Mike Smith Is So Bad

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Watching Price going all-star and letting Montreal stay within one goal after that second period, you could feel a goal like that coming at the other end.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
The team hates him. He’s angry but he’s also mega shit. When James Neal put him in his place during a timeout that was classic lol

Reactions: Migos

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'll review later, too busy watching Leafs/Sharks and I don't start my reviews on weeknights until the last games of the night have ended, but I don't understand why he was back in tonight.

He allowed just 2 goals against the Sharks, but one was very stoppable. Rittich got the shutout in LA and Peters goes back to Smith? I understand going to Smith in San Jose, as it was the second game of a back to back. Not tonight though.

Peters doesn't know what a good goalie is though, after years of Ward's disintegrating cremated remains in Carolina and Scott Darling last year having possibly the worst season a goalie has had in a very long time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Damn. Smith imploded and lost CGY this game vs MTL. Brutal goal.

On most nights in my goals against review on the out of town scoreboard thread on the Devils forum, I do a softy of the night. Some nights if there aren't any REALLY BAD GOALS, I won't post the softy of the night, but I probably will do this one tonight, if not something from AHL superstar Richard Bachman. This may be the softy of the night.

Last night it was Chiarot's game winner against Copley and the night before it was Kuhnhackl's goal against Markstrom from a dead angle and while tripping that Markstrom was the only one who saw the puck going into the net and just did nothing.

I have a feeling the goalie union will petition HF Boards to have my reviews shutdown for shaming goalies soon.:laugh:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
On most nights in my goals against review on the out of town scoreboard thread on the Devils forum, I do a softy of the night. Some nights if there aren't any REALLY BAD GOALS, I won't post the softy of the night, but I probably will do this one tonight, if not something from AHL superstar Richard Bachman. This may be the softy of the night.

Last night it was Chiarot's game winner against Copley and the night before it was Kuhnhackl's goal against Markstrom from a dead angle and while tripping that Markstrom was the only one who saw the puck going into the net and just did nothing.

I'm sure he's trying his reclaimation project with him, but I'll seriously start questioning his judgement if this continues.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I know I'm not really adding anything new but Mike Smith is not an NHL calibre goaltender anymore. I seriously would rather have Gillies or Parsons called up and starting over him if not Rittich (who has a f***ing 1.91 GAA). He's done, he's no better than any other waiver wire goaltender.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I'd dump his ass for a rock at this point... at least the rock doesn't disappoint

Your post is biased because you live under a rock.

patrick-star-house-1.jpg

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Without Smith the Flames would be leading the pacific by 4 or 5 points, I'm not remotely joking, the team is playing great but Smith is a total tool and isn't even close to an NHL goalie now.

Sep 13, 2009
This guy is going to cost us a playoff spot (he's already lost us a handful of points in the standings).

Honestly, if this dude plays one more game for the Flames I'm going to shoot myself! :banghead:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anddddd that's my softy of the night. Bachman had a perfect assist to Koivu into the empty net for a goal tonight and Dubnyk let in a really poor one to Horvat, but that Lehkonen goal was abysmal. And to add to that, the first goal (Tatar I think?) is also not only a stoppable goal, but a BAD one.

Funny thing is that I see a lot of people who are very liberal with screens and absolving the goalie of blame because ''There's a screen there with the Flames player''. Not that I've ran into anyone who excused this one for a screen, just stating what I've dealt with on here when ripping apart a goal like that.

Smith shouldn't play anymore, not for a while. Time to hand it over to Rittich, who had to sit for at least a week on a shutout because Mike Smith and dat vetrin presence. Smith looks absolutely shot. Eye test is confirming he's shot and those two poor goals tonight are his LEAGUE LEADING 16th and 17th stoppable goals of the season by my count. Nobody else even has 15, Jake Allen is close with 14. So we have the eye test and we have a save percentage in the toilet to confirm this

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't get over how bad Smith looks. Even if you didn't know he had a brutal save percentage, just by watching, that's all you need to do. Some of his goals against this year aren't just stoppable, they've been downright disgustingly brutal. He's making my softy of the night A LOT this year.

If Bill Peters wants to do something different this Spring, he NEEDS to rectify the situation and try starting Rittich more. Or I'm gonna start to think that maybe he likes to be golfing annually by the second week of April. It all he knows since starting his head coaching career in the NHL. Because the only thing he might know better is BAD goaltenders. Maybe he thinks this is what NHL goaltending should be?

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
I can't believe a mod deleted the tweet video, depicting Mike Smith taking a dump out in the middle of the Savannah. So strict, so immature.

I wish I could find it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad