mikeyehev and korshkov

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Would love to see Mikheyev get a shot with Tavares and Marner and see what he can do. Good puck retriever, big, fast, and unlike Hyman has offensive skills. But Babcock has a hard-on for Hyman so you will never see him in bottom 6, where he should be IMO.

Reactions: hector morrison

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Would love to see Mikheyev get a shot with Tavares and Marner and see what he can do. Good puck retriever, big, fast, and unlike Hyman has offensive skills. But Babcock has a hard-on for Hyman so you will never see him in bottom 6, where he should be.

Yet Hyman has statistically improved on offense with each passing season. So there's that...

Reactions: therealkoho

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Great options to mix and match. The wingspan those guys bring is sorely needed.

Could also see a Matthews, Korshkov and Mikheyev trio in a situation where we need to bring a big line to a specific matchup.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Would love to see Mikheyev get a shot with Tavares and Marner and see what he can do. Good puck retriever, big, fast, and unlike Hyman has offensive skills. But Babcock has a hard-on for Hyman so you will never see him in bottom 6, where he should be IMO.

I'd like to see Hyman back with Matthews and Nylander, TBH.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Bruins almost won the cup with 1 stacked line, we could have 2 of them, Hyman does not stack a line IMO. Think he would be great with Kerfoot.

Johnsson or Kapanen does not stack a line, either. Hyman is a better player than both of them.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Johnsson or Kapanen does not stack a line, either. Hyman is a better player than both of them.
Think Johnsson and Mikheyev would be much better options on the top 2 lines IMO. Hyman is a good worker but the play dies on his stick way too often for my liking on the top lines.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I like Hyman, just not on top 6

He's not my 1st choice either, but he's definitely surpassed expectations for a guy with limited offense like him. Other than that, he's arguably the perfect 3rd line winger, and I think a lot of the criticism he receives from Leaf fans on these boards (not accusing you) is unfair as the rest of the 30 teams would LOVE to have a guy like him in their line-up.

Reactions: ToMaLe

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
He's not my 1st choice either, but he's definitely surpassed expectations for a guy with limited offense like him. Other than that, he's arguably the perfect 3rd line winger, and I think a lot of the criticism he receives from Leaf fans on these boards (not accusing you) is unfair as the rest of the 30 teams would LOVE to have a guy like him in their line-up.
Same here, I think he is the ideal 3rd liner. As you said he has limited offensive skills.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
4th on the team in goals behind the 3 $11 million players - without any PP time. This narrative needs to die.
And how many was empty netters? Only thing that’s needs to die is having offensive weak players killing plays on the top lines. And any other player playing with his line mates would probably double his goals.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
And how many was empty netters? Only thing that’s needs to die is having offensive weak players killing plays on the top lines.
And have his line get caved in because no one goes into the corners, where a fair amount of the game is played?

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Really impressed with Mikheye's play, he looked pretty dangerous killing penalties with creating all kinds of chances and he looked pretty fast to me. A good / solid addition to the Leafs roster. I believe we are not going to see Korshkov on the opening night

Reactions: ToMaLe and kb

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
And have his line get caved in because no one goes into the corners, where a fair amount of the game is played?
That is so blowed out of proportion by Babcock! You really think nobody else goes into corners other then Hyman? Mikheyev does, Johnsson does Moore does, Goat does, Timashov does, They all do man.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
A very good performance from the Big M. :naughty:
That he can PK, just adds to the package.
I see the speed we saw on the KHL highlights packages does translate to the NHL ice.

Korshkov was okay, looks like he has to get some more confidence in his game but looks to have the tools.
I don't think he makes it, but I would not be surprised if he's ready by end of season. Looked better than some higher (HF's) ranked Marlies in the preseason.

Last night Sandin showed he's ready, tonight Mikheyev did the same.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
And how many was empty netters? Only thing that’s needs to die is having offensive weak players killing plays on the top lines. And any other player playing with his line mates would probably double his goals.

Like 3 were IIRC.

Marleau was the king of empty netters.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
didn't see Hyman tonite...didn't see any 'caving in'...all I saw was more Leaf domination in the O-zone...I didn't miss Hyman at all!

Reactions: ToMaLe

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3