mikeyehev and korshkov

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
anyone else been super impressed with these two in training camp?
Looks like they both made the team and I love what they each bring to the table.
The leafs just keep finding cheap, effective, young players.

They will only get better if they are given the opportunity to do so.

I can see Mikheyev getting 15 goals or more.

Reactions: Confucius

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Mikeyehev has been very good.

I will see what Korshkov can do tomorrow before I make a full opinion. I was impressed last time, I want to see if he can repeat.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Both players making the team - now or later - would further outline the importance of finding contributors in both the draft (particularly outside of the first round) and through undrafted free agents. I think Mikheyev makes the opening night roster. I'm less certain about Korshkov, but time is on his side a bit more with the two year contract.

Reactions: Keon1963

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Mikheyev is definitely Top 9 and can slot in the Top 6 if needed.

Korshkov I am not sure he if he's better off starting off getting 8-10 mins a night on the 4th line with the Leafs. I would start him Top 6 winger on the Marlies give him top PP time and work on net front/tipping/screening. Injury callup insurance.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Mikheyev has played well this pre season and he is definitely going to be in the lineup, I believe Timashov is going to grab the last spot but won't see a lot of ice time. Korshkov is going to take more time, but he is going to be better then Timashov on the offensive side

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Mikheyev has shown a lot of chemistry with Kerfoot. Those two will be gold together. Korshkov needs time to get used to NA ice, but he could be on the team next year as a regular if he adapts quickly.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I like the idea of giving Korshkov a taste. Push the bulk of non-exempt depth through at the end of camp, have Yegor practicing with the team daily, rotate him into games, send him down to take what he's learned and dominate with the Marlies when Hyman is ready.

Reactions: teddygmr

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Personally I think Korshkov could use at least half of a season in the AHL, but he had a great game the other day. Mikyehev is an NHL player today, and I think he's going to be better than most people think.

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Babcock definitely has a strong personal liking for Mikheyev. I mean he was taking selfies with the guy over the summer...

I think he should prove to be a good depth winger, especially alongside skilled guys.

Korshkov is still a mystery box

Reactions: Keon1963

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Mikheyev looks like a NHL player, and I think will make the cut.
I would be surprised if Korshkov makes it, I think he will get AHL seasoning.

Reactions: Ciao

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Babcock definitely has a strong personal liking for Mikheyev. I mean he was taking selfies with the guy over the summer...

I think he should prove to be a good depth winger, especially alongside skilled guys.

Korshkov is still a mystery box

Babs was complimenting Korshkov early in training camp as well.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
It likely comes down to Tima and Korsh. Timashov has been more consistent

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I like what I've seen from Mikheyev so far - 15 to 20 is a definite possibility - but Papi using his name in the sentence as Datsyuk?

Come on now.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Opening days:

Matthews Nylander 2017
Tavares Marner 2018
Kapanen Johnson 2019
Mikheyev Korshkov 2020

Leafs keep rolling out dynamic duos year after year, not comparable duos but duos to keep us interested.

And if you count Hyman and Kerfoot that makes 10 top 9 guys going into the 2020-21 season...

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Opening days:

Matthews Nylander 2017
Tavares Marner 2018
Kapanen Johnson 2019
Mikheyev Korshkov 2020

Leafs keep rolling out dynamic duos year after year, not comparable duos but duos to keep us interested.

And if you count Hyman and Kerfoot that makes 10 top 9 guys going into the 2020-21 season...
This years duo is definitely the duo that surprised me the most.
The leàfs never used to find guys like this. Now they are doing it every year.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

I like that fourth line. It’s big

IF you like that 4th line now...wait till Hyman comes back.

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Mathews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Gauthier - Korshkov

4th line looks more Playoff calibre

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I hope so. I love the grit and strength too

Has Mikheyev actually shown some grit? Im genuinely asking. I havent watched many of his games yet.

From a very small glimpse, he clearly looked like he has size but seemed pretty soft in using it. Had great hands though.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
IF you like that 4th line now...wait till Hyman comes back.

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Gauthier - Korshkov

4th line looks more Playoff calibre

If Kapanen plays well in the top 6, hopefully he solidifies a top 6 spot long term and Hyman finally plays where he belongs.

Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Moore
Hyman - Spezza - Korshkov

Reactions: hector morrison

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If Kapanen plays well in the top 6, hopefully he solidifies a top 6 spot long term and Hyman finally plays where he belongs.

Kapanen - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Moore
Hyman - Spezza - Korshkov

Babcock is never playing hyman on the 4th.

Besides, I'm starting to like Hyman up in the top 6. We're already soft as it is. We need to spread out our physicality as much as we can

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad