Injury Report: Mikheyev out minimum 3 months

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This is great! Great player, down to earth (at least it seems), loves it here. Freak injury sadly ended his season early.

Also, as a fellow Campbell myself, was never given the nickname Soup or Soupy, and my Ukrainian Grandmother (Baba) did make some fantastic homemade borscht!

And no....not related to Jack.
Known many Campbells in my life and all were called, 'Soup' .
How did you escape that?

Reactions: smitty10

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
what?!?! how do you not have a soup for a couple years? crazyman. I love soup once a week pretty much especially in winter
I know i saw the sponsorship yesterday and said to myself damn i have not had soup in forever usually a salad and fish/chicken for me. Maybe others too. I gotta figure sometimes it is just being top of mind. anywho back into campbells for me. i had like everyday when younger and i love it.

Reactions: Walshy7

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Andi Petrillo said again on leafs lunch today Mikheyev Is done for the year and maybe if leafs win a round he can come back. Does she know more than we do or is she just misinformed as usual ?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Andi Petrillo said again on leafs lunch today Mikheyev Is done for the year and maybe if leafs win a round he can come back. Does she know more than we do or is she just misinformed as usual ?

I mean it’s possible he won’t be back until say the second round. Key word in his diagnosis was MINIMUM 3 months so yeah. Regular season ends April 4th for us so a week after the three month mark.

I dunno, seems pessimistic on her part to me.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Several of us thought September was a more realistic return date.

It sounded like quite a serious injury, and no reason to risk his future trying to rush back from it.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto

3 Months time is minimum resting time basically before they can do another assessment.

After that 3 months the hard physio starts to get strength back in his wrist.

horner

May 22, 2007
Masters said just last Sat that Mik is supposed to start practicing on the current trip:

I could see them taking Ceci and Rielly on the trip .
Not to sure why they would be taking Mik on the trip.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I could see them taking Ceci and Rielly on the trip .
Not to sure why they would be taking Mik on the trip.
Think they're just trying to include him tbh. Mikheyev is here alone in his first year away from his homeland, doesn't speak the language very well and had a very serious injury as we know, Dubas has made it a point to make sure he's still looked after and not forgotten about. It can be very hard mentally in that situation if you're by yourself and isolated a lot.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Well it is a wrist injury, so there is no reason he can't start skating and getting his legs back.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I'm really not sure how Mikheyev is going to look upon his return. He'll have to be tentative as it was an extremely serious injury! Also not sure he'll have his shot back in time. This may be an over the summer thing he'll need to work on.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'm really not sure how Mikheyev is going to look upon his return. He'll have to be tentative as it was an extremely serious injury! Also not sure he'll have his shot back in time. This may be an over the summer thing he'll need to work on.
the nice thing (if there is one) about this injury is that it's not something that would cause him to lose confidence in his body's ability to operate a critical function that gets used constantly, like a knee ligament when players who've had one get it in their head that their knee will give out the same way even after the ligament is replaced and need time for their subconscious to realize the knee is solid again. I agree that he may be tentative in shooting and/or that his shot will be less powerful, but I also think he can be a very effective NHL'er with a lesser shot or less propensity to shoot. His speed and tenacity are really his bread and butter so I'd be for putting him back in the lineup when the injury is healed, and let him get back to shooting as much as he did at his own pace. It's probably Gauthier or Malgin that get pushed out when he comes back and I think he's a better player than those guys even if he's apprehensive to shoot.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009

Damn, Mikheyev is coming a hell of a lot sooner than I thought he would. Didnt think he'd play again this season. Great news.

Well, Clutterbuck and Pesce came back after they had their wrists sliced although their injuries might not have been as severe

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Don't anyone crucify him when he comes back and looks slow and out of place. We know how leaf fans are. It will take a couple weeks to get his game legs.

People were complaining about his shot before, I'll tell you right now it's not going to be better now that he's severed a wrist tendon, and it might not be back to where it was for some months yet.

Reactions: NovaLeaf and crump

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
People were complaining about his shot before, I'll tell you right now it's not going to be better now that he's severed a wrist tendon, and it might not be back to where it was for some months yet.
Don't like it but I think you're right. I had a similar injury, albeit as a small kid, but it took a long time to build up strength and be confident with that hand again.Muscles and tendons are muscles and tendons but he has the benefit of state of the art physio and doctors, and well, a professional athlete so you never know.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Don't like it but I think you're right. I had a similar injury, albeit as a small kid, but it took a long time to build up strength and be confident with that hand again.Muscles and tendons are muscles and tendons but he has the benefit of state of the art physio and doctors, and well, a professional athlete so you never know.
Ok never mind..lol I just read Keefe's quote. Good news

Last edited:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Great news! Really hope we’re fully healthy come playoffs (except Johnsson, he’s unfortunately done for the season).

If fully healthy though, I wonder who Keefe puts with JT/Nylander? Leave Kerfoot there? Weakens us at C, but a legit option. Mikheyev has a lot of talent, but he’s a bit shot happy, I think I prefer him on the 3rd line, don’t want him looking off Tavares/Nylander. Personally I’d try Engvall with Tavares/Nylander, he’s great defensively, decent enough offensively, could play a sort of Hyman role for them.

IMO we’d have an actual shot against Tampa with this lineup:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Engvall - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - Malgin

Rielly - Barrie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Ceci

Andersen
Campbell

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Great news! Really hope we’re fully healthy come playoffs (except Johnsson, he’s unfortunately done for the season).

If fully healthy though, I wonder who Keefe puts with JT/Nylander? Leave Kerfoot there? Weakens us at C, but a legit option. Mikheyev has a lot of talent, but he’s a bit shot happy, I think I prefer him on the 3rd line, don’t want him looking off Tavares/Nylander. Personally I’d try Engvall with Tavares/Nylander, he’s great defensively, decent enough offensively, could play a sort of Hyman role for them.

IMO we’d have an actual shot against Tampa with this lineup:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Engvall - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - Malgin

Rielly - Barrie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Ceci

Andersen
Campbell

Why is Ceci playing over Sandin?

Ad