Rumor: Mikael Granlund Drawing Interest (NSH, others unnamed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
To be fair to you, he's switched back to C since Koivu's and Rask's injury, and the Coyle trade. So, he can play C, but most think that playing wing frees him up to do his thing offensively.
He has pretty much proven that he isn't a center in the NHL

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I would take a chance on Mittelstadt as a center piece, but I am an unabashed fan. I think BUF has enough expiring contracts to make it work financially.
Risky, for sure. Mitts lack of production is worrying.
Buffalo pretty much pushed their chips in on Mittelstadt when they traded O'Reilly last year.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Certainly he isn't suggesting Tolvanen+Fiala for Granlund could be a thing.

That would be mightily enticing.

Massively overrated. This kid scored for one month in the KHL and mostly in one spot in the PP. Currently 188th best goal scorer in the dumpster league.

No thanks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Buffalo pretty much pushed their chips in on Mittelstadt when they traded O'Reilly last year.
And are probably having second thoughts. If they could somehow get out of the bet they made than they probably would, as long as they got,talent back. Right now, Granlund is a better C, and Reinhart can play C.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
And are probably having second thoughts. If they could somehow get out of the bet they made than they probably would, as long as they got,talent back. Right now, Granlund is a better C, and Reinhart can play C.
Maybe, though I feel like playing Reinhart at center would be as big a mistake as playing Granlund there at this point.

Still, it's hard to get around the fact that if Buffalo feels Mittelstadt is on track to be a 2C they won't trade him. And if they don't think he's on track, I'm not sure why we'd want him for Granlund.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Fenton's gonna do his ol' pal Poile a favor and trade Granlund for Fiala and a 2nd. Its going to be terrible.
This town cannot take two GM's making their former teams better than their Minnesota team. Bulls fans are so happy that Thibs gifted them Markkanen and Lavine for house-burning Butler.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
This town cannot take two GM's making their former teams better than their Minnesota team. Bulls fans are so happy that Thibs gifted them Markkanen and Lavine for house-burning Butler.
I'm not sure i've seen a fanbase have so little confidence in their brand new GM who was very highly regarded. I have zero faith in him after Nino/Rask.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My feeling:

Something around Granlund for Fiala + (Fenton loves the guy).

Then Poile spends 1st, Fabbro + 2nd for Stone.

The Preds are all-in.
While I get the thought, there has been absolutely nothing out there about Poile being willing to trade Fabbro since McKenzie said he planned to sign at the end of this season.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I would rather do a Zucker + draft pick for Fiala......but I'm biased...

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Granlund? If Minny moves him, it'll be a mistake IMO.

Although he's been sputtering lately, he drives their O; just as valuable as Schwartz is to the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad