Value of: Minnesota Embraces the Rebuild: Fire Sale

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Fiala from Edm, does Puljuarvi get it done? Probably need an add from Edmonton

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe you should research Wilde a little after that comment. If you are looking to rebuild then it's kind of hard to argue there's nothing in this package.

Dal Colle and Bellows bring very little to the deal. A 2020 1st (I’m guessing with some kind of top 5-10 protection condition) is nice. I know who Bode Wilde is, I have a good friend who’s an Islanders fan so I get to hear all about Islanders players and prospects. Considering the pieces we’re giving up, our lack of scoring on an organizational level, and the depth of our defensive pool in comparison, especially on the right side, Wilde isn’t enticing enough to be the main piece coming back.

It’s not a personal attack on you, there’s just nothing enticing enough about this deal as it stands.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Fiala from Edm, does Puljuarvi get it done? Probably need an add from Edmonton

Puljujarvi doesn’t even come close to getting the conversation started.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Brodin would start with a 1st, 2nd and a decent prospect/middle valued roster player?

this is serious overpayment, he probably would get a similar return to what Jake Muzzin got last year, a decent player/project and a decent but not prized prospect.

FLA would be interested as Tallon has said a shutdown LD is his preferred upgrade.
Yandle has been horrible to start the year, Matheson is still in over his head some nights but does still show why he can become a #2/3 D.

Brodin could possibly be paired with Ekblad on top pairing to get Weegar back to his RD side.

Florida does need help on the back end.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I remember last year when some people thought Eric stall would bring back a 1st.

Now that he is signed for another year I can't see any interest in him.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
A good rebuild is as much about timing the draft more so than about hitting home runs during your firesale. Think of the firesale as acquiring a massive quantity of assets that will help with the bluechip talent you actually draft when you tank.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Lol, I wasn't the one proposing "Dumba for Larkin". I never wanted nor proposed a trade for Dumba or any Minn. players.
That’s the type of trade it would take for Minnesota to let Dumba go. You don’t just trade your elite players for non-elite assets. Understand Detroit not wanting to trade Larkin, but calling it laughable is just lack of research on your part.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
My buddy the beat reporter for the Panthers for the Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel would disagree with you . . .

Well he would be wrong, pretty much all of the Dmen on the Panthers are playing a slot too high on the depth chart.

Bob has been atrocious as well.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Well he would be wrong, pretty much all of the Dmen on the Panthers are playing a slot too high on the depth chart.

Bob has been atrocious as well.

Sorry, I thought you said they DIDN'T, my mistake. We had dinner last week and had a lengthy discussion. How would you like to go from the Marlins to the Dolphins to the Panthers for your coverage schedule? Poor kid!

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Sorry, I thought you said they DIDN'T, my mistake. We had dinner last week and had a lengthy discussion. How would you like to go from the Marlins to the Dolphins to the Panthers for your coverage schedule? Poor kid!

No doubt that will build character.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I can't remember if we ever heard for sure... that one took like 3 months for all the details to get out. It wouldn't surprise me.

I thought it was somewhat of a handshake deal between Fenton and Staal where Staal just didn’t want to go. Can’t say for certain by any means. I just remember hearing rumors that that was the case and being upset that Fenton didn’t pull the trigger for that reason.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I thought it was somewhat of a handshake deal between Fenton and Staal where Staal just didn’t want to go. Can’t say for certain by any means. I just remember hearing rumors that that was the case and being upset that Fenton didn’t pull the trigger for that reason.
I think that was the implication at least, yeah. At the time, using the trade offer as leverage to get Staal extended at a low number when we didn't have better options at center made some sense.

Hasn't been working out so great :laugh:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think that was the implication at least, yeah. At the time, using the trade offer as leverage to get Staal extended at a low number when we didn't have better options at center made some sense.

Hasn't been working out so great :laugh:

Well, silver lining, he’s making 3M instead of 5M to suck this much.

Reactions: Bazeek

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala to EDM plz

Short of a 1st round pick, Edmonton doesn’t have anything to get that done. Bouchard and Broberg aren’t of any interest to us because we don’t need defense. Even your 1st isn’t that enticing in a year when it looks like you guys might actually make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad