Value of: Minnesota Embraces the Rebuild: Fire Sale

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
To Wild: Ryan Poehling, 3rd round pick and Dale Weise

To Montreal: Marcus Foligno and Jonas Brodin

Habs get a left handed defenseman they desperately need as well as some size up front and the Wild get a young blue chip Center prospect and a pick.

Value close?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Would love Fiala on the Oilers. However we’d only be able to offer picks and prospects not named Bouchard/Broberg.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think there will be better players available for the Oilers 1st(the protection part won't be in play come February) Plus, that extra year is actually a negative as he would have to be protected in the expansion draft.
Why would he need to be protected in the expansion draft?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He's been good as a penalty-killer and defensive 4th liner. And he leads our forwards in points :laugh: His cap is a little high, but I don't think he has negative value.
He beats the wheels off of people too. I personally really like him as a player but he’s overpaid by about double. Wondering how much that hurts his value. I’d like to add him but I wouldn’t take him for free at 2.85. It’s tough.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Kasperi Kapanen for Brad Hunt and a third.

It saves us cap space, and gets us a decent bottom pair guy. We'd be open to taking a shot at a prospect instead of a third. Such as Belpedio or Bitten.

It gives you guys a right handed right winger with blazing speed and and nice hands. He is only 23.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Kapanen been bad?

Not necessarily. However, Babcock's usage of him has been rather poor. He is trying to play him on his off wing with Tavares and Marner and it's been working poorly. With the emergence of Mikheyev and Moore, it makes him in a real tough spot.

He could be on the fourth line once Hyman is back, and he would be an expensive fourth liner. We have to be cap conscientious.
-------
He has excellent speed, great hands and he can score. He is good on the pk, and can play pp as well.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Kapanen been bad?

Nah Not really but there's a chance once Hyman comes back...that he's gonna be on the 4th line.

Expensive 4th liner to have. I think personally the leafs need someone like a Foligno playing on the 4th line over Kapanen. We're a soft team

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Honestly, Brodin would be great for you and I've thought this for awhile.

Do you have a decent prospect in mind? We need C prospects and high end scoring.

We arent really stacked with C prospects to be honest. We have high end wingers in Heponiemi, Tippett, Denisenko or Noel but not sure which one would be most available. Tippett is probably the least available though as he's closest to be an NHLer over the other 3.

For me personally, feel Heponiemi would be more available out of the 4. He can play all 3 forward spots but seems to prefer the RW side even as a left hand shot. He has played C though

In saying that, I feel Heponiemi has a late 1st in value so I wouldn't attach a 1st on top of him. A 2020 and 20201 2nd is doable.

This one really makes me pause and think. That 1st could be a top 15 pick, but also Florida is definitely good enough to make the playoffs. I'm not sure I'd take the gamble on trading Brodin for potentially a late 1st as the main piece.

For sure, definitely gives ya thought. I'd like to think with adding Brodin we would be able to land a wildcard spot at least.

As pointed out above, I'd consider offering up Heponiemi + two 2nd round pick + roster player/cap dump for Brodin.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
We arent really stacked with C prospects to be honest. We have high end wingers in Heponiemi, Tippett, Denisenko or Noel but not sure which one would be most available. Tippett is probably the least available though as he's closest to be an NHLer over the other 3.

For me personally, feel Heponiemi would be more available out of the 4. He can play all 3 forward spots but seems to prefer the RW side even as a left hand shot. He has played C though

In saying that, I feel Heponiemi has a late 1st in value so I wouldn't attach a 1st on top of him. A 2020 2nd is doable.

For sure, definitely gives ya thought. I'd like to think with adding Brodin we would be able to land a wildcard spot at least.

As pointed out above, I'd consider offering up Heponiemi + 2nd round pick + roster player/cap dump for Brodin.

I assume Borgstrom is a non-starter here? Totally understand if that's the case.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
With so many teams close to the cap I think expecting returns equal to previous will be pretty high expectations. With the Wild close to the cap themselves they can't take too much cap back.

Playoff teams with cap space on top of a projected strong draft are going to be getting some rock bottom deals. Wild fans might be disapointed with the returns they will get.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I assume Borgstrom is a non-starter here? Totally understand if that's the case.

Ya very unlikely as I'd assume Tallon and Co feel Borgstrom can still become a 2C down the road. He had a great preseason but looked rough his first couple regular season games.
He has been scratched in place of Malgin the last 2 games. I understand the ask of Borgstrom but we finally have a chance at 3 good C's with him, Barkov and Trocheck.

Speaking of Malgin, he is a C/RW, still very young at 22 but does have middle 6 experience. He doesn't hold a ton of value but more just mentioning him as a part of a lesser trade idea.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd make that deal around Foligno and Kapanen. I like Foligno, we get younger here and another RH forward.
I would too. Team desperately needs right handed forwards and speed. Kapanen checks both.
Cost of fiala, brodin, zucker in that order
From Ottawa? I'm not sure the teams are good trade partners. Both probably going to be after Lafreniere. Both are/should be rebuilding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad