• Total voters

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Predictable PP
Lack of cohesion with the lines
Easy to defend
Stretch pass hasn't worked for some time now
Often puts the 4th line on towards the end of the game, when the other team has their first line on
Doesn't play our best players enough

$50 million dollar man has to make some adjustments
And so does Dubas

All of those issues other than the 4th line thing, which isn't really a thing is on the players.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Do the Leafs need a new voice? Do they need a Captain?

Who calls out who in the room?

Theres a leadership group in the room. A C on a sweater isn't going to that.

Everyone knows they are playing awful, problem is they don't know how to change it.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
A chair could have been team canada’s coach and still win those gold medals

Keep hearing that, and yet since the NHL started sending players, only one other Canadian coach has won........once.

Maybe it's not quite as easy as you think.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
What is a strech anyways?
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fcd7bb278-755e-11e8-a95e-4d8f3c5d626c.jpg

Reactions: DarkKnight

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
to all the corsi fanboys and advanced stats morons; and the people that bicker and moan about babcock not playing all the skilled players together because skill wins and what not blah blah f***ing blah

look at what McDavid, best player in the world, had to say

Connor McDavid sends clear message following latest Oilers roster shuffle - Sportsnet.ca

"We’re not going to out-skill anyone," Connor McDavid declared. "We’re not going to beat anyone 6-5. We’re a team that needs to find a way to win games 2-1, 3-2. We can get two or three every night, but we need to find a way to keep goals out of our net."

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
to all the corsi fanboys and advanced stats morons; and the people that bicker and moan about babcock not playing all the skilled players together because skill wins and what not blah blah ****ing blah

Connor McDavid sends clear message following latest Oilers roster shuffle - Sportsnet.ca

"We’re not going to out-skill anyone," Connor McDavid declared. "We’re not going to beat anyone 6-5. We’re a team that needs to find a way to win games 2-1, 3-2. We can get two or three every night, but we need to find a way to keep goals out of our net."
do you not understand his point is the Oilers don't have much skill?

Reactions: Jozay

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
to all the corsi fanboys and advanced stats morons; and the people that bicker and moan about babcock not playing all the skilled players together because skill wins and what not blah blah ****ing blah

Oilers have no skill outside of McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH. Of course they cant out skill anyone. His quote has nothing to do with analytics or people complaining about skill players not playing together.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
:facepalm:

Is that what you got from that article?

your self righteous attitude and advanced stats BS and EA sports thinking is beyond ridiculous
you're the one who wildly misinterpreted it and tried to make a flimsy connection to attack advanced stats and skilled hockey players

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Oilers have no skill outside of McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH. Of course they cant out skill anyone. His quote has nothing to do with analytics or people complaining about skill players not playing together.

When pressed whether some of his Oilers teammates may not believe they are the right group to get the job done, McDavid offered this stern response:

“Well, if there’s guys that believe that, they should get out of the room,” he said. “If you don’t believe in this group, and you’re in the locker room, you need to leave.”

Clearly he thinks more skill means getting wins; just play on skill and don't outwork your opponent.....

:rolleyes:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
you're the one who wildly misinterpreted it and tried to make a flimsy connection to attack advanced stats and skilled hockey players

riihgttt..... because keeping the puck out of the net means more "skills" and has nothing to do with playing without the puck and compete level or outworking your opponent.

you insuffurable posts about corsi has been ridiculed many times; when people pose why is it that caps being one of the worst corsi team won the cup last season or that canes being the best corsi team this season are out of playoffs you never reply.

it is hilarious how you keep posting about corsi and advanced stats but when people call you out you shut up

absolutely funny

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
riihgttt..... because keeping the puck out of the net means more "skills" and has nothing to do with playing without the puck and compete level or outworking your opponent.

you insuffurable posts about corsi has been ridiculed many times; when people pose why is it that caps being one of the worst corsi team won the cup last season or that canes being the best corsi team this season are out of playoffs you never reply.

it is hilarious how you keep posting about corsi and advanced stats but when people call you out you shut up

absolutely funny
you're getting a little bit too worked up over corsi considering nobody mentioned it. you're taking a quote from McDavid talking about how the Oilers lack skill and are taking it to mean no team needs skill, only hard work. it's quite clear you don't understand the situation, but you want to criticize advanced stats because it's pretty much all you know how to do

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
you're getting a little bit too worked up over corsi considering nobody mentioned it. you're taking a quote from McDavid talking about how the Oilers lack skill and are taking it to mean no team needs skill, only hard work. it's quite clear you don't understand the situation, but you want to criticize advanced stats because it's pretty much all you know how to do

in the GDTs and PGTs you consistently Yap about possession stats and talk about them like words written on stone. when people question you; your high horse attitude rubs a lot of them including me.

you have continuously bitched about nylander and possession stats; at least own up to your posts

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
in the GDTs and PGTs you consistently Yap about possession stats and talk about them like words written on stone. when people question you; your high horse attitude rubs a lot of them including me.

you have continuously *****ed about nylander and possession stats; at least own up to your posts
what does any of this have to do with you failing to understand what McDavid meant, and trying to use it as some sort of evidence to further your agenda?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
what does any of this have to do with you failing to understand what McDavid meant, and trying to use it as some sort of evidence to further your agenda?

what agenda? the clear insistence that CF% and success does not have a strong correlation? meanwhile stat fanboys keep bitching about it over here.

best player in the world says "We are not going to outskill anyone" and the stat fanboys come in to say that he is saying the team has no skill where nowhere in his statement he has mentioned that;

and you are telling me i am misinterpreting? LOL

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013

Time for Dubas to listen to the fans and make some changes around here! More toughness!
We need guys who can look good in the penalty box! To the self evident skills of the Russian Red Army I say "Nyet"!
Do you really think Betman and his MBA LLB/ JD CA types are smart enough to move the game away from the dangerous liability of Post Concussion Syndrome? How thoughtless!
Just look a the Oilers! If only we could have some that here! "Trade the Euros on the farm for aging goons! " - that's my bet!

great

Apr 14, 2018
The stretch pass is my problem, it works sometimes but this team is too skilled for it. Babs needs to coach according to the team’s strengths, not try to change the team to play his system.

Also there’s nothing wrong with experimenting. The regular season is an opportune time to do this, but he sticks to the same stuff for long periods of time. If something’s not working try something new.

Reactions: ToMaLe

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Time for Dubas to listen to the fans and make some changes around here! More toughness!
We need guys who can look good in the penalty box! To the self evident skills of the Russian Red Army I say "Nyet"!
Do you really think Betman and his MBA LLB/ JD CA types are smart enough to move the game away from the dangerous liability of Post Concussion Syndrome? How thoughtless!
Just look a the Oilers! If only we could have some that here! "Trade the Euros on the farm for aging goons! " - that's my bet!

???

idea is not to get goons to play but players to put their work ethic before their skill; no team no matter how talented is going to "skill" their way to victory if they don't compete; get to the puck first; pressure the puck carrier of the opposition, close the gap etc....

NHL hockey isn't EA Sports hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad