Confirmed with Link: [MIN/AZ] Jack McBain to Arizona for 2022 2nd [UPD: 2-yr ELC signed]

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Good release on his shot, plays best in front of the net, skating is good enough, like to see him use his teammates more, deff a complimentary player, capable of driving the net effectively.
Wasn't blown away by any means at the Olympics and in my opinion that wasn't even close to a World Cup quality tournament. Think he will require seasoning in the AHL, though I hope I'm wrong.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Never heard of this guy before now, but I appreciate a nice statistical curve each year attatched to a big body ... reading the phrase "skating is good enough" gives me a Strome/Gormley/Samuelsson-sized question mark, but for a 2nd? I'll take it.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Insert Simpsons McBain memes.
Obliging.

1647826535273.png

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Good release on his shot, plays best in front of the net, skating is good enough, like to see him use his teammates more, deff a complimentary player, capable of driving the net effectively.
Wasn't blown away by any means at the Olympics and in my opinion that wasn't even close to a World Cup quality tournament. Think he will require seasoning in the AHL, though I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah...he need to come in a prove he can take the next step...don't think he'll come in straight to the NHL, accept for the last few games of this season, I guess since it doesn't matter we'll see what he has.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Middle 6 two way kind of guy with a good shot or more of a passer?
Probably a better passer than a goalscorer. We are banking on McBain continuing in his progression. He really took a step forward this year. I like having some size at C. This team is getting an identity.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Cool but couldn’t we have just signed him for free in a couple weeks?
Initially, this was my thought as well. A 2nd round draft pick is a high-price to pay for an unsigned free agent. I’m thinking that there had to have been some kind of “permission” by Minnesota that led to us being able to negotiate with him early. Bob’s tweet makes it seem like we have an inside track on this.

Reactions: Mosby

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Probably a better passer than a goalscorer. We are banking on McBain continuing in his progression. He really took a step forward this year. I like having some size at C. This team is getting an identity.
BA likes his players BIG.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I’m thinking that there had to have been some kind of “permission” by Minnesota that led to us being able to negotiate with him early. Bob’s tweet makes it seem like we have an inside track on this.
The tweet says the trade is conditional on us actually signing him. I'm sure his agent has given us the thumbs up at this point and he'll have a contract in the morning around the time the trade is finalized.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The tweet says the trade is conditional on us actually signing him. I'm sure his agent has given us the thumbs up at this point and he'll have a contract in the morning around the time the trade is finalized.
We wouldn’t be here if the player wasn’t willing to sign with AZ. A contract is coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad