mikeyehev and korshkov

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Didn't ya hear? Herman is joining the Leafs. He's gonna have a real tough time shooting the puck with one arm though!

Helluva reference - deep cut. Herman will replace Tavares on PP1 and score a bunch of goals between the dots. For a nickname we can either go with Slot Machine or One Armed Bandit.

Reactions: IPS

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
Phnom Penh sounds like it could be great. Cheap too.
It is, I started working here 3 years ago to help develop the rural farm area of Cambodia. Teaching them how to farm more efficiently and introducing them cheap but effective equipments that will help speed up crop growing. As long as your not in the tourist area then everything is pretty cheap. It's a country that's still working on recovering from the genocide but it's slowly getting there.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You can't say that though, "if he got pp time" . It's his lack of off skills that leads to no pp time. Also 20 is still not enough to see what he can do away fromm the top guys. I also like to see these primary points and what he does to get them. Also now that 95th and 83rd is cool and all but again that's all with top line guys. Would like to see some the other guys behind him and see who they play with and how many mins they get per game.
He is literally pretty much in line with Landeskog at 5v5 production over the past 2 seasons. He's ahead of Tyler Johnson who generally gets high-end linemates (and has more minutes and games played), his per 60 at 5v5 is inline with Palat who generally gets elite linemates. I got the Hyman bashing in 2016/17 when he wasn't converting. But, at this point, people are just beating an old pre-conceived notion. He's shown to be worthy of the 5v5 minutes he gets.

Reactions: saltming

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
It absolutely is not, considering where Debrincat was in pre draft rankings. He was absolutely somebody in contention for the Leafs pick. And let's not forget, Korshkov was a completely off the board selection - not ranked anywhere near 31 heading into the draft.

There were complete amateurs on here the day of the draft arguing for Debrincat. That's not a good look for a supposed "draft guru" when their job could have been done better by some random chumps who probably never seen most of those guys play before
They could have seen a few teams scouting him while they scouted him hard to really know when A team's going to take something you covet.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
They could have seen a few teams scouting him while they scouted him hard to really know when A team's going to take something you covet.

Apologies if this comes across as overly rude/argumentative (not the intention) but the fact that other teams were interested in a mediocre prospect isnt much of a defense of the decision to draft him.

We should expect the Leafs to be better than that

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Apologies if this comes across as overly rude/argumentative (not the intention) but the fact that other teams were interested in a mediocre prospect isnt much of a defense of the decision to draft him.

It does seem a bit odd and out of place pick.

Reactions: Menzinger

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Hunter said there were teams looking to grab him early, so that's why the did it.

That's insane to me. Is the gap between Korshkov and Grundstrom (or whoever your next best option remaining at #57 is) so big that you have to make that reach?

Hart/Debrincat/Girard + chance at Korshkov with Grundstrom as a consolation prize if he's gone vs guaranteed Korshkov + Grundstrom seems like a really easy decision to make.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hunter said there were teams looking to grab him early, so that's why the did it.

That's insane to me. Is the gap between Korshkov and Grundstrom (or whoever your next best option remaining at #57 is) so big that you have to make that reach?

Hart/Debrincat/Girard + chance at Korshkov with Grundstrom as a consolation prize if he's gone vs guaranteed Korshkov + Grundstrom seems like a really easy decision to make.
That's probably one of the reasons Dubas is our GM and nobody wants to hire Hunter. It's clear he has a better mind for the game

Reactions: stickty111

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Leafs are going to announce final roster soon, I think there is only one spot in question and that is the 4th line winger playing with Spezza / Goat, it's a competition between Timashov and Korshkov and I believe Timashov is going to grab that spot. I am not questioning who is more deserving, it's because of the cap hit $700k vs $925k

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

You'd think Debrincat would have been on the Leafs radar with them sniffing around so many small skilled guys back in 2015 and 2016, and Hart would have been perfect for this club, but I never minded Korshkov for some reason.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Mikheyev could use another Russian in the lineup, I don't believe his English is strong yet and we've heard a few stories of players coming over from Eastern Europe and finding it difficult without a country mate.

Now that would mean Korshkov over Timashov as the latter is Ukranian - and yes, that is an important difference given the ongoing situation between the two countries (Though I obviously have no idea how either of those guys feel about that). Of course there's no way any roster decision would be based on ensuring Mikheyev had a countryman in the locker room, just be great if it worked out that way.

Timashov moved to Sweden, when he was 7. Considering his last name, he's Russian Ukrainian, and I doubt he cares that much about the shit between two countries. He speaks fluent English and Russian and can help Mikheyev with getting used to new culture. I don't think, Korshkov is that good in English, because he just came from Russia himself.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
You'd think Debrincat would have been on the Leafs radar with them sniffing around so many small skilled guys back in 2015 and 2016, and Hart would have been perfect for this club, but I never minded Korshkov for some reason.

With Debrincat's skill he would have been a sure first rounder if he had more size, same as Girard and probably on everyone's radar. Too small to be effective or possibly the Strome effect is what the the thinking was for the 30 or so picks ahead of AD that could have been him, and to cherry pick that choice as the one the Leafs would have made without Hunter is silly, just like Oiler fans saying they would have had Barzal but for the Reinhart deal.

No I don't like the pick either but I will be comparing him to guys like Kyrou or Katchouk or Mascherin. Hey wait they took Valiev instead of Point as well! Another Russian sabotages the Leafs draft :)

Reactions: Menzinger

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think Timashov is going to be fine in his limited role but I am really excited for Mikeyehev, he is a big body with speed and look poised, composed and confident

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad