Value of: Minnesota Embraces the Rebuild: Fire Sale

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Kaprizov and Boldy would be central to any rebuilding this team does. If they're terrible this year and get a top-10 pick, having those two plus keeping the defense intact could lead to a pretty quick turn around.

Koivu or Staal would be the most obvious moves if it ended up going that way.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I'd actually be quite curious to see what happens if we acquire some of the less-regarded/bust-labeled players in deals. Not as main pieces, naturally, but on top instead of, say, a 3rd or Y.A.W.N (Yet Another Warm Number). Feel free to suggest such, if for nothing else then just for our mutual entertainment.

As to whom can be considered such a player? Well, names like Puljujärvi and Ho-Sang immediately spring to mind. But, with that said, there's probably a good example in nearly every organization - perhaps not with the draft pedigree of Pulju but you get the point.

Trades which I like here? The idea of Brodin for Borgström as a base intrigues me. I know it's a tough call to make for Florida, but Brodin-like skaters with his defensive acumen and discipline, combined with the ability to play big minutes, just don't grow on trees. There's a need from both sides, and with that trade FLA wouldn't really have any glaring holes in their roster.

Another idea which I'm quite curious about is whether we could move Dubnyk. San Jose seems like a good candidate, but the cap wouldn't work. And no, I don't want Jones. His contract is... Well, let's just say that we have enough of those already.

Reactions: Lapa

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We don't need Dumba, we have Hronek. Besides, even if Larkin were made available, which he wouldn't be, except for a huge overpayment...there is no way Dumba would anywhere near enough. Bill Guerin would get laughed at & hung up on by Yzerman if he even suggested it. Try again.
When your rationale is, “we don’t need Dumba, we have hronek” that gives me the right to assume you have no idea what your talking about. The rest of your reply just confirmed that.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'd actually be quite curious to see what happens if we acquire some of the less-regarded/bust-labeled players in deals. Not as main pieces, naturally, but on top instead of, say, a 3rd or Y.A.W.N (Yet Another Warm Number). Feel free to suggest such, if for nothing else then just for our mutual entertainment.

As to whom can be considered such a player? Well, names like Puljujärvi and Ho-Sang immediately spring to mind. But, with that said, there's probably a good example in nearly every organization - perhaps not with the draft pedigree of Pulju but you get the point.

Trades which I like here? The idea of Brodin for Borgström as a base intrigues me. I know it's a tough call to make for Florida, but Brodin-like skaters with his defensive acumen and discipline, combined with the ability to play big minutes, just don't grow on trees. There's a need from both sides, and with that trade FLA wouldn't really have any glaring holes in their roster.

Another idea which I'm quite curious about is whether we could move Dubnyk. San Jose seems like a good candidate, but the cap wouldn't work. And no, I don't want Jones. His contract is... Well, let's just say that we have enough of those already.
SJ shouldn’t want Dubnyk. He’s a marginal upgrade on Jones, if that.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
So Larkin, coming off his best season is a stud #1C but Dumba coming off his best season is over-rated? Pretty obvious that this is a case of two damn good, young players both getting better. Homer bias is even better when the homer can’t see it.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Zucker and Fiala for Bode Wilde, 2020 1st, Michael Dal Colle and Kieffer Bellows

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
There is nothing enticing about that

Maybe you should research Wilde a little after that comment. If you are looking to rebuild then it's kind of hard to argue there's nothing in this package.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Do Bellows or Dal Colle really bring anything to this deal? Doesn't seem like either guy is on track to be in the NHL.

Dal Colle is on the team and playing already. Bellows is still only 21 and won't turn 22 until next summer. His development pattern is slow first year at the level and much better the 2nd.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Dal Colle is on the team and playing already. Bellows is still only 21 and won't turn 22 until next summer. His development pattern is slow first year at the level and much better the 2nd.
I get that Dal Colle's in the NHL right now, but I'm less convinced that he will be by the time Minnesota's hypothetical rebuild is over. I guess he's a warm body, though.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Wilde is wildly intriguing to me but we are set on the top 4 for the right side for years to come. When he's ready, I feel like he's good enough to warrant a top 4 spot and he'd be wasted in the bottom pairing.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad