Minnesota Wild General Discussion XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Never heard of the guy until today, but apparently he was one of the most sought after scouts in the league and was largely responsible for the Canucks taking Boeser and Pettersson, along with Gaudette and Madden, and some other solid prospects they've drafted over the years. Word on the street is he's a great team player and uses a wide variety of different tools and methods in his scouting.

Here's to hoping he can grab us a Pettersson in the next few years.
Judd Brackett Was an absolute God for the fans in Vancouver.

The outrage that he might be let go due to a power struggle with Jim Benning was massive, And eventually when he got let go, there was an absolutely Gong Show of a reaction in Vancouver.

He is probably the best amateur scout on the planet

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Here’s a good vid of Judd in action:

video also includes Fenton trying to deal the picks that yielded McBain and Khovanov for Vancouvers 2nd. They would’ve done the deal had Jett woo been off the board.

Reactions: AKL

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Barring an unlikely trade, anyone else predicting that Spurgeon wears the "C" after Koivu is done?

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I have never looked at Spurgeon and thought "Captain"

On the Athletic podcast with Ryan Carter today, Russo talked about how Spurgeon has been messaging with Kaprizov for months just to make him feel comfortable and give him a friend before he gets here. That surprised me.

Apparently Kaprizov told Spurgeon Sunday night that he was planning on signing, and Spurgeon told Russo, so he DID know something we didn't when he tweeted about that signing story.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
On the Athletic podcast with Ryan Carter today, Russo talked about how Spurgeon has been messaging with Kaprizov for months just to make him feel comfortable and give him a friend before he gets here. That surprised me.

Apparently Kaprizov told Spurgeon Sunday night that he was planning on signing, and Spurgeon told Russo, so he DID know something we didn't when he tweeted about that signing story.
You finally folded for an Athletic subscription?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I remember how excited I was when Parsie signed and instantly became recognized as the face of the franchise, but now it just bugs me when I see stuff like this:
With all the turnover we’ve had the last 2 years, nobody is going to look at this team as anything other than an old aging, mediocre team until we stop using Parise and Suter in every Marketing scenario possible.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I can't wait for that day. Hopefully soon
We can start the process by ordering a couple moving trucks to show up tomorrow morning to his house on tonka. "We're here to pack and move all this stuff to *checks clipboard* Uniondale, NY."

Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis

Huh, in that case maybe Spurgeon should be captain. Kinda disappointing no one else reached out to KK97

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I don't think Spurgeon is Captain material. "A", for sure.

Honestly, i'll be shocked if it's not Spurgeon.

Unless they end up trading Parise, then I could see it being Suter.

I don't think they'd give it to Parise, but also don't think they'd give it to Suter if Parise is still wearing an A.

No one else really makes sense. Staal would be a 1 year stop gap, probably the same for Foligno. Fiala still probably to new to the team.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
If it’s me, I sign Foligno to a 2 year extension to buy some time, give it to him, and wait for one of Fiala, Kaprizov, Kunin, Dumba, Lafreniere to prove worthiness of the C

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If it’s me, I sign Foligno to a 2 year extension to buy some time, give it to him, and wait for one of Fiala, Kaprizov, Kunin, Dumba, Lafreniere to prove worthiness of the C

I want little to do with signing Foligno to an extension at age 30, with the 3-4 year flat cap, when we are already overflowing with wingers.

He's probably not going to want less money.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I want little to do with signing Foligno to an extension at age 30, with the 3-4 year flat cap, when we are already overflowing with wingers.

He's probably not going to want less money.
That’s fair. I’m less worried about it, I like the elements he brings, but I can see your side of the argument too

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
That’s fair. I’m less worried about it, I like the elements he brings, but I can see your side of the argument too

I was extremely critical of his contract when he signed it(alot of that had to do with the term specifically), and i'll admit he has been a bit better than I originally thought. I still would prefer him on the fourth line, and am against in general spending almost 3 million on a guy who is ideally on the 4th line. That goes double for contracts when the player is in his 30's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->