News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
What do you think the PA would say if Hoffman was found to be complicit in this?
He might be exiled for the year or something, but he would be back playing shortly I'm sure.

This is kind of uncharted territory though so who knows. They're about to let Voynov back in and what he did could be classified as significantly worse.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
People need to keep in mind that Mike Hoffman may not understand IP and Mac addresses, he also may not have seen the same evidence that the Karlsson's presented to both the team and the Justice Of The Peace. I am not a legal expert....far from it, but I can't imagine it makes much sense for the Karlsson's to show the offending parties fiance the extent of the evidence they have against her.

Assuming she did do the alleged crimes, it might be a dynamic where considering she is his partner of a decade or whatever, and he trusts her, he's taking her word for it because he doesn't know better, and if during the legal process indisputable evidence comes to light, maybe he changes his tune from 150 percent.

Look at it this way to those married who trust their wives, if they told you they 150 percent didn't do something, maybe even spun a tail about being set up, etc, etc, and you had no reason to believe otherwise, would you take their word for it and stand by them?

Obviously, I'm speculating, which I'll probably regret.

Reactions: johan f

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Did anything interesting come out today on this topic? I caught up last night but haven’t read anything today.

When I left it it was a flaming pile of dogshit so I know that much

phillyknuckles

Jun 17, 2006
Philadelphia
Man, I can't speak for his situation, but I know every single thought my wife has about the people in my life and well as hers. She shares her opinions, good or bad, with me. Whether I want to hear them or not. Mostly, not. And my prior longterm relationships went the same way. When you're with someone for so many years, that "pillow talk" becomes second nature. You just vent to your significant other about everything. Coworkers, friends, other peoples' relationships. I understand you're innocent until proven guilty, but if she's guilty of these things then I have a really hard time believing Mike didn't know anything about that. Oddly enough, living in Philadelphia, I've been submerged in the whole Sixers GM scandal as well, where the woman is doing something and the man "doesn't know anything about it." So maybe this effects my view, but I'm having a hard time not seeing the fire where there's smoke. They need to go back to the old logo, that will make a lot of us feel better!

People need to keep in mind that Mike Hoffman may not understand IP and Mac addresses, he also may not have seen the same evidence that the Karlsson's presented to both the team and the Justice Of The Peace. I am not a legal expert....far from it, but I can't imagine it makes much sense for the Karlsson's to show the offending parties fiance the extent of the evidence they have against her.

Assuming she did do the alleged crimes, it might be a dynamic where considering she is his partner of a decade or whatever, and he trusts her, he's taking her word for it because he doesn't know better, and if during the legal process indisputable evidence comes to light, maybe he changes his tune from 150 percent.

Look at it this way to those married who trust their wives, if they told you they 150 percent didn't do something, maybe even spun a tail about being set up, etc, etc, and you had no reason to believe otherwise, would you take their word for it and stand by them?

Obviously, I'm speculating, which I'll probably regret.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Did anything interesting come out today on this topic? I caught up last night but haven’t read anything today.

When I left it it was a flaming pile of dog**** so I know that much

Mostly speculation and poop throwing.

Hoffman released a statement today saying any further comments will be coming from Monika and her lawyers.

Good reads. Makes me realize I'm very uneducated though.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Man, I can't speak for his situation, but I know every single thought my wife has about the people in my life and well as hers. She shares her opinions, good or bad, with me. Whether I want to hear them or not. Mostly, not. And my prior longterm relationships went the same way. When you're with someone for so many years, that "pillow talk" becomes second nature. You just vent to your significant other about everything. Coworkers, friends, other peoples' relationships. I understand you're innocent until proven guilty, but if she's guilty of these things then I have a really hard time believing Mike didn't know anything about that. Oddly enough, living in Philadelphia, I've been submerged in the whole Sixers GM scandal as well, where the woman is doing something and the man "doesn't know anything about it." So maybe this effects my view, but I'm having a hard time not seeing the fire where there's smoke. They need to go back to the old logo, that will make a lot of us feel better!
Idk, I believe Colangelo probably didn't know about his wife doing that. She knew the info because of what you said, but I genuinely think he didn't know until the story broke and she probably admitted to him she had been posting.

But this, this is such a personal, visceral hatred a partner would've known about for sure.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I apologize if this has already been answered ITT, but is there credible evidence that Hoffman himself knew of what his fiance was doing?

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Counter-narrative: Melinda hates Monika because she's been with Hoffman for 10 years while Melinda was EK's bartender one night and they hooked-up. Melinda always felt like Monika judge her for this and this feeling of inadequacy made her spread rumours about Monika to the other wives and GFs causing them to all hate her and isolating her from the team. Monika found out and started responding with troll accounts on twitter.

Can we just not do this, please?

I was going to express that as well, in another way but with the same point. Totally agree, thank you!

The rumour mills and busy bodies in this thread is at an all time high. I live the country and I quickly found out that gossip and fabricated stories are par for the course, which I despise.

Right now, some of you are making some of those country folks seem pretty decent.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Idk, I believe Colangelo probably didn't know about his wife doing that. She knew the info because of what you said, but I genuinely think he didn't know until the story broke and she probably admitted to him she had been posting.
when Colangelo was contacted, a number of twitter accounts went private. His wife would have had to hear about this contact information in a certain way (like Colangelo mentioning to his wife that he got a call about some twitter accounts, and the wife would react) if Colangelo didn't know about them.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Was it reported that they have IP’s and Mac addresses from the tweets? If this is true and she wasn’t using a VPN it should be really simple to find the source. Most of these trolls aren’t smart enough to cover their tracks and I hope they get definitive proof of the source and this goes to trial quickly.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
when Colangelo was contacted, a number of twitter accounts went private. His wife would have had to hear about this contact information in a certain way (like Colangelo mentioning to his wife that he got a call about some twitter accounts, and the wife would react) if Colangelo didn't know about them.
That doesn't mean he knew she posted on accounts defending him and bashing players, it just means he told her that he was questioned about the accounts. Like I said, she could've admitted to him it after the story broke.
It's not like he's going to hold a press conference and put it all in the open. The organization wants to handle things internally and react accordingly after knowing the details.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Was it reported that they have IP’s and Mac addresses from the tweets? If this is true and she wasn’t using a VPN it should be really simple to find the source. Most of these trolls aren’t smart enough to cover their tracks and I hope they get definitive proof of the source and this goes to trial quickly.

My understanding is the perpetrator left a trail adequate enough that it was tracked to the source.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
To tag onto this, Melinda also comes from money. So a narrow perspective might views her as rich, marries rich and gets what ever she wants. Not saying it is true, but often times you see hatred stem from jealousy. I mean, how many of us hated Justin Bieber for no reason until he started doing dumb illegal stuff then we stopped caring about him?

From what I've seen, there's 2 groups of player wives/girlfriends...high school/college sweethearts who have been together before they were big names, and the Barbie dolls looking for sugar daddys and status. Crazy lady seems to be part of the second group. Money and status is a drug...playing second fiddle (or dropping down to 3rd/4th fiddle with Duchenes arrival) could've been a triggering point for her. We know how much the Karlssons are loved in this city....for someone who is desperate for that adulation, seeing someone else have it all must've been a killer.

I thought that a poster had mentioned that Hoffman's gf was friends with EK's first wife? Could that be where the tension first originated?

No, someone was speculating yesterday (or whenever this whole thing broke) that maybe it was the reason. Later posts showed the Hoffmans didn't arrive in Ottawa early enough to be in contact with wife #1 (who, iirc, went back to Sweden after the separation).

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

CalEh

Oct 28, 2017
Manhattan Beach, California
From what I've seen, there's 2 groups of player wives/girlfriends...high school/college sweethearts who have been together before they were big names, and the Barbie dolls looking for sugar daddys and status. Crazy lady seems to be part of the second group. Money and status is a drug...playing second fiddle (or dropping down to 3rd/4th fiddle with Duchenes arrival) could've been a triggering point for her. We know how much the Karlssons are loved in this city....for someone who is desperate for that adulation, seeing someone else have it all must've been a killer.

No, someone was speculating yesterday (or whenever this whole thing broke) that maybe it was the reason. Later posts showed the Hoffmans didn't arrive in Ottawa early enough to be in contact with wife #1 (who, iirc, went back to Sweden after the separation).

Hasn't Hoffman been with that lady for over 10 years?

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Hasn't Hoffman been with that lady for over 10 years?

I believe so, but crazy theories are the norm these days. “Hoff’s girl was triggered by becoming a lesser girlfriend now that Duchene was traded for” (even though Turris left in that deal). This type of speculation is both hilarious and ridiculous.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So it’s not likely it’s a fan of another team posing as Hoffs wife or someone else?
Over 1000 messages, sounds like a crazy hockey fan.

(I haven’t been keeping up on the details of this story)

Last edited:

Snuuzi

Nov 3, 2017
You guys know if Hoffman has any aspirations of being captain of the senators? This screams psychopath with a plan if it's really true.
Women are generally very aware of whats socially acceptable. And Karlsson is a big figure and leader in Ottawa. I don't think any women no matter how crazy would do this to someone so important without her boyfriend (with almost the same status as Karlsson) okaying it first. Which begs the question, does Hoffman disslike Karlsson so much or was there a motive to make him leave Ottawa?

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Not even a rumour: Brännström and a secondrounder for Karlsson AND Hoffman! Together as a package!

Las Vegas buys the cup.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I was going to express that as well, in another way but with the same point. Totally agree, thank you!

The rumour mills and busy bodies in this thread is at an all time high. I live the country and I quickly found out that gossip and fabricated stories are par for the course, which I despise.

Right now, some of you are making some of those country folks seem pretty decent.

Proof that personal drama/gossip are more attractive than the on-ice stuff: This board has been more active these last few weeks than they were during the playoffs last year. The Sens are currently the equivalent of a supermarket tabloid, and obviously sports fans are not immune to that stuff.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
You guys know if Hoffman has any aspirations of being captain of the senators? This screams psychopath with a plan if it's really true.
Women are generally very aware of whats socially acceptable. And Karlsson is a big figure and leader in Ottawa. I don't think any women no matter how crazy would do this to someone so important without her boyfriend (with almost the same status as Karlsson) okaying it first. Which begs the question, does Hoffman disslike Karlsson so much or was there a motive to make him leave Ottawa?

Wouldn't matter if he did. Stone would be made Captain over Hoffman. So would Duchene, and I'd probably say Pageau would be Captain material over Hoffman.

And if the same accusations came up about Hoff girl from each of them after theoretically EK leaves town, it would paint quite an ugly picture. Hoffman would have to be delusional to think he'd be made Captain ahead of Stone.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You guys know if Hoffman has any aspirations of being captain of the senators?

Mike Hoffman couldn't captain a 1-man inflatable raft.

I can't possibly imagine that he would be so deluded as to think he could ever captain an NHL hockey team. That would be illusions of grandeur at the highest levels.

Mike has elite hockey skill, but I'm pretty sure even he knows that leadership at that level is not his forte in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad