right now, 4 players from camp aren't going to Edmonton.
That means 8 players that won't be on the 23 man roster, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take 4 forwards, 2 defensemen and 2 goaltenders.

Parise-Staal-Fiala
Foligno-Galchenyuk-Zuccarello
Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Kunin
Donato-Koivu-Hartman
Rask

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Soucy-Hunt
Menell

Kahkonen
Stalock
Dubnyk

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the 23 man roster, and the 8 players they take are

Robson
Addison
Belpedio
Mayhew
Anas
Sturm
Johnson
Kaprizov

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Kahkonen has to get a real look, he just always gets the job done. What more can he do?

Addison was really impressive. Great poise with the puck and rarely makes a bad read. Might be closer to NHL than we think.

Parise looks really fresh.

Brodin is trying to handle the puck more and he had a lot of turnovers today.

Greenway was dominant for first period then disappeared and looked exhausted.

Galchenyuk looks strong and has some jump. In a scrimmage you can really see how skilled he is.

Was not impressed with Soucy, Kunin, Hunt or Koivu.
I am only a period and a half into watching it, but Koivu has looked fantastic so far, better than he has in a long time in terms of speed and getting involved offensively.

The veterans as a whole all look great to me, I love Brodin's new found confidence and aggressiveness with the puck.

Fiala's hands looking clean, good sign there.

Obviously just an early scrimmage but I am pretty excited and pleasantly surprised with the way the squad looks.

Reactions: a79krgm

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
We're looking good. Four balanced lines with a mix of veterans and kids.

I'm starting to believe in this team :nod:

Reactions: a79krgm

P10p

May 15, 2012
I would almost guarantee we take Bartkowski. I don't know why Wild front office is so obsessed with him.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Bartkowski is 100% going and 95% only 3 goalies
He was 7th D for end of season when Soucy was out.
I think he's much better than Hunt and obviously tougher.

Last edited:

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Is Pateryn still out as well? Seems like an interesting move. Probably content with:

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Soucy-Hunt

I think its funny they did keep Bartkowski, seems like if you really wanted someone in a pinch to potentially impact a series, it would have been to bring Addison. I was figuring he would never get a shot to play but thought the time in the bubble with the team would be invaluable much like what Kap will get. But.. Bartkowski is big/tough/grit/pylon so makes sense..

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I think it's pretty stupid not to bring Addison with how he's performed. Robson doesn't make any sense at all and Rau? Give me a f***in' break.

Can't say I agree with the decision to leave Addison behind. He's looked significantly better than Hunt, Belpedio, Menell, Bartkowski, and you could even throw Soucy in there.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Dumba is back, but still no Eriksson Ek on the ice. Not good, but I'd say he's kinda fragile, handle with care guy.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Kahkonen was fantastic in that last scrimmage!

He really wants to play. Let's see if the coach has the balls to do it, and put the veterans on the bench.

If the Kahk plays part of the Colorado game I'd say there's a chance.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Addison deserves a look but Menell does too. He was great all year in the A. He has always been impressive when I watch too. Always been less impressed by Belpidio.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Koivu and Foligno looked good in the scrimmage, as did Suter and Spurgeon. Otherwise very scrambly. KK looked good...Addison, too.

The Geeks looked out of sorts, but that's partly because of JEE going out, and partly that they don't want to play their physical style against teammates. I do wonder if they might not stick with The Staal, Greenway, Fiala line. they looked great.

Oh, Donato looked good, and Galchenyuk almost good. Those guys are not physical or great defensively, so they have to be adding some offense to get significant playing time. I'm not a Donato fan, but I like his aggressive attitude towards attacking the net and shooting.

Zuccarello isn't very effective if he isn't playing with better players. He's a facilitator...he might match up well with Parise, but who know who the C should be.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
JEE is a fragile, handle with care guy? Wha?

Just my opinion. I don't get people who say he's a physical player. He runs his mouth a lot, but when the going gets tough he tends to hide behind the ref.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Just my opinion. I don't get people who say he's a physical player. He runs his mouth a lot, but when the going gets tough he tends to hide behind the ref.
Do you have some examples? I don't recall ever seeing that type of behavior from him. (Hiding behind refs).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah...I don't see that at all. He is one of the more physical players on the Wild. Just isn't a fighter. He's tough where it matters. The after the whistle stuff is overrated, and is going from the game anyway. We have guys like Hartman, Greenway, and Folingo for that. Don't want your C's or top 4 Dmen getting into that. We saw what happened with Dumba.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
See the problem is, you all see two inner squad scrimmages and make these calls. The people who actually make these calls see and know these players.
I worked for USA Hockey for 4 years and have consulted for two NHL teams in hockey ops. The biggest farce in hockey is that NHL scouts and staff are supreme talent evaluators. Most of the people who work in hockey ops, from coaches to support staff, are no better than you or I at evaluating talent. They're just better as speaking with conviction.

Reactions: Odie Cleghorn

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think it's pretty stupid not to bring Addison with how he's performed. Robson doesn't make any sense at all and Rau? Give me a f***in' break.

Can't say I agree with the decision to leave Addison behind. He's looked significantly better than Hunt, Belpedio, Menell, Bartkowski, and you could even throw Soucy in there.
4 goalies is a no-brainer. Menell was quite a bit better than Addison in the 2 scrimmages. Belpedio looked a little rough in the 1st scrimmage but I thought he was better than both Menell and Addison in the 2nd scrimmage. Bartkowski is only going because he is left handed. Mayhew Sturm, and Johnson are the only forwards worth bringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad