Injury Report: Mikheyev out minimum 3 months

kb

Aug 28, 2009
although I can't say for sure I would think he's using the weighted orange puck, the way it came out of the net doesn't say hollow plastic to me
Yep, agreed 100% - if it was hollow, it would hit the back and drop straight down, maybe roll on an edge a bit. It wouldn't come sliding back out like that....too much friction.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Yep, agreed 100% - if it was hollow, it would hit the back and drop straight down, maybe roll on an edge a bit. It wouldn't come sliding back out like that....too much friction.

exactly, the netting eats up the floor hockey puck

Reactions: kb

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Don't know if they're still around but when the orange hockey balls first came out , yes in the way back times lol , they were often packaged with a street hockey puck , it was bright orange ,solid hard plastic but light weight and they would react a lot like what he is shooting . just good to see he's got both hands on the stick without any obvious signs of it being taped to his gloves .

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
We need him back if we make the playoffs. His size and speed are much needed. Malgin is a nice depth, but the bigger, more skilled Mikheyev is a better fit.

We are definitely missing his speed and length combination. His huge reach was giving opposition fits. Him and Holl both have that going for them, they cover so much ice.

Reactions: smitty10

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
We are definitely missing his speed and length combination. His huge reach was giving opposition fits. Him and Holl both have that going for them, they cover so much ice.
And he made smart simple plays consistently.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
The recruiting for next year has started already. I love da way da Leafs do it. Get a MLSE corporate sponsor to swing a nice sponsor deal. I'd love to see the conditions on appearances/ads required at head office in Toronto. Behind the scenes stuff which Leafs do so well and rest of league is ticked off with. Brilliant move.
You don't think Scotiabank is really paying all that money to MLSE for the sign on the arena. 40m*20 years.

Scotia puts Matthews in a banking commercial and they knock off 10m on that deal.

Sweet deal for all parties.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You don't think Scotiabank is really paying all that money to MLSE for the sign on the arena. 40m*20 years.

Scotia puts Matthews in a banking commercial and they know off 10m on that deal.

Sweet deal for all parties.
They have to do it through MLSE because it shelters the $$$ from the hockey and basketball CAP calculations. I am a small arena sponsor too. I can tell you though the league and players are not happy. But MLSE have a bevey of lawyers and accountants to make sure everything by the book.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The recruiting for next year has started already. I love da way da Leafs do it. Get a MLSE corporate sponsor to swing a nice sponsor deal. I'd love to see the conditions on appearances/ads required at head office in Toronto. Behind the scenes stuff which Leafs do so well and rest of league is ticked off with. Brilliant move.
Too bad they didn’t do that with the Big 3.
On the top of sponsor, is LV a sponsor for the Leafs bc I noticed all the players have LV bags.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad