Confirmed Trade: [MIN/COL] Tyson Jost for Nico Sturm

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So the Wild don't need better goaltending, and defense, but character? I thought that was all solved when they got rid of Staal, Parise, Suter? Didn't realize that Sturm is also an evil villain.

One thing that Avs fans should not expect from Sturm is toughness. He is big, fast, and has a long reach, but is not a physical player.

Reactions: Nihiliste

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Like this trade for the Wild

Jost will be a good middle six forward
Agreed that the Wild win this trade. But Sakic is clearing cap space for this year and beyond. 2 million off the cap next season might be used to extend Kadri, or sign a free agent who fills the role better than Jost did.

Reactions: sting101

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
So the Wild don't need better goaltending, and defense, but character? I thought that was all solved when they got rid of Staal, Parise, Suter? Didn't realize that Sturm is also an evil villain.

One thing that Avs fans should not expect from Sturm is toughness. He is big, fast, and has a long reach, but is not a physical player.
He doesn't need to be. Now only to rid the team of JTC and they are golden.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Agreed that the Wild win this trade. But Sakic is clearing cap space for this year and beyond. 2 million off the cap next season might be used to extend Kadri, or sign a free agent who fills the role better than Jost did.
Maltsev will likely be #4C next season.

Reactions: Fatass

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, I will be happy for Sturm if he wins a Cup. I think he is an upgrade for CO. A fast team just got faster.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
My thoughts: Jost was given chance but he never looked like belonging. Young Sturm hasn't been exactly super either, but there might be surprise upside. Change of scenery might benefit both..

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Sturm should be a nice fit for the Avs. He has the best motor of any Wild player since Parise and is content in a PK/4th line role. Nice piece for a real contender.

Wild are finding out they are not a real contender so they can roll the dice on Jost needing a fresh start. It’s a not that outlandish given his solid performance a year ago.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He sure would be (1st pick or good prospect), but it's a small price to pay if he can help Colorado in some capacity to not choke like they did every so often, not unlike some versions of the Laffs in the West
Why would we do that when we could use a 3C or extra bottom 6 winger? Would be a terrible use of assets imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad