News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You guys know if Hoffman has any aspirations of being captain of the senators? This screams psychopath with a plan if it's really true.
Women are generally very aware of whats socially acceptable. And Karlsson is a big figure and leader in Ottawa. I don't think any women no matter how crazy would do this to someone so important without her boyfriend (with almost the same status as Karlsson) okaying it first. Which begs the question, does Hoffman disslike Karlsson so much or was there a motive to make him leave Ottawa?

Dude....no woman worth her salt is going to run something like this by the boyfriend first. And the crazier she is, the less the guy would know about her activities.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
nbbv0AV_d.jpg

Ha.

Reactions: bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So... how do y'all think the team is going to one up this one in a week or two? My guess is we trade our 4th OA pick for a bag of magic beans but I don't think that's quite scandalous enough; perhaps they can include some sort of murder for hire plot, and collusion with foreign entities to take over the country. Perhaps regicide?

Liliaceae

hockey
Jun 21, 2007
Canada
It bugs me that people are saying we're the laughing stock of the NHL, none of this is funny.. and if there are those who are laughing they need to grow a heart. People(The K's) have been harrassed and bullied. It's disturbing and not close to being funny at all. Whomever is behind this sick shit needs serious help.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
So... how do y'all think the team is going to one up this one in a week or two? My guess is we trade our 4th OA pick for a bag of magic beans but I don't think that's quite scandalous enough; perhaps they can include some sort of murder for hire plot, and collusion with foreign entities to take over the country. Perhaps regicide?
There's only one crime big enough to be the cherry on top of this complete lack of sundae.

They're going to illegally download a car.

Reactions: Engineer

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
I get Hoffman's loyalty to her.. he has been with her for a long time

But what needs to happen is they need to break up until this is proven or disproven.. anything less will hurt his career. If she cares about him, she will tell him they need to do a trial separation

Or if he doesn't care about his career, he needs to just retire until it is all settled

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There's only one crime big enough to be the cherry on top of this complete lack of sundae.

They're going to illegally download a car.

Hope their smart enough to use a good VPN, wouldn't want to leave anything that can be traced back to them. Also, probably some sort of scam involving blockchain, because why not.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

They'll find the hidden dungeon under CTC, where Melynk sell orphans to mutant human-ant hybrids living in middle Earth, to work as slaves in their salt mines.

Reactions: chipsens

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They'll find the hidden dungeon under CTC, where Melynk sell orphans to mutant human-ant hybrids living in middle Earth, to work as slaves in their salt mines.
Why do mutant human-ant hybrids need salt? Not sure you really thought this through...

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I chatted with someone close to the team, and the extent of the issues were not evident to everyone.

Apparently Erik was very quiet about it, but did approach Management about trading Hoffman, without going into details of exactly why.

About 3 weeks ago, people around the team caught wind and I’m guessing the reporter was tipped off at that point.

I’m not sure we can entirely blame PD for not moving Hoffman earlier.

It’s generally frowned upon for teams to complete trades during the Playoffs, and without disclosing the issues with Hoffman’s fiancé, I’m sure PD would have taken some backlash had he traded him before the news broke.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Dorion knows he is getting turfed, so he trades the 4th overall for a first from Washington. That way we end up dead last, Colorado gets 1st overall and ottawa gets nothing.

In 2019/20 Dorion is hired by Washington to be head of snack testing for the venues in the arena.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Maybe he didn't know she was behind this but as soon as he found out he should've dumped her. You've got to wonder what kind of person would stick with someone who is capable of this kind of behaviour.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Dorion knows he is getting turfed, so he trades the 4th overall for a first from Washington. That way we end up dead last, Colorado gets 1st overall and ottawa gets nothing.

In 2019/20 Dorion is hired by Washington to be head of snack testing for the venues in the arena.

Now this is realistic, but I'm just not sure it's scandalous enough. This barely moves the needle compared to the crap that's going on right now. Needs more drama and vile villains. Could Dorion pull of his mask and we find out that he was Heatley all along?

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe he didn't know she was behind this but as soon as he found out he should've dumped her. You've got to wonder what kind of person would stick with someone who is capable of this kind of behaviour.

I think we need to accept that he may not have had or understood all the evidence when he opted to stand by her. Even now that he's probably more aware of the full extent (even more so than us I imagine) of what she's accused of and the evidence that suggests (or possibly confirms) it was her, I'd give him time to digest it before making any public announcements. This is a major life changing event for him, and I'm sure the whole situation is a bit surreal for him as well. We also don't know what's going on behind closed doors.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

Two words: Counterfeit jeans.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

He's been with her forever, sometimes there's enormous shock and a lull in reaction towards news like this on someone you consider your future partner forever.

Although, tbh, Hoffman doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed too.

Reactions: Larionov

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
You guys know if Hoffman has any aspirations of being captain of the senators? This screams psychopath with a plan if it's really true.
Women are generally very aware of whats socially acceptable. And Karlsson is a big figure and leader in Ottawa. I don't think any women no matter how crazy would do this to someone so important without her boyfriend (with almost the same status as Karlsson) okaying it first. Which begs the question, does Hoffman disslike Karlsson so much or was there a motive to make him leave Ottawa?

With respect to the people engaging in these kinds of hilarious over analyses, this isn't House of Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad