Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev - Part 2

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Probably not in good taste when you have no idea what issue he/his family are dealing with.

I listened to some Montreal sports radio today after the announcement. They were pretty hard on him saying his "issues" had more to do with his inability to handle the media spotlight and "being the man" he demanded as his role.

We'll find out one day, until then, it's all speculation.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I listened to some Montreal sports radio today after the announcement. They were pretty hard on him saying his "issues" had more to do with his inability to handle the media spotlight and "being the man" he demanded as his role.

Damn that's rough. The guy is clearly going through a tough time and it doesn't help when that happens too. You just hope for the best for him at this point.

Reactions: Outl4w

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Damn that's rough. The guy is clearly going through a tough time and it doesn't help when that happens too. You just hope for the best for him at this point.

Remember, a Francophone "star" in Montreal is like a NFL starting QB in New York City. It's brutal and they do not show mercy.

I just hope that it is something he can bounce back from.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
It may well just be that he couldn’t handle the pressure, but some people on the Habs board are saying that Drouin suffers from depression and if that’s indeed the case then people (especially the Montreal media) need to stay off his back.

Now his attitude issues and unwillingness to work on his game are another story - you can’t blame those on depression and he’s fair game to be criticized for them. But I’m not going to give him any crap for what he’s going through now.

Reactions: Hoek

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side

This is just about the worst source you could turn to for actual information on an issue like this.

As your second post points out -- they are absolutely brutal. Has nothing to do with actual reporting or facts, just whatever they think will entertain their audience.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
This is just about the worst source you could turn to for actual information on an issue like this.

As your second post points out -- they are absolutely brutal. Has nothing to do with actual reporting or facts, just whatever they think will entertain their audience.

I wasn't talking about the callers. I was talking about the ex-Candien players who were hosts.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I wasn't talking about the callers. I was talking about the ex-Candien players who were hosts.

They're guessing as well and if anything they're just projecting their experience onto the situation. Drouin may very well struggle with some of the pressure but it also may have absolutely nothing to do with why he's away from the team right now. It's a hot topic and everyone just wants to get their clicks and views.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
They're guessing as well and if anything they're just projecting their experience onto the situation. Drouin may very well struggle with some of the pressure but it also may have absolutely nothing to do with why he's away from the team right now. It's a hot topic and everyone just wants to get their clicks and views.

All I can say is that our local talk radio does not hold a camera to ex-players who can curse in English and French on the air.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side

Yes, ex-Canadien players who are talk radio hosts are just about the worst source you can turn to for actual information on Drouin's issues. They're going to speculate in whatever way drives the most discussion.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I hope he gets help, but I am glad we dealt him away. I thought Jones was the pick then and still do. Yzerman redeemed us by stealing Sergachev. Drouin has talent, but just never put it together. I hope he finds peace with his inner demons and comes back stronger.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Is it safe to say this guy is on his way to becoming an elite d man?

Came at a weird time, that was a rough game for Sergachev but yes most of the year has been another step forward.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Remember, a Francophone "star" in Montreal is like a NFL starting QB in New York City. It's brutal and they do not show mercy.

I just hope that it is something he can bounce back from.
Its so much worse. A lot of these old guard francophones think they're gods gift to the hockey world and everyone else is uncultured swine. I wouldn't play there, they can blow that "tradition and passion" out the backside. On top of that, players have eyes on them 24 hours a day, plus social media, you have no peace, no anonymity. Theres a reason guys like playing here and it isn't just tax implications.

Hell, remember just a few years ago when they followed Stamkos around and had random people taking photos of him from another building like TMZ? f*** all that.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Its so much worse. A lot of these old guard francophones think they're gods gift to the hockey world and everyone else is uncultured swine. I wouldn't play there, they can blow that "tradition and passion" out the backside. On top of that, players have eyes on them 24 hours a day, plus social media, you have no peace, no anonymity. Theres a reason guys like playing here and it isn't just tax implications.

Hell, remember just a few years ago when they followed Stamkos around and had random people taking photos of him from another building like TMZ? f*** all that.
I actually remember that, I believe Stammer posted about that on his Twitter

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Hi everyone! How’s Sergachev looking this season? Thanks in advance!

bov

Nov 13, 2010

Fantastic imo. He has shown improvement each season, and to me he is already a top pairing calibre d-man with all the tools to become a bona-fide #1 for years to come. I like watching him play, he has a unique style and confidence about his game that you rarely see in a defenseman.

Reactions: cphabs

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Much improved. He was always very offensive minded and he’s still at times looking to make the risky and more flashy play but he has toned down. Simple smart plays. His defensive game is a lot better than 1-2 seasons ago. He can be trusted to carry his partner now instead of having the other cover for him.

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Much improved. He was always very offensive minded and he’s still at times looking to make the risky and more flashy play but he has toned down. Simple smart plays. His defensive game is a lot better than 1-2 seasons ago. He can be trusted to carry his partner now instead of having the other cover for him.
Thanks!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Fantastic imo. He has shown improvement each season, and to me he is already a top pairing calibre d-man with all the tools to become a bona-fide #1 for years to come. I like watching him play, he has a unique style and confidence about his game that you rarely see in a defenseman.
Thanks! He’s only 22 as well! Lmao!

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
One of the more over hyped and over rated defensemen of his generation. He’s got one move at the blue line and now the league knows it. He’s not even good enough to be a bottom pairing in the playoffs. Florida is abusing him. Not a defensive dman and can’t score

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->