Confirmed Trade: [MIN/BOS] Minnesota trades Charlie Coyle to Boston for Ryan Donato + 2019 5th Rd Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
You think playing with Krejci and Debrusk is not a step up for Coyle? It appears you have a narrative laid out and must make it work ignoring any evidence on the contrary.
Correct. They aren't better than Staal/Granlund the last couple years. Which isn't a slight because those two obviously are really good but it's not an upgrade in linemates

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Correct. They aren't better than Staal/Granlund the last couple years. Which isn't a slight because those two obviously are really good but it's not an upgrade in linemates

He also hasn’t played with Staal/Granlund the last couple years, so...

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
You are going to like his shot, it's better than most NHL player's already. I think if he is on a team where he can get playing time then he could make a difference. He has flaws too and he definitely needs to work on his defensive game, but if he has someone to get him the puck and he is able to get open, he is going to score some goals.

It's easy to see the offensive talent is there, he just played the position where Boston has the most depth so he was expendable. He also didn't grab a spot when one became available like DeBrusk and Heinen did last year. I wish him well, I think he will have some success.
So he should play with Granlund then. Which probably won’t happen.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Ummm no. I’m speaking of Ted Donato’s son who just got traded. He can fly.

You have never watched Ryan Donato actually skate if you think he can fly. He's got the most unorthodox stride I've ever seen. It's like his is arms and legs are moving at top speed, but his actual speed is slow as hell. He is the very definition of "running fast in one place".

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
You have never watched Ryan Donato actually skate if you think he can fly. He's got the most unorthodox stride I've ever seen. It's like his is arms and legs are moving at top speed, but his actual speed is slow as hell. He is the very definition of "running fast in one place".
Woww, make us more depressed in the state of hockey why don’t ya. I’m already suffering from a lack of sunshine..

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

He also gets knocked down easily

But both of these things could be remedied with an extensive workout program...we shall see

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They said the same thing of Staal before he joined the Wild.

Change of scenery just what the doctor ordered

Coyle was never a 100 point Stanley Cup winning center though

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
So he should play with Granlund then. Which probably won’t happen.

I think he's going to need a little time. He needs a little further development imho. He could be a nice 2nd line scorer though if everything works out the way many think it will.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He was also not 32 when joining a new team

Maybe Coyle might pan out but worst case 40 pt 3rd liner

No problem

That’s not the worst case. That’s about your expected value. He’s a 40-50 point middle six player.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I like this for both teams honestly.

Bruins give up a guy with the higher ceiling who's struggled, but fill a big hole on their team for this year and next year as well.

Solid hockey trade for both clubs.

Reactions: Terrier and Mork

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I’m jealous, don’t know much about Donato but he didn’t seem that special to me so this seem like a great deal for Boston

He has upside that I don't think he'll reach, IMHO. Has a rocket of a shot but doesn't have the greatest wheels.

I think he settles in as a good third line winger eventually, but that wouldnt help the Bruins this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad