Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev - Part 2

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Hopefully he got all the bad out of his system last night.
What's massively frustrating is, he's such a weapon and those high risk plays are what make him special. They work and we feel all happy in our tummies about it. They don't work and it's like we've been speedbagged in the scrote.

The other thing is, for this series in particular, I think it's much better to just put the puck behind their D and make that relatively small, soft, and shallow Panthers D Corps work below the circles. No need to try what he tried on Huberdeau's breakaway goal. Remove the risk, put it down the wall into the corner and let the forwards beat on their D while you creep in for a low to high point shot on net. Simple, reliable and predictable play with the depth the Lightning have will be enough vs. the Panthers on 90% of occasions imo.

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah it's just the situational hockey, kinda like what Kuch was benched for that one time. We're up by 1 in the third, no need for that high risk play to break the game open. Save it for when we're down and desperate, or early in a scoreless game where it won't potentially kill us at least.

Reactions: zeykshade

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Played his best game of the series today
Yeah finally tough Serge was back. Im also waiting from him a fight where he just destroys his opponent like last seasson.But I have a feeling that hes been told not to fight by coaches,or someone, I saw few times that he needed to stop himself several times. I hope he will be fine

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Yeah finally tough Serge was back. Im also waiting from him a fight where he just destroys his opponent like last seasson.But I have a feeling that hes been told not to fight by coaches,or someone, I saw few times that he needed to stop himself several times. I hope he will be fine
I'd rather him not fight, he provides much more value in other aspects of the game. Too much of a risk for a hand injury in fighting for me, Maroon and Schenn are there to take care of stuff in that department.

Reactions: Peacefool

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I'd rather him not fight, he provides much more value in other aspects of the game. Too much of a risk for a hand injury in fighting for me, Maroon and Schenn are there to take care of stuff in that department.
I know. I dont mean fight like clear fight,like after FO or something like that. I mean I liked his fights when they just began unexpecdetly,and Sergy was a monster there. Yes its a risk for him ,and its not his job,but man after his fight against Buffalo tough guy last season,we won a cup. Such a moments just fires up team. But I agree with you)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Serg always takes some bad bumps man, always getting knocked around.

I thought maybe he had the wind knocked out of him, he was panting pretty heavily when the trainer was there, then just kept him out for precaution?

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I know. I dont mean fight like clear fight,like after FO or something like that. I mean I liked his fights when they just began unexpecdetly,and Sergy was a monster there. Yes its a risk for him ,and its not his job,but man after his fight against Buffalo tough guy last season,we won a cup. Such a moments just fires up team. But I agree with you)
Oh yeah, I get that. He was throwing hands in Buffalo, one of my favorite moments from last season!

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Down by 4 goals in the third and that's all that they can come up with. That's an intent to injure if I ever saw one. One part of me wants retribution in Game 5, but I see the team has greater goals, it's palpable they're in for a repeat, Hornqvist can GFH on the golf course.

Reactions: Hoek and Peacefool

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
One of the more over hyped and over rated defensemen of his generation. He’s got one move at the blue line and now the league knows it. He’s not even good enough to be a bottom pairing in the playoffs. Florida is abusing him. Not a defensive dman and can’t score
And once again here he is costing the team in a crucial game. I know he’s git talent, but my goodness he’s a liability at times.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Offense is completely dry and can't get a shot on net to save his life but at least there's no more dumb defensive plays, he's holding down his minutes right now but he's definitely not playing with another gear like Cernak who has 7 points in 11 games and is absolutely flying.

Reactions: NatoGhost and Hoek

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Offense is completely dry and can't get a shot on net to save his life but at least there's no more dumb defensive plays, he's holding down his minutes right now but he's definitely not playing with another gear like Cernak who has 7 points in 11 games and is absolutely flying.
Genuine answer I acknowledge, despite your antagonizing track record. Sergachev produces little to nothing offensively in these playoffs and that's worrisome in some ways. Cernak may have 7 points and we're all loving it, Sergachev is playing a lot more minutes tho, even at even strength. (154 minutes for EC - 188 for MS) after 10 games. So we know who is the the 3rd best dman on this team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Genuine answer I acknowledge, despite your antagonizing track record. Sergachev produces little to nothing offensively in these playoffs and that's worrisome in some ways. Cernak may have 7 points and we're all loving it, Sergachev is playing a lot more minutes tho, even at even strength. (154 minutes for EC - 188 for MS) after 10 games.

Quality of minutes, Cernak has been primarily going against the top line and doesn't get PP time like Sergachev does which makes his production even more impressive. Serg plays half his time against bottom lines as a 3rd pairing. He's not playing bad anymore but he gets a lot of oppertunity on the point that's not being capitalized.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Quality of minutes, Cernak has been primarily going against the top line and doesn't get PP time like Sergachev does which makes his production even more impressive.
I'm ok with this. That's a competition to me. Cernak being better than Serge would only show how deep our depth core is. Repeat is what that matters.

Reactions: NatoGhost

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Quality of minutes, Cernak has been primarily going against the top line and doesn't get PP time like Sergachev does which makes his production even more impressive. Serg plays half his time against bottom lines as a 3rd pairing. He's not playing bad anymore but he gets a lot of oppertunity on the point that's not being capitalized.

When Serg is paired with Hedmonster, it's like having 5 forwards out there. It's a shame we can't do more of that. He is coming around and once he starts scoring, watch out.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
After these last two series, I do not want to hear one complaint about my man.

Serge is a 1D on many teams, but by God as our 3D, he keeps us in games and series when it is money time. He may not be scoring, but he's learned to check hard, pass better and throw his body around to win.

Dude is a champion and will eventually take over from the Hedmonster.

When he's 51.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad