News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
What I mean is.....Hoffman has been there a while and always has this girl but there weren't any prior issues? Unless i just dont know that from being from Pittsburgh. Why all of a sudden does she start harrasing ( if its true) EK and his wife?? There must be more to this story. Are there any other prior issues with other women being harassed by her?

Jealousy would be my best guess. Melinda is hot as **** and has done lots of good for the city of Ottawa (with EK’s help obviously), and this girl just seems like a superficial bitch lol. But yeah there must be some story or multiple stories explaining this, I doubt we’ll get the juicy details though.

Reactions: Shaffer

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Jealousy would be my best guess. Melinda is hot as **** and has done lots of good for the city of Ottawa (with EK’s help obviously), and this girl just seems like a superficial ***** lol. But yeah there must be some story or multiple stories explaining this, I doubt we’ll get the juicy details though.

My GF's opinion, who knows absolutely nothing about hockey or any of the people involved but has heard about this story yesterday: When Erik got divorced, Looney Monica probably made a pass at him and he blew her off, sending her off the deep end of hateful jealous rage.

Reactions: Sensinitis

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Jealousy would be my best guess. Melinda is hot as **** and has done lots of good for the city of Ottawa (with EK’s help obviously), and this girl just seems like a superficial ***** lol. But yeah there must be some story or multiple stories explaining this, I doubt we’ll get the juicy details though.
To tag onto this, Melinda also comes from money. So a narrow perspective might views her as rich, marries rich and gets what ever she wants. Not saying it is true, but often times you see hatred stem from jealousy. I mean, how many of us hated Justin Bieber for no reason until he started doing dumb illegal stuff then we stopped caring about him?

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
My GF's opinion, who knows absolutely nothing about hockey or any of the people involved but has heard about this story yesterday: When Erik got divorced, Looney Monica probably made a pass at him and he blew her off, sending her off the deep end of hateful jealous rage.

To tag onto this, Melinda also comes from money. So a narrow perspective might views her as rich, marries rich and gets what ever she wants. Not saying it is true, but often times you see hatred stem from jealousy. I mean, how many of us hated Justin Bieber for no reason until he started doing dumb illegal stuff then we stopped caring about him?

Counter-narrative: Melinda hates Monika because she's been with Hoffman for 10 years while Melinda was EK's bartender one night and they hooked-up. Melinda always felt like Monika judge her for this and this feeling of inadequacy made her spread rumours about Monika to the other wives and GFs causing them to all hate her and isolating her from the team. Monika found out and started responding with troll accounts on twitter.

Can we just not do this, please?

Reactions: Ray Kinsella
Oct 10, 2010
If you don't plan on keeping king Karl around We shouldn't just give Hoffman away.
Ban is GF and let him regain his value...

Now if you plan of keeping Karlsson, by all means take the best offer for Hoff even if it's not good .

Reactions: Sun God Nika

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
IMO, trying to determine a reason why someone would say these things is a fruitless labour.

Whoever did this — allegations against Ms. Caryk are still only allegations at this point, but it looks pretty bad for her — most likely has lived through a traumatic past or has their share of mental health problems.

If Ms. Caryk is found guilty of these actions, I hope that the team removes any toxic influence on the team swiftly and that she gets the help that she needs. This is sad for all parties involved.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
As a Habs fan, I'd like to thank the Ottawa Senators for taking the focus off of our dismal season with the outright tire-fire ****show going on over there.

Last edited by a moderator:

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Just because I heard rumblings and no specifics or anymore... but do any of you Sens fans know about some trouble a couple of scouts are getting into at the moment?

Idk if there is any substance to it but if or if not it seems like a crazy time in Sens land.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Just because I heard rumblings and no specifics or anymore... but do any of you Sens fans know about some trouble a couple of scouts are getting into at the moment?

Idk if there is any substance to it but if or if not it seems like a crazy time in Sens land.

Are you talking about Randy Lee, or is this some new development?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

what?

Unparalleled2021

Apr 30, 2015

Elaborate ?

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax

No more. Please, no more.
0ed6dbf6178737a1b472bcc75dd1bb18.jpg

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Spill the beans

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
As a Habs fan, I'd like to thank the Ottawa Senators for taking the focus off of our dismal season with the outright tire-fire ****show going on over there.
Hopefully when this supposed ownership change occurs, all will be on the path to being fixed. Montreal, well you can't fix that...

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
What I mean is.....Hoffman has been there a while and always has this girl but there weren't any prior issues? Unless i just dont know that from being from Pittsburgh. Why all of a sudden does she start harrasing ( if its true) EK and his wife?? There must be more to this story. Are there any other prior issues with other women being harassed by her?

Mentally deranged idiots have never needed motivation.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
This was done on social media, which is in the public domain, and not "in house", so the Karlssons had no other recourse but contact the police and go to court, to get it to stop.

Don't see how it could have been dealt with in house, do you?

Not only that, but a years worth of harrassment is criminal.

Dealing with that "in house" is as useless and teets on a bull

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Monika Caryk looks like one of my exes and she was a delusional narcissist with borderline sociopath tendencies. I think this is evidence enough for me to make the call on what Miss Caryk's problem is.

In all fairness though, the story may have many other layers, but at this point it looks real bad for Hoffman. What as mess, if this is true it's perplexing that Hoffmen did not put an end to it. My sociopath theory may not be far off even though it was a joke. A sociopath can really mess with their partners brain since they have absolutely no empathy and have extraordinary ability for manipulation

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
There was nothing for me to elaborate on. It’s why I came here to ask haha. I had just heard something and figured maybe some fan in these neck of the woods had their ear to the ground.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
What do you think the PA would say if Hoffman was found to be complicit in this?

what do you think it would mean to Hoffman's career? He'd likely not ever be welcome in an NHL dressing room ever again. And that would result in the Sens having to buy him out or finding some kind of contractual reason to void his contract and if that happens it'd be really interesting to see how the nhlpa would react.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Counter-narrative: Melinda hates Monika because she's been with Hoffman for 10 years while Melinda was EK's bartender one night and they hooked-up. Melinda always felt like Monika judge her for this and this feeling of inadequacy made her spread rumours about Monika to the other wives and GFs causing them to all hate her and isolating her from the team. Monika found out and started responding with troll accounts on twitter.

Can we just not do this, please?

Get outta here Hoffy.
Just kidding, haha. Agreed that this is all speculation obviously!

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
There is too much speculation right now, but I must say that it likely does not get this far if there is not some slim piece of truth to the whole situation.

On the hockey front, since I would not be able to offer any substantive resolution to the legal matters, is this a bit of a positive toward trying to keep Karlsson. Melinda has wanted to keep this private; if the writing was on the wall that Erik was going to be gone, would they have put themselves through all of this. Possibly, if they truly feared for their safety which again offers some level of credence to the allegations. But Erik knew from the negotiations (or lack thereof) he was not going to be offered an acceptable deal and likely be traded, would they just have bided their time until the inevitable trade this summer. Interaction with other players/partners would likely be at an all time low right now.

Hate this story so much, as whoever it is that made the comments is a disgusting human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad