Injury Report: Mikheyev out minimum 3 months

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Could you imagine!? Campbell's stock goes thru the roof!

SCJ10_21c.jpg

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
hes tavares and nylander LF for many years...hes big, hes fast, he hustles, a great defender, and has very good offensive skills

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The recruiting for next year has started already. I love da way da Leafs do it. Get a MLSE corporate sponsor to swing a nice sponsor deal. I'd love to see the conditions on appearances/ads required at head office in Toronto. Behind the scenes stuff which Leafs do so well and rest of league is ticked off with. Brilliant move.

Jack Campbell grimaces in the corner... Now this is going to cause locker room issues :(

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Soooo are he, Rielly and Muzzin all due back at around the same time (late March/early April)? Gonna be a stressful month..

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Andi Pettrilo said Soup isn't coming back this year, talking with Feschuk. Do they know something? Or are they just dumb? Time is 6:35

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
no

muzzin is gonna be late march

Mikheyev/Rielly might be back in about 1-2 weeks if everything goes well
Sounds like there’s a decent shot at mid-March for Rielly. But for Mikheyev, they said he’d be re-evaluated around late March, and a more accurate timeline would be provided then. It’s possible he doesn’t return at all this season.

Reactions: Cams

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Sounds like there’s a decent shot at mid-March for Rielly. But for Mikheyev, they said he’d be re-evaluated around late March, and a more accurate timeline would be provided then. It’s possible he doesn’t return at all this season.

Yeah, I feel Rielly will come back on March 17th against NJ or at least sometime around then. Probably the same for Ceci.

Mikheyev is tricky but Keefe has been quite positive about him.

Still it's such a weird injury and is much harder to get a read on. I think the best-case scenario is him returning with 2-3 games left in the season if they're still in the hunt.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I love how outspoken Mikheyev's agent is. Never fails to give a nice update.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
This is great! Great player, down to earth (at least it seems), loves it here. Freak injury sadly ended his season early.

Also, as a fellow Campbell myself, was never given the nickname Soup or Soupy, and my Ukrainian Grandmother (Baba) did make some fantastic homemade borscht!

And no....not related to Jack.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Don't anyone crucify him when he comes back and looks slow and out of place. We know how leaf fans are. It will take a couple weeks to get his game legs.

This guy has endeared himself to the point where I think he could go pointless all playoffs and we'd all swoon still

Reactions: NovaLeaf

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Jack Campbell grimaces in the corner... Now this is going to cause locker room issues :(
Heh wouldn't it be great if they signed up both guys. I bet their soup sales go up. I know I told my wife to pick up some mushroom soup yesterday and she did. I have not had soup in a couple years.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
mikheyev is THE soupman on this team its a creative nickname, calling a guy with the last name campbell "soup" is low hanging fruit so Ilya gets the soupy name.

Reactions: Slot

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Heh wouldn't it be great if they signed up both guys. I bet their soup sales go up. I know I told my wife to pick up some mushroom soup yesterday and she did. I have not had soup in a couple years.

what?!?! how do you not have a soup for a couple years? crazyman. I love soup once a week pretty much especially in winter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad