Confirmed Trade: [MIN/BOS] Minnesota trades Charlie Coyle to Boston for Ryan Donato + 2019 5th Rd Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It’s not a fantastic trade for the Wild but folks are being overly harsh here.

Donato Could be a fairly good player. If the pick had been like a 3rd it would have been 100% fair value

MaPawlys96

Aug 31, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I am pretty happy to have him as a Bruin's fan. I don't feel like I am overrating him at all either. I expect him to play on the 3rd line and be an upgrade there. He has been more than that in the past so I I don't see how it could be overrating him. Coyle has twice as many points as the guys who he will be replacing, it's a nice upgrade.

I said it was a good move for the Bruins and he will fit well. I didn't say specially say you overrated him, people are just saying the Wild got owned in this trade which I don't think it's true. I believe it was perfectly even.

MaPawlys96

Aug 31, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Either way, I do hope Coyle finds his game. He is a great community guy that Boston will love having, does so much with organizations throughout the city. The other problem he needs to find is consistency. He will do stuff in games that are unbelievable that make you realize he has special skills but then you won't see a game like that from him for 30 games.

Reactions: redwings25

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I said it was a good move for the Bruins and he will fit well. I didn't say specially say you overrated him, people are just saying the Wild got owned in this trade which I don't think it's true. I believe it was perfectly even.

It's too early to tell on Donato since he hasn't really been a steady NHL player yet but it definitely could turn out well for both teams. I wonder if Minn. just knew that Coyle wasn't really going to be in their future plans so why not flip him for a high risk-high reward type of prospect.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Donato has a ++ shot is learning to be a pro, not carried like some top ten prospects. Minny got a real nice player from BOS.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
if he's marc-andre bergeron playing Wing then he's not going to make it. Really hope he'll pull it together--Zucker needed a couple years in and out of the doghouse to figure out how to be responsible. Granlund was bounced off the puck so easily he was practically useless his first year. Here's hoping.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Honestly seems like a pretty even trade. Bruins fans were hyping up Donato pretty good just until last year

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Coyle could turn into Wheeler who was traded at the same age.

As long as Charlie's motor is going full out every shift he'll be great and especially if he adds a turbo or nitris to that engine over the summer period then look out.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
You mean he won't hit 50 again? I'm really not trying to be pedantic, it's just weird to say "This guy that has a career high of 56 points won't hit 50 points."
I mean the Bruins are not close to that team Coyle was on when he hit 56. Wild were like 2nd in goals that year.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Coyle could turn into Wheeler who was traded at the same age.

As long as Charlie's motor is going full out every shift he'll be great and especially if he adds a turbo or nitris to that engine over the summer period then look out.
This is one of the worst takes I’ve seen on HFBoards. He won’t be BiggeyFunk and he was 24 when traded.

Reactions: Menzinger

P10p

May 15, 2012
Looking fast. I think he has won every 50/50 puck he has been near. Very good hands and knows how to get a shot off through a pokecheck!!! Unheard of on Minnesota until now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->