Confirmed with Link: [MIN/AZ] Jack McBain to Arizona for 2022 2nd [UPD: 2-yr ELC signed]

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Does Mcbain report directly to the roadrunners or the coyotes now that he's signed?

Wouldn't mind seeing him thrown into a game or 2 before the end of this season. He's got the size to at least hang in the bottom 6
Guessing he chose us because we told him we'd move Larsson and Nash and give him a 20 game NHL audition.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
So his ELC will slide a year because his ankle will prevent him from getting more than 9 games.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So his ELC will slide a year because his ankle will prevent him from getting more than 9 games.
I don't think the 10 game slide is relevant for college players as they no longer have their league to go back to.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Starting to build some talent and depth. Next season could see Wright/Slavkovsky, McBain, Smith, Maccelli and Guenther all pushing for roster spots.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm still not clear about McBain's upside, nor Smith for that matter. Do either of them have top 6 upside? Sometimes you're so parched for water you try to dive into a mirage.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'm still not clear about McBain's upside, nor Smith for that matter. Do either of them have top 6 upside? Sometimes you're so parched for water you try to dive into a mirage.

Seems to me both have 2nd line upside but are much more likely to be 3rd or 4th liners. I say Brian Boyle as a comparable to McBain. I'm having a hardee time with comparables for Smith but after watching some clips I see some Craig Smith to his game.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Probably not. I think we’re hoping for middle six upside. If they can be half way between Crouse and Johan Larsson, I think we’d all be really pumped about that. That’s kind of my hope. Just that they find a role, and play the way Tourigny and Armstrong want and fit in with what they’re apparently trying to build.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
A nicething about college players is that if they pan out, you can lock in their prime years on a mid-term deal while they're still RFA's. If McBain is good next year he's an RFA at 24, a 3-4 year deal gets most of his good years

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
A nicething about college players is that if they pan out, you can lock in their prime years on a mid-term deal while they're still RFA's. If McBain is good next year he's an RFA at 24, a 3-4 year deal gets most of his good years

Another nice thing about college players is that most of them can immediately fill 3rd/4th-line roles and still give you the hope that they might find another gear later in their careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad