Confirmed Trade: [MIN/BOS] Minnesota trades Charlie Coyle to Boston for Ryan Donato + 2019 5th Rd Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So are the Wild retooling while trying to make the playoffs or are they in the market for some big names?
In the wake of the Coyle trade Fenton said he expected the team to make the playoffs. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether or not he was being honest, but I don't think he's going to go after any big rentals. In UFA... if he can make the space I could see him going whaling.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
It's nice to see both fan bases rooting for their players to do well.

I know Im rooting for Donato . Him and vatrano I was very high on.

Yeah they seemed very much cut from the same cloth. Both guys with elite releases and average to below average wheels. Luckily skating is soemthing that can be worked on. Wish the best of luck to him

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Yeah they seemed very much cut from the same cloth. Both guys with elite releases and average to below average wheels. Luckily skating is soemthing that can be worked on. Wish the best of luck to him
I always found vatranos straight away speed is one of the fastest on Boston. It's just his north south game and agility

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
What's stopping Boston from putting him the RW of Debrusk/Krejci?

Right now there is more of a need for a center who can stabilize the 3rd line. All year the “3rd line” has been outperformed by the 4th line.

May be an option if they pickup another center it within a game if they shorten the bench. Probably a better chance of him moving to rw next season of one of there young centers step up.

Reactions: Bruhin

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What's stopping Boston from putting him the RW of Debrusk/Krejci?
I believe it was that fact the JFK and their other center weren’t pulling their weight and the 3rd and 4th lines were basically stale. The hope with Coyle is that they can get production from their 3rd line. They’re still open to the idea of adding a 2RW.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The initial reactions of the trade here on this thread from both sides are pure gold.......

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If all the B's are expecting is a 40 point, two way C then they are going to be pretty satisfied with this trade.

Lot of people are expecting/hoping him to help to address a major problem on this roster, #3C.

& Expect a different player to fix the #Rw issue.

You can't try to contend in the East with a #3C you can play 8-10mins.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
this trade will be one of those win-win deals you rarely see. both guys should thrive. donato
has a savage shot/release and sees the ice really well. i thought his wall play was a lot better
after coming back from providence the first time this year. bruins stacked at LW and they
like debrusk better in the top 6. coyle will fit in well as the 3C, and can move up when needed.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I still see donato disappearing and wild fans want him out of there kinda of a spooner effect. Coyle is what you get a 20 goal guy who can anchor 3c very well and can jump to 2nd line easily.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I still see donato disappearing and wild fans want him out of there kinda of a spooner effect. Coyle is what you get a 20 goal guy who can anchor 3c very well and can jump to 2nd line easily.
Coyle isn't a 20 goal guy. Certainly not if you got him playing center with 3rd line minutes

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016

I think you are in for a dissapointment if you expect him to be a consistent 20 goal scorer.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Expecting Coyle to put up 20 is a reach. Especially in a third line role. He's just never been much of a goal scorer. His last two seasons combined read: 127GP 21g 44a. That would be a 14g 28a average per 82 game season.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Much more likely the hometown Coyle gets run out of town after next year. He’s certainly not a 20 goal guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad