Confirmed Trade: [MIN/BOS] Minnesota trades Charlie Coyle to Boston for Ryan Donato + 2019 5th Rd Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i'm just hoping he doesn't start to look lazy with the D when he feels comfy here. he looked plenty motivated tonight.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Donato can get a shot in Minnesota he wasn't going to get in Boston.

He wasn't going to win Marchand/DeBrusk and there's been a major issue at #2Rw and #3C in Boston, which Coyle helps to address, while basically losing nothing from the roster.

Reactions: IrishPaulie

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Donato can get a shot in Minnesota he wasn't going to get in Boston.

He wasn't going to win Marchand/DeBrusk and there's been a major issue at #2Rw and #3C in Boston, which Coyle helps to address, while basically losing nothing from the roster.
I agree plus were knee deep in solid prospects ie stud senyshyn JFK cehlerik Federic where and when could ryan play for us? Trade was badly needed.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Well, the Wild fans will put the pitchforks and torches away for a while now - Donato had a nice game vs. NYR, even though he took a double minor late in the game. He certainly has better offensive instincts than we are used to seeing on the Wild for the most part.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Well, the Wild fans will put the pitchforks and torches away for a while now - Donato had a nice game vs. NYR, even though he took a double minor late in the game. He certainly has better offensive instincts than we are used to seeing on the Wild for the most part.
I’m Wild fan didn’t have my pitchfork out for this trade.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
This trade is basically Donato for Coyle straight up; a 5th rounder is like a throw away. That said, I feel like both teams got something they needed for now & going forward. I like that Coyle isn't a rental and is signed for next year.

Hope it works out for both teams/fans

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Donato is no doubt a very good offensive player. He has a good shot and a good release, along with a willingness to go to the net. His issue with Boston was that he wasn’t strong enough to fight through checks or get to his spot, was bad along the walls, and gave lackluster effort in defensive situations. He would float and be largely invisible for large chunks of games and wasn’t effective 5v5. His effort level in the ahl when he was sent down was also a black mark, a lot of reports that he was dejected about being in providence.

No denying his offensive talent though. With the right ice time and pp time (things he couldn’t get in Boston) he could develop into a 25-30 goal guy. I just am not sure how effective he will be 5v5 unless he gets stronger

Reactions: Plickspect

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Welcome to the minority.
I think it was kind of an outlet valve for the steam that's been building up within the fanbase, especially lately. It was for me, anyway :laugh:

My initial thought was that the 5th should've been more like a 2nd or a 3rd, but if it's a 5th that's likely to become a 4th (go Bruins) and Donato has a stronger start than I expected.... not so bad, really. Time will tell.

I do half expect Coyle to go supernova for Boston, though. Then we can all feel nice and bad again.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Bruins Fan's are expecting a 35-45 pts 3rd line Centermen and that's exactly what we got. Goal/objective is 100% achieved.

Our secondary scoring (Debrusk, Heinen, Krejci) has been heating up while adding Coyle means the Bruins are no longer a "1 line team"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad