Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev - Part 2

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Bounced back great after being exposed a bit against Florida. Helps that Carolina wasn't very physical. Gotta expect Trotz goes after him if that's the matchup next round, so hope he's ready.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Bounced back great after being exposed a bit against Florida. Helps that Carolina wasn't very physical. Gotta expect Trotz goes after him if that's the matchup next round, so hope he's ready.
That Martin/Clutterbuck line always scares me. They hit EVERYTHING. Serg or Point & Kuch might take a beating.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The kid's only 22 lmao, of course he's not going to be awesome every and each series. Same stuff happened last year, he needs time to acclimate to the playoffs pace, then delivers. He's leaning more and more towards a defensive game tho.

Reactions: PJ817 and DaBolts

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
The kid's only 22 lmao, of course he's not going to be awesome every and each series. Same stuff happened last year, he needs time to acclimate to the playoffs pace, then delivers. He's leaning more and more towards a defensive game tho.
If you think at Heddy's development, he's quite on path. In a couple of years his production will explose IMO and we'll have in our hands two of the best Dman in the league.

Plus, overall, I feel like Serg's development on the defensive end is better than what Hedman was at 22. Thanks Stevie Y, you really got us a freaking GEM

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If you think at Heddy's development, he's quite on path. In a couple of years his production will explose IMO and we'll have in our hands two of the best Dman in the league.

Plus, overall, I feel like Serg's development on the defensive end is better than what Hedman was at 22. Thanks Stevie Y, you really got us a freaking GEM

To me, Sergachev still looks like a guy who's gonna develop into a high-end #2, about as valuable as McDonagh is right now. With more offense, obviously. I don't see him turning into a top-10 Dman league-wide, but would love to be proven wrong.

Either way, he's gonna be really, really good. And even if someday Hedman drops from the best Dman in the game to a top 10 or 15 Dman, we're still gonna be in good shape. And Cernak looks more and more like he is, or will be, a high end #3. Future remains bright.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
To me, Sergachev still looks like a guy who's gonna develop into a high-end #2, about as valuable as McDonagh is right now. With more offense, obviously. I don't see him turning into a top-10 Dman league-wide, but would love to be proven wrong.

Either way, he's gonna be really, really good. And even if someday Hedman drops from the best Dman in the game to a top 10 or 15 Dman, we're still gonna be in good shape. And Cernak looks more and more like he is, or will be, a high end #3. Future remains bright.
I tend to agree with what you say, but I still see a great offensive upside for Serg.

And because this isn't Cernak's thread so I won't say much, but boy oh boy what he's turning into. Not only beastly on the defensive end, but his offensive outputs are getting more and more consistent and effective.

What a f***ing team we have, genuinely insane.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I tend to agree with what you say, but I still see a great offensive upside for Serg.

And because this isn't Cernak's thread so I won't say much, but boy oh boy what he's turning into. Not only beastly on the defensive end, but his offensive outputs are getting more and more consistent and effective.

What a f***ing team we have, genuinely insane.

Oh yeah, I think there's still a lot of upside with Sergachev. I just don't know if he could ever be the #1 on a cup team, whereas I think he will be one of the better #2's in the league within a few years. I see him as a guy with great raw skills but I don't think he will ever make the kind of decisions Hedman makes, or even a lesser #1.

But I think he might break 50 points a time or two in his career, especially if he ever gets real PP time. And the best part might be that he has developed a bit of a meanstreak and I do think he intimidates opponents a little bit now. He and Cernak could be a downright nasty duo in their late 20s.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He had some good blocks but he’s a f***ing turnover machine out there. Like no pressure at all and he hands it right over. The hell is wrong with him?

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Yeah BRUTAL game from the kid tonight. Holy shit. Gains offensive zone unpressured and just passes the puck to whatever Islander that was. Other than that, he got bodied pretty hard a couple times, and those 36 other turnovers he had. Not too good.

HeartAttack

Feb 16, 2018
valuing him better than Cernak has aged very well :D Drago is beast while he is like chihuahua...only barking and when bigger dog shows up he is running to his master with his tail between legs

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
valuing him better than Cernak has aged very well :D Drago is beast while he is like chihuahua...only barking and when bigger dog shows up he is running to his master with his tail between legs
Not sure the analogy fits. He just turned the puck over 1000 times without reason.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I think that Sergy is not 100% healthy. And I think that he has something with concussion to do. Like Heddy at CBJ series,maybe in a lighter form. But sometimes his descicssion making are awful like he is not on the ice like he is lost a lil bit, and if he was rookie,I could think that this is because he is new guy,but I saw last year that he can play and those mistakes are not so typical for him.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I am like Cernaks biggest fan but credit to Sergachev where it’s due. Mikhail has a much more polished offensive game and has quicker up ice mobility. He’s also developed quite a bit and his defensive game is much better than people give him credit for, he just sometimes regresses and he has these horrible games where he looks like Marc Andre Bergeron.

Cernak has also developed his offensive game nicely, it’s been a pleasure watching both of these two grow

Reactions: Peacefool and Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad