Confirmed Trade: [MIN/BOS] Minnesota trades Charlie Coyle to Boston for Ryan Donato + 2019 5th Rd Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Coyle has been fantastic centering our third line. He hasn't been able to pick up any points yet, but that doesn't take away from everything else good he is doing; including being trusted more to give Bergeron & Krejci a longer break.

My favorite stat line in reference to this trade
Boston 4-0-1
Minnesota 5-0-2

Both teams playing fantastic hockey, happy for both teams & fans!!

Yeah but 5>4 so Minnesota wins ;)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Coyle has been fantastic centering our third line. He hasn't been able to pick up any points yet, but that doesn't take away from everything else good he is doing; including being trusted more to give Bergeron & Krejci a longer break.

My favorite stat line in reference to this trade
Boston 4-0-1
Minnesota 5-0-2

Both teams playing fantastic hockey, happy for both teams & fans!!
This is what I like to see. Good ol' fashion win-win trade. I hope the best for Coyle and Boston. Donato has been a breath of fresh air for Minnesota. Fiala is gonna be good too.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
People need to understand that giving up Donato was VERY tough for most Bruins fans, and most don't deny his upside.

We needed Coyle to anchor that 3rd line center role for this year. The way our forward group is now, Coyle makes us a better team without question.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
People need to understand that giving up Donato was VERY tough for most Bruins fans, and most don't deny his upside.

We needed Coyle to anchor that 3rd line center role for this year. The way our forward group is now, Coyle makes us a better team without question.

The Coyle/Backes duo has been a 60% CF duo since Coyle joined the team. Their heavy cycle works well together. Is it resulting in goals? No. But even if it never does, that 3rd line was a sheltered black hole before. Coyle has made Backes somewhat useful. Excited to see what it looks like when Pasta and Mojo are back in the lineup and Mojo makes his way down to the 3rd line.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
just because the trade sparked life into donato doesn't guarantee hes better than coyle. not sure why some people don't get that. i would have wanted a 2nd added to the trade.

Every fan overvalues players on their team, especially when it comes to trades. I thought the Coyle/Donato trade was a fair one.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
B's need Coyle for the playoffs, when some teams will start trying to intimidate their skill players. He is not a dirty or mean player, but is a physical beast, and all but the toughest and strongest will just bounce off of him. He is also nice insurance at #2C, or top 6 RW should injuries happen. He's an all around package.

Donato ...to soon to say yet what he is. Hopefully, for my team, he's a scorer. Can always use one of them. MN has two or three nice young, all round players in Greenway, Ek, and Kunin. They can always carry a less capable two way player on their line like Fiala or Donato, if needed.

The Wild needed a shake up, and they got one. Zucker is probably going to go in the off season, also. Just scored his 20th goal last night- should net something like a young, good prospect and a pick. He'd be a good pickup for a team that has some cap space and needs speedy top 6 scoring.

I thought that the trade was in the B's favor. I will be proven wrong if Donato continues to score at even 60% of the pace that he is. He has got to get stronger, though. Will make him a bit faster, and help him win the odd board battle. Will even make his shot stronger.

Reactions: BHD and wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad