News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Yikes, wtf?

Mike Hoffman's longtime girlfriend allegedly behind campaign of harassment against Melinda and Erik Karlsson

In an Instagram post mourning his son’s death, Erik Karlsson posted a photo of Axel’s tiny footprints. In the post, Karlsson thanked the city and the team’s fans for their love and support and wrote: “We feel very lucky to be Axel’s parents. Even though he was stillborn, we know we will hold him again one day under different circumstances and the joy he gave us will be with us forever.”

The post garnered more than 10,000 comments, with the overwhelming majority of them expressions of support and sympathy for the couple. However, one comment, posted by user @sandydandy45, stood out: “I feel bad for the baby he didn’t have a chance with Melinda popping pain killer medication everyday.”

It took the league’s top defenceman just seven minutes to respond: “How dare you. You have been making fake accounts and buying hacked ones for months to harass me and my wife but this is an all new low even for you. You are a disgusting person.”

Edit/ June 13/
Some further information on the legal aspects:
Legal Fallout From Disturbing Allegations of Cyberbullying Against Erik Karlsson and His Wife

Edit Jun 15/
Hoffman and his fiancee deny all allegations:
EXCLUSIVE: Hoffman, fiancée deny harassing the Karlssons

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 Savage

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
giphy.gif

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Penny-pinching on the face of the franchise not once, but twice.

Selling draft picks for cash.

Frequently embarrassing comments from the owner.

Continued unprofessionalism (i.e., calling out Dave Cameron publicly.)

All of these, I could grin and bear. Poor decisions and frustrating as a fan, but nothing crossing a line.

But now?

An owner publicly supporting Bill O'Reilly, a confirmed sexual assaulter.

An assistant GM on trial for alleged misconduct and an organization that seems fine ignoring it.

A seemingly headlong dash to trade arguably the best player we've had for pennies on the dollar.

And now, a culture in the organization that's SO TOXIC that a core player's wife is threatening a woman who lost her child?

Nope. No way. Can't do this. I'm out for the foreseeable future. What kind of sick f***ing joke.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Penny-pinching on the face of the franchise not once, but twice.

Selling draft picks for cash.

Frequently embarrassing comments from the owner.

Continued unprofessionalism (i.e., calling out Dave Cameron publicly.)

All of these, I could grin and bear. Poor decisions and frustrating as a fan, but nothing crossing a line.

But now?

An owner publicly supporting Bill O'Reilly, a confirmed sexual assaulter.

An assistant GM on trial for alleged misconduct and an organization that seems fine ignoring it.

A seemingly headlong dash to trade arguably the best player we've had for pennies on the dollar.

And now, a culture in the organization that's SO TOXIC that a core player's wife is threatening a woman who lost her child?

Nope. No way. Can't do this. I'm out for the foreseeable future. What kind of sick ****ing joke.
And there were some posters, not naming names, who literally looked down on those who expressed concern with the team.

It's even worse than we thought it was. This place is a cesspool at every conceivable level.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Figured this would become public, as more and more people seemed to be aware of it. Once I heard this I knew one or both of them would be gone this summer. Hopefully it's just Hoffman out the door.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
The board insiders were right.

I am now questioning my lifestyle choice of not having 2PM dinners.

I genuinely felt so bad when I posted that on here. It's something personal and not hockey. I definitely feel less bad now that my source wasn't trolling me. But damn, Hoffman's girlfriend, that is so so low. I don't care how much you dislike someone, that is like wayyyy too far.

Side note, this affects Hoffmans trade value. Bad.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
And there were some posters, not naming names, who literally looked down on those who expressed concern with the team.

It's even worse than we thought it was. This place is a cesspool at every conceivable level.
No kidding. And this isn't even necessarily a direct tie to the organization. It's a batshit psychopath unleashing her fury. Could've happened to anyone. But because it happened the way it did, the level of toxicity has reached critical mass. No amount of buckets in the world will bail this dinghy out from the sheer monsoon of hits it's been taking.

Coors19

Jul 18, 2011
Embarrassing but pretty easy solution...Turf the girlfriend. Especially of Hoffman was unaware of her doing this.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And yet again, just when we all thought the team couldn't possibly become more of a joke, we one up ourselves again.

What a shameful display from Hoffman's GF, and Hoffman by sticking by her.

Just when you think it can't get worse, someone froth the collective of this org steps up and says "hold my beer"

Reactions: Sensung and Tuna99

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Props to the people who knew this first. Sounded too bad to be true, but I shouldn't put anything past the organization these days.

Things have definitely gone from bad to worse.

Reactions: Sensators and Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad