Mike Reilly won't sign with CBJ

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I watched a TON of Matt Carle in college and some of Reilly. Carle was a better player in college, pretty clearly. I think Reilly's a bit over-hyped, frankly.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I watched a TON of Matt Carle in college and some of Reilly. Carle was a better player in college, pretty clearly. I think Reilly's a bit over-hyped, frankly.

Reilly definitely needs work on play in the defensive zone. He's nowhere near NHL ready right now.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Player-recruiters

Between summer development camps in Columbus and summer skates in Minnesota, defenseman Ryan Murray has developed a “pretty good†friendship with prospect defenseman Mike Reilly.

So it’s not awkward, Murray said, that he has turned into part-time recruiter in the hope that Reilly will become a teammate. Reilly, a junior and a fourth-round draft pick by the Blue Jackets in 2011, is expected to leave Minnesota as soon as the Golden Gophers’ season ends, which could be as soon as 10 days if they don’t qualify for the 16-team NCAA tournament.

But it’s unclear whether Reilly will sign with the Blue Jackets or wait and become an unrestricted free agent later in the summer.

“I’ve told him what a great place this is for a young player,†Murray said. “I’ve told him how close this room is, how the guys all get along, how much talent we’ve got on this roster, what a great city it is to live in … I’ve just told him the truth.

“I hope he comes here. He has to do what’s right for him, what he wants to do, but I’ve made sure he knows what it’s like here.â€

Reilly said he also has kept in touch with forwards Ryan Johansen and Boone Jenner.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/03/12/blue-jackets-notebook-0312.html

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
I was pleased with this article. Not all that bad with Reilly, we have a chance to see him in our lineup.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Well that makes me feel a little better.

Definitely. Especially since he's talking and "close" wroth our top cornerstone pieces makes me feel a lot better.

I'm still just concerned he hasn't said that he wants to be here is a little worrying. I really hope we get him. Just between those 4 players (Murray, Reilly, Jenner and Johansen)is a really good core to build around.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I'm still just concerned he hasn't said that he wants to be here is a little worrying. I really hope we get him. Just between those 4 players (Murray, Reilly, Jenner and Johansen)is a really good core to build around.

Lou Holtz used to do this when he'd have a lot of recruits in one room. Get everyone together, read through some of the various credentials of the guys who were in there, and say something like, "Guys, look around at the talent in this very room, and think of how great this team will be if everyone here comes to Notre Dame."

It never fully worked, but he got a lot of talent that his successors were never able to tap.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Reilly said he also has kept in touch with forwards Ryan Johansen and Boone Jenner.

Reilly: So how is getting along with Jarmo & JD?

Joey: Oh, they're great. You get everything you deserve as soon as you earn it.

Reilly: What was your last deal worth?

Joey: $4 mill aav. But wait till the next one.

:yo:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Definitely. Especially since he's talking and "close" wroth our top cornerstone pieces makes me feel a lot better.

I get that sentiment. He's stated that he "hasn't even thought about" the contract situation. It's entirely possible that he meant he's focused on the task at hand (helping his team get into the tournament).

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Reilly: So how is getting along with Jarmo & JD?

Joey: Oh, they're great. You get everything you deserve as soon as you earn it.

Reilly: What was your last deal worth?

Joey: $4 mill aav. But wait till the next one.

:yo:

Could be worse. How do you think John Tavares feels, now that Johnny Boychuk makes more money than he does?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
his game is on Fox College Sports now. Has a secondary assist (kept the puck in the zone and made a little pass that led to the pass…)

Tom13Falcons

Aug 16, 2013
I think he will play for the rest of springfields season and then play with the jackets full time next year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Does Reilly have a bit of grit to his game? Sure he has 42 points in 36 games, but he also has 44 pims. It's not like that's a huge pim total but it's a lot more than I thought he would have.

Geeze if he also puts up some pims, that makes him even more valuable in my keeper pool!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think he will play for the rest of springfields season and then play with the jackets full time next year.

I don't think Reilly will be ready to play full time in the NHL next year. He's gifted offensively, but his defensive game needs a lot more seasoning. IMO, it would be best for him to play at least one full AHL season before making the jump up.

Does Reilly have a bit of grit to his game?

While he's not really a physically-imposing player, he does play with some fire. But I would say he's more of a finesse player, overall.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
How does Reilly compare to Justin Schultz? Schultz was not ready for the NHL even after tearing the AHL to shreds.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
How does Reilly compare to Justin Schultz? Schultz was not ready for the NHL even after tearing the AHL to shreds.

I don't think Reilly is even on Schultz's level, personally. I see him, at best, as a John Moore type of player. Think the whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion - he's a good prospect, but not the be-all end-all that people seem to be hoping for.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
I don't think Reilly is even on Schultz's level, personally. I see him, at best, as a John Moore type of player. Think the whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion - he's a good prospect, but not the be-all end-all that people seem to be hoping for.

I think he has Torey Krug upside, slightly worse than John Moore downside. Overall, I agree with you though.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

Same.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1