Injury Report: Mikheyev out minimum 3 months

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Rest day for Sandin. Nothing more.

Rasmus Sandin, with our team, just played 15 games in 29 days in the NHL in February. That is a lot to ask for a young guy. He took on a lot of responsibility here with the injuries and such. We like how those guys have done for us, but now with the addition of Rosen, we think — even with the injuries — we have the ability to move guys in and out and give some of these younger guys some time off and a little extra time in the gym to ease the pressure of the schedule a little bit for them. That is why Sandin is going to be out tomorrow and the same with Liljegren with why he went in. It gives a chance, at the same time, for Rosen to take another step here in terms of getting comfortable and our group getting comfortable with him.

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2020...ike-mikheyev-is-going-to-be-back-this-season/

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
Rasmus Sandin, with our team, just played 15 games in 29 days in the NHL in February. That is a lot to ask for a young guy. He took on a lot of responsibility here with the injuries and such. We like how those guys have done for us, but now with the addition of Rosen, we think — even with the injuries — we have the ability to move guys in and out and give some of these younger guys some time off and a little extra time in the gym to ease the pressure of the schedule a little bit for them. That is why Sandin is going to be out tomorrow and the same with Liljegren with why he went in. It gives a chance, at the same time, for Rosen to take another step here in terms of getting comfortable and our group getting comfortable with him.

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2020...ike-mikheyev-is-going-to-be-back-this-season/

like I said...
“Rest day for Sandin. Nothing more.”

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
I'm really not sure how Mikheyev is going to look upon his return. He'll have to be tentative as it was an extremely serious injury! Also not sure he'll have his shot back in time. This may be an over the summer thing he'll need to work on.

he never had a great shot anyways .. frankly that was one of the worst part of his game
hes scored 1 goal with an actual shot this year.

he should be fine . the best part of his return is that we would finally have all our Left wingers back and kerfoot can slot back into the 3C. thats gigantic.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Haven't heard anything on this front for awhile. How is the recovery progressing? Fingers crossed, I really like what I saw from him.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Got to think he will be close to ready if not ready to go in terms of the injury. I think the thing will be getting his legs back, but hey I guess at this point that may be a problem for the entire league.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs News: Latest on pursuit of Alex Barabanov, contract negotiations with Ilya Mikheyev

On Ilya Mikheyev’s health:

Miky is ready to go. If we were to play the season, he was scheduled to return on March the 19th. He would’ve played his first game. He is in good spirits. He is currently in Toronto, like everybody else. He is isolating himself but he is still working out and getting ready for the season to resume — hopefully, that is going to happen in the near future. He is excited.

On contract negotiations between the Leafs and Mikheyev:

We have had a couple of conversations earlier. January 1st was the first day that we were allowed to go and make an offer. Basically, they called to let us know they were interested in retaining Ilya. Also, we had a conversation maybe about a month or so ago. This was just a cordial conversation. I’ve spoken with Ilya. While he wants to be in Toronto, the best thing for us is to wait so he can play some more games and see what he can do.

CEO of Gold Star Hockey & NHLPA Certified Player Agent Dan Milstein representing Maple Leaf Ilya Mikheyev and SKA Saint Petersburg's Alexander Barabanov joined Josh Goldberg and Sho Alli to chat about how he has be dealing with COVID-19 pandemic, how Maple Leaf Ilya Mikheyev has been recovering from his injury and the status of Alexander Barabanov coming to the NHL.

https://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-5/dan_milstein_on_sn_today.mp3

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I can't see how Mikheyev would sign anything other than a one year deal under his current circumstances.

If you factor in opportunity and player age I'm not sure Mikheyev's season was that much better than Engvall's.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Toronto Maple Leafs News: Latest on pursuit of Alex Barabanov, contract negotiations with Ilya Mikheyev

On Ilya Mikheyev’s health:

Miky is ready to go. If we were to play the season, he was scheduled to return on March the 19th. He would’ve played his first game. He is in good spirits. He is currently in Toronto, like everybody else. He is isolating himself but he is still working out and getting ready for the season to resume — hopefully, that is going to happen in the near future. He is excited.

On contract negotiations between the Leafs and Mikheyev:

We have had a couple of conversations earlier. January 1st was the first day that we were allowed to go and make an offer. Basically, they called to let us know they were interested in retaining Ilya. Also, we had a conversation maybe about a month or so ago. This was just a cordial conversation. I’ve spoken with Ilya. While he wants to be in Toronto, the best thing for us is to wait so he can play some more games and see what he can do.

CEO of Gold Star Hockey & NHLPA Certified Player Agent Dan Milstein representing Maple Leaf Ilya Mikheyev and SKA Saint Petersburg's Alexander Barabanov joined Josh Goldberg and Sho Alli to chat about how he has be dealing with COVID-19 pandemic, how Maple Leaf Ilya Mikheyev has been recovering from his injury and the status of Alexander Barabanov coming to the NHL.

https://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-5/dan_milstein_on_sn_today.mp3
Would be a real coup if we could get Mik resigned and sign Barabanov too. But Mik has to come first. and then Dermy 2nd. We have to ensure we have top 2 lines resigned.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I can't see how Mikheyev would sign anything other than a one year deal under his current circumstances.

I could see both him an the team being comfortable with a Brown type (3years low 2's) if he really wants the instant security.

But yeah a 1x1 (presumably) followed by a Johnsson type could be mutually beneficial

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I could see both him an the team being comfortable with a Brown type (3years low 2's) if he really wants the instant security.

But yeah a 1x1 (presumably) followed by a Johnsson type could be mutually beneficial
Hopefully Dubie can land him for a 1 year like 1.5M deal with promise for a better one after a full season. But da guy is gonna play in our top 2 lines and based how he played this year could easily be a 60 point guy so my guess he will be more than AJ. But he is first guy from Europe who came over undrafted in current regime that is da real deal. and to me he is priority #1.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I like the strategy by Dubas. Pay for top end talent, but then find good value in cheaper contracts to fill the rest of the spots.

Higher margin of error with the TB and Boston model. Sign your players for lower average value based on building a contender together.

Reactions: Matthews34

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad