Injury Report: Mikheyev out minimum 3 months

weems

Jul 3, 2008
That's amazing news that hes back on the ice and they're letting him at least take soft shots.

At the time of the injury he was turning into a two way beast and easily could have been argued to be one of our most consistent players up till that point.

A Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander second line would be great.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
his wrists look pretty stiff in the shooting clip and using light pucks, but given the initial assessment it definitely seems further along than expected at this point. The wrist mobility/flexibility & strength might still take a while

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
That's amazing news that hes back on the ice and they're letting him at least take soft shots.

At the time of the injury he was turning into a two way beast and easily could have been argued to be one of our most consistent players up till that point.

A Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander second line would be great.
If soup is at 100% and we get the Tavares that we have been getting as of late that line would be our first imho

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Hyman Matthews Marner
Soup Tavares Nylander
Johnsson Kerfoot Kappy
Engvall Spezza Clifford

That's so deep. Too bad we can't ever stay healthy. Would like to see it at some point.

Reactions: willmma

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
it should be noted he's wearing St.Pats gear

maybe gunning for the St.Pats game as his return?

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I've liked Engval in the 3C spot more than Kerfoot TBH. Good problems to have.

I haven't liked either really down the middle. Spezza's probably been the best of the 3 at centre. I was just spit balling with the lines. I have no idea what the ideal lines for a healthy squad would even be at this point lol.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Hope he gets back with some games to spare in the regular season. I want to see him back more then Reilly. For selfish reasons keeping Reilly out until the playoffs allows for improvement on the backend via trade. Bringing back Micheyev prior to end of season brings in an element that we sorely need (Size, Speed and two-way play). If he comes back I would love to see these lines:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Micheyev-Tavares-Nylander
Engvall-Spezza-Kapanen
Clifford-Gauthier-Timashov

Trade Kerfoot and Johnsson for defensive re-enforcements.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Can't wait for him to get back. He has been a pleasant surprise, and the lone bright spot during the Babcock part of the season . Also, anything to get Kerfoot out of the top 6 is a win for this team.
Thank god Babs left us with someone for that I am very grateful but most of his picks were awful. He should stick to coaching not recruiting. Not my kinda coach but he can coach somewhere on a team needing his type of structure whatever that is.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Hope he gets back with some games to spare in the regular season. I want to see him back more then Reilly. For selfish reasons keeping Reilly out until the playoffs allows for improvement on the backend via trade. Bringing back Micheyev prior to end of season brings in an element that we sorely need (Size, Speed and two-way play). If he comes back I would love to see these lines:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Micheyev-Tavares-Nylander
Engvall-Spezza-Kapanen

Trade Kerfoot and Johnsson for defensive re-enforcements.

Timing is the issue.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Aberg/newguy-Tavares-Nylander
Engvall-Spezza-Kapanen

If you trade Kerfoot and Johnsson who plays LW on the Tavares line?

Unless Kerfoot and Johnsson are traded for a term defender and expiring left winger?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Timing is the issue.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Engvall-Spezza-Kapanen

Unless Kerfoot and Johnsson are traded for a term defender and expiring left winger?

That would need to be the plan. Giving up 2 forwards like Johnsson and Kerfoot in a deal should bring you back a decent dman with term as well as a replacement LW that can play in the top 9 until Micheyev is back. Depending on what comes back you have Engvall that can play up and down in the lineup and has value. Aberg didn't look out of place playing with Spezza and Kapanen last game. He does have potential himself alongside Tavares and Nylander to make an impact.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Timing is the issue.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Engvall-Spezza-Kapanen

Korshkov seems to be rounding into form. Marchment is taking steps too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad