Injury Report: Mikheyev out minimum 3 months

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
His cast might be off in 6 more weeks ? where does it say anything about that , clearly its still on now just look at that right arm , holy Popeye . He may just be one handing the stick for balance it always feels weird skating without one when you spend so much time with it , it's kind of like losing an apendage to not have it with you .

Reactions: MJK

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
His cast might be off in 6 more weeks ? where does it say anything about that , clearly its still on now just look at that right arm , holy Popeye . He may just be one handing the stick for balance it always feels weird skating without one when you spend so much time with it , it's kind of like losing an apendage to not have it with you .

He'll be playoff ready. It's a cut, although, in a severe area
He can still skate, be in the gym and work out. He won't be out of shape

I didn't think I would miss this guy but do we miss this guy

I am done with GOAT, TIMA and whoever the flavor of the month is from Marlies in that role.
He needs to go on to 3rd and someone needs to move down, probably Clifford

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
ACF7BB5D-C39A-4D40-A01C-BB1A303B966F.png

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

I am done with GOAT, TIMA and whoever the flavor of the month is from Marlies in that role.

Considering he severed the arteries and tendons in his arm, I'm guessing it's been immobilized and has some sever atrophy going on. It's not "a cut".

Reactions: fahad203

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Am I the only one hoping he doesn't play this season? That's a serious injury and he needs time to rehab properly. Rushing him in for a playoff race just seems like a bad idea.

I mean i'll be happy if he plays as a Leaf fan, just not sure how I feel about it as a human.

Reactions: hullsy47

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
When the season started Mikheyev quickly became the new favorite in our house. The reason was two fold: firstly, we loved his talent and effort, and secondly (and sentimentally) our son's name is Ilya. So in a weird way we adopted Mikheyev as our own.

My wife would come home from work mid-way through the first period of weekday games and inevitably ask: "How's Ilya playing? Did he score?" And when he did score we would high five and shout, "Ilya!" and laugh.

When he was injured, I was devastated. The nature of his injury had me worried for the young man. So to hear that he's skating and holding a stick brought a smile to my face with renewed hopes for a full recovery.

Reactions: Al14 and qqaz

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Never knew why people said he'd be out for the season when there was a decent chance he'd return. He would solidify our offence and in the summer one of our middle wingers with cap can be dealt.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Very encouraging sign. Have to feel it's looking like there's *a chance* he could play in April if we make the playoffs.

It's going to be a long long road, the tendons have shrunk (shorter) because of lack of use, he is going to have to stretch them out, rebuild the strength. Horrible injury for a hockey player.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Campbell Soup no? Where did the Soupy thing come in? Well I guess it works. We got a Soup and a Soupy now.... both guys came out of nowhere and can play.

Every (slight exaggeration) Campbell in the history of hockey has been called Soupy, based on Campbells Soup.

Mikky is called soupy because of his love (obsession) for Borscht... aka beet soup.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

It's not his shape (cardio) you have to be worried about its the rehab for the tendons, it can be a painful and slow rehab.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Yup. I had a buddy who sliced a tendon in his forearm. These things are taut like piano strings. They had to open up his arm and dig up and down to grab the tendon ends to stretch them back together to repair it. Like literally reaching under his skin with long needle nosed pliers to grab the ends of the tendon and pull them tight. The scar he had was hideous. He actually got addicted to opioids over this and eventually died. No joke.

That's a pretty damn depressing story to say the least.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
+
ilya-mikheyev-2020-38.jpg

upload_2020-2-11_9-24-3.png

=

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-11_9-23-52.png
    upload_2020-2-11_9-23-52.png
    348.4 KB · Views: 1

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Micheyev skating again today holding a stick with some puck work (no shooting just stick handling) at practice facility. Just got word from a friend that is part of ice crew at the Ford Performance Center. Tells me he is in good spirits. Also, Reilly still in a cast but came in today to workout on the weights and bike. Found it funny considering he has a cast on his foot, but supposedly he is still on the bike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad