Confirmed Trade: [MIN/BOS] Minnesota trades Charlie Coyle to Boston for Ryan Donato + 2019 5th Rd Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Cant stress enough how valuable it is that Coyle can play decently anywhere in the forward lines. not spectacular anywhere but he's good to go on wing or C. will come in handy in the playoffs.

Reactions: Plickspect

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Who did Donato play with last night?

2 assist is a pretty good start

more kids...Eriksson Ek and Luke Kunin.

even without the assists he looked motivated and was moving well. fit right in. Had a couple good defensive plays as well

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
That's great, I hope he continues to succeed for you guys.

i'm on the record being skeptical. one game in i saw zero negative signs--he certainly has the confidence he needs as a start but a few more games needed before I'm more comfortable with the trade.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
more kids...Eriksson Ek and Luke Kunin.

even without the assists he looked motivated and was moving well. fit right in. Had a couple good defensive plays as well

Well he comes from a Cassidy system

Absolute tight as F

When it comes to it. You wont play if you dont learn to play 2 way

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
i'm on the record being skeptical. one game in i saw zero negative signs--he certainly has the confidence he needs as a start but a few more games needed before I'm more comfortable with the trade.

Same with Coyle

Cassidy is pretty blunt plus expect nonstop motor and low turnovers

So Coyle will need to bring his best

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You take it back right now.

Nah, I like Donato. He needs to work on his skating and ability to accept contact. He had some really good games in Boston and a string of not very good games. Some of those not very good games were with guys like Backes... but some were with Krejci.

I was at his debut and after seeing a few Harvard games that season, too. I thought he was untouchable. I still think he can be a good 2nd line scoring winger.

Reactions: TCB

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The name Coyle sounds very Bostonian.
uIFYebUAbSPW6kw3NUnCbviI8q2.jpg

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Well he comes from a Cassidy system

Absolute tight as F

When it comes to it. You wont play if you dont learn to play 2 way
Maybe that’s why the Wild have made the playoffs so many years in a row because they have a lot of those type of players.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009

This is why Boston is so unique. You would have to be a pretty bad character to do badly there when you are surrounded by leadership like this.

Wow, you're right Boston is so unique. There's definitely not another team in the league that would welcome their new players.

This has to top even McDavid's leadership skills when he told the bench to "Let's go!"

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Two eye tests in a row tells me Donato has good straight away speed, enough to consistently move past defenders, and also, as per like four different times this game, move back to defense and catch up to play D.

Last night he was the Wild's best player, tonight probably 1-2 again. He should have drawn about 4 penalties that were not called, had four shots, an assist where he danced a bit through the d, chased the puck to #99's office, got hit on the boards, and made it happen for the goal to be scored.

This kid may not be a 1st liner 35 goal getter, but if he can be consistent like this, motor and all, his skating is good not great, he is not slow in any fashion, and his shot is great. He will be a solid 2nd liner. Again, if the consistency is there.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
So are the Wild retooling while trying to make the playoffs or are they in the market for some big names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad