Confirmed Trade: [MIN/COL] Tyson Jost for Nico Sturm

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Wish Jost well…just as he was carving out something of a defensive role niche last season he turns into completely uselessness this season. He has no “juice” at the NHL level. Too bad because I loved him as a prospect and thought it was a home run pick at the time. He’s still youngish but those looking for some “untapped upside” are really going to have to squint hard. There’s nothing about his game that stands out at all.

No expectations for Sturm other than to plug a 4th line role. I like him actually but he’s nothing special.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So size for a little younger. I would say more potential in Yost but so far he has not shown what I would have expected. Maybe a new team with new role will help.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Good change of scenery here for Jost - he was never going to get a top 6 role in Colorado.
He’s never going to get a top six role anywhere. He’s not good enough. He plays slow and weak. There’s little creativity in there. I thought he could eventually become a Pavelski-like guy who despite being slow was smart enough to find the soft spots and finish some plays but his offensive IQ and finishing is not good enough.

He’s got time to become a useful third liner and looked the part for some of last season, working hard and being solid defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad