Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Nico Sturm is great name
1647387868276.png

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Anyone saying Jost is a bust should really go back and look at that draft class. Sure he didn’t live up to expectations, but they got an NHL player out of him and that’s impressive given how bad that draft was.
I mean compared to the ridiculous 2015 draft sure, but there’s several guys that went after Jost that are studs. Namely this TDLs top Dman and last year’s Norris winner.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
The only thing I need to know about Sturm : can he win board battles? I swear everytime Jost dump or goes along the board with the puck the other team come out with it :laugh: Sometimes it looked like he was going to be that prototype 3rd-4th liner but kinda disappointed at the end. He has good skating, agility and isn't afraid to get hit (always surprised he came out uninjured) but to me he wasn't going to help at all in the playoffs. Hate that he's with the Wild but still hoping he can figure it out.

Yes and can score the occasional goal too.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
The draft class was good. I remember that draft. It was a constant debate between multiples users about who taking between Sergachev, Keller and Jost. A lot of people were on Jost bandwagon, than a bit less for Sergachev and Keller after (I was on Keller's one) but almost everyone could told you that he would be ok with anyone of them.

So for me, that prooves me that hockey sense should not be highly consider when you dont have a skill to go with it.

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
Funny the Wild PR tells you how to pronounce his name in capital letters. ”Joest” would have been better than JAY-OH-AGE-ESS-TEA.

(Typing only capital letters should be pronounced each of their own).

Reactions: shadow1

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of sense from Minnesota’s perspective. Jost certainly fits into their roster of misfits but during a playoff push, you would think Sturm would matter more.

As for the Avs, maybe they’re set to grab another winger and wanted to shore up their bottom 6 C situation before they do.

Trade doesn’t make a whole lot of sense all around. Sometimes GMs just like a guy and maybe that’s all this is from Guerin, and this was his chance to grab Jost.

We shall see.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Everyone thinks it's clearing cap, but I think that was just a side effect of the trade. Looks like Sakic is just building the team he wants for the cup run. Simple as that, and I like it. Shrewd isn't a word you use when your taking your big shot.

Sakic accomplished two things in one. He got a player more suited for the 4C job for this playoff run, and also cleared cap both for other moves this week as well as $2m extra capspace for the offseason.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Sturm was also a freebee for Minnesota; Fenton signed him as an UDFA and he stuck around enough to show he can play in the NHL. I'm curious to see how Jost works with someone like Boldy and Fiala.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Good move for both sides. Jost needed a change of scenery and wasn’t working with the Avs. Strum gives the Avs a 4th line center that can PK and win a faceoff.

Reactions: klozge

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I like this for the Avs. They trade a player who was pretty much useless this season for a bit more size in their bottom six. Unfortunately, I also like this for the Wild because I can see Jost working out much better on their team, and he is quite talented.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Good trade for both teams. Avs get a more known quantity in Sturm as a good bottom 6er albeit probably a finished product. Minny is a good change of scenery for Jost it seems a number of players have readicovered their game there.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Jost might fit better in Minny. Bednar’s high paced system seems uniquely bad for him and the wild have some bigger forwards he can play with

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Jost might fit better in Minny. Bednar’s high paced system seems uniquely bad for him and the wild have some bigger forwards he can play with
Minnesota don't play the boring slow defensive trap game they used to anymore. The last couple of years under Evason they've transitioned into more of an offensive team that tries to excel in transition a bit more as well. Jost should get some opportunities simply from their lineup not being as deep, but I don't think they're the ideal fit for him that they once were.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sturm was also a freebee for Minnesota; Fenton signed him as an UDFA and he stuck around enough to show he can play in the NHL. I'm curious to see how Jost works with someone like Boldy and Fiala.
You think Evason will move his son, Gaudreau, off the Fiala line and put 14 pt. Jost in his place?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Shows you what I know. I wanted Jost and Brown over Sergachev back then.
Jost was always a question mark because his pre draft stats were amassed in the BCHL, not the CHL. Same with Newhook, but at least he wasn't rushed to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad