Rumor: Mikael Granlund Drawing Interest (NSH, others unnamed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well, multiple league sources have told The Athletic that Fenton has received what he may feel are viable offers for Granlund, who ranks ninth in Wild history with 93 goals, fourth with 224 assists, sixth with 317 points and sixth with 0.69 points per game.

One team very interested, sources say, is Fenton’s old employer, the division-rival Nashville Predators.

The Athletic has reported numerous times that Fenton has a great deal of admiration for 22-year-old Swiss winger Kevin Fiala, who scored a career-high 23 goals last season despite coming off a broken femur in the playoffs the season before. Fiala is also known well by Wild assistant coach Dean Evason, who coached him in Milwaukee.

So maybe a Granlund trade centering around Fiala is something in the offing. It has been reported that the Predators may be willing to part with goal-scoring prospect Eeli Tolvanen, who was as good as anybody in last year’s Olympics but has been disappointing in his first year as a pro.

Well, this has been a really exciting last couple of weeks. If Granlund goes I hope he gets a really big haul.

As Ryan Donato pays off early for Wild, Mikael Granlund now...

Last edited:
Reactions: BHD

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Boy would he ever get a haul if available.

Don't know if Fiala, Tolvanen, 1st would be enough though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Certainly he isn't suggesting Tolvanen+Fiala for Granlund could be a thing.

That would be mightily enticing.

Reactions: CPTN71

NyIander

Feb 18, 2019
He would be a solid pickup for Nashville/Montreal/Winnipeg imo, will be for a high price though.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Granlund would be good for a team acquiring him as a secondary piece, not someone that would need him to be their go to guy. I doubt he’s moved though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Granlund would be good for a team acquiring him as a secondary piece, not someone that would need him to be their go to guy. I doubt he’s moved though.

He's certainly no Kane, but he's a very skilled player that can drive offense on his own. Still needs to be played with a scorer and a guy who will go to the net, but he's an excellent playmaker and has an underrated shot as well. No doubt a true 1st line right wing on a majority of teams.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Shero is interested in someone on the Wild we scouted them heavily, an attended a game himself. Might be a off-season move though

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Shero is interested in someone on the Wild we scouted them heavily, an attended a game himself. Might be a off-season move though

Likely Coyle. I'd be very disappointed in virtually any return from New Jersey in a Granlund deal. Unless it's Hischier or your 1st which, obviously, isn't going to happen.

Reactions: grN1g

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If NSH seriously offers Fiala + Tolv + 1st/2nd I do believe Wild cannot refuse, or at least would be dumb too.

I wouldn't be able to refuse that.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Likely Coyle. I'd be very disappointed in virtually any return from New Jersey in a Granlund deal. Unless it's Hischier or your 1st which, obviously, isn't going to happen.
Granlund is worth a 1st, but NJD will not offer it till they know where exactly they are picking.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I'm guessing Zucker, I doubt it was Coyle, Shero isn't gonna give up on Zacha yet especially for a much more expensive replacement. Nico an Zajac aren't going anywhere obviously.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Sharks should of targeted him instead of Nyquist. Oh well I'm sure some team will pay for him he is that good!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Fenton will screw this up. You don't sell low with Granny....not when you don't have to move him. Either get a kick arse offer or keep him. But Fenton seems to aim low so far. Rask, people. Rask!

Reactions: FVM and BlackBusa24

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fenton will screw this up. You don't sell low with Granny....not when you don't have to move him. Either get a kick arse offer or keep him. But Fenton seems to aim low so far. Rask, people. Rask!
Inb4 Fiala and a 3rd is the return

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
you'd be fine with trading a guy who isn't making an impact in the AHL for Granlund? Big news!
Fair enough.

Unless there's something else brewing behind the scenes, I don't think it makes too much sense to trade Fiala for what could end up being a little over a season of Granlund. Fiala is looking like a legit 50-60pt player what I believe Granlund would be as well with us, but he's younger and cheaper and is familiar with the team and the system.

If Tolvanen + 1st doesn't get the negotiations started, then I don't think (or hope, whatever) there's a deal.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Granlund would be a great addition to any playoff team, raises his game to a new level in playoffs / important games. Also a team player who never gives up and has some serious clutch in him. Even for a high price you wouldn't be disappointed in him unless you forced him to play C.

He has 1 more year after this iirc so the team that goes for him needs to have some capspace and be prepared to get infuriated when he doesn't shoot enough even though he has a relatively good shot.

Not sure how the player himself would like to be traded since he has a kid coming real soon and all.

Reactions: LAINEC

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala is looking like a legit 50-60pt player what I believe Granlund would be as well with us,

I won't argue the younger and cheaper aspect, but I would put money on Granlund being a 65+ point player playing with Johansen, Arvidsson and Forsberg. He'd be a huge boon for your offense.

For what it's worth, it sounds like Fenton is more interested in Fiala than Tolvanen, and ultimately it depends on what Poile thinks of the two.

Reactions: Mestaruus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->