Rumor: Mikael Granlund Drawing Interest (NSH, others unnamed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
All things being equal, I would prefer to see Granlund on the Wild feeding pucks to Kaprizov whenever he arrives.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wow, looks like Wild fans are gripping their sticks a little tight this morning.

I’m trying not to get my hopes up, but I’m very intrigued by what Granlund could return.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I’m trying not to get my hopes up, but I’m very intrigued by what Granlund could return.
I am too, but if he's traded I expect us to be very unhappy with the return up front. It might settle in and look better with time, but initially it's going to be ugly.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Wow would be sad to see Granny traded. I get it, but the return better be great if they do.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Would the Wild still take a call from the Canes on Granlund? I hear you guys like our Swedish centers, we have a slightly used Walmark that pairs nicely with Rask.

Reactions: SlavinAway

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
From Wild's perspective, I'd much rather sign Granlund to 8x8 extension than trade him for Fiala, Tolvanen and a 1st. Just don't think those 2 players will ever even hold Granlund's jockstrap, and a late 1st doesn't change anything there.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
From Wild's perspective, I'd much rather sign Granlund to 8x8 extension than trade him for Fiala, Tolvanen and a 1st. Just don't think those 2 players will ever even hold Granlund's jockstrap, and a late 1st doesn't change anything there.
Oh god no

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don’t watch minny too much so I thought he was still a centre. My mistake.
To be fair to you, he's switched back to C since Koivu's and Rask's injury, and the Coyle trade. So, he can play C, but most think that playing wing frees him up to do his thing offensively.

Reactions: Al Lagoon

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
It seems like Nashvilles Cup window is coming towards end, so adding Granny would definately make a lot of sense this year. Especially if they can get it without losing main pieces from their main roster. I'm all for it from Nasville point of view. In addition if Missesota is rebuilding and growing younger, you rather trade him now with some contract left than wait for his rental value while rebuilding elsewhere. Depends what Minnesota sees as their target for this year. Personally I don't see them as contenders with this current team structure so I think gettings firsts and high end prospects is a good way to start. Maybe they can suck next year and go for one of those high end prospect centers as their new core pieces. Lundell f.e. seems to be similar/better prospect than Granny but suitable 9 years younger for their next proper push.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Only interesting player to watch on this team.

I think Fenton will sell him for a 2nd and a C-prospect. Because he seems to be an idiot.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would take a chance on Mittelstadt as a center piece, but I am an unabashed fan. I think BUF has enough expiring contracts to make it work financially.
Risky, for sure. Mitts lack of production is worrying.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It seems like Nashvilles Cup window is coming towards end, so adding Granny would definately make a lot of sense this year. Especially if they can get it without losing main pieces from their main roster. I'm all for it from Nasville point of view. In addition if Missesota is rebuilding and growing younger, you rather trade him now with some contract left than wait for his rental value while rebuilding elsewhere. Depends what Minnesota sees as their target for this year. Personally I don't see them as contenders with this current team structure so I think gettings firsts and high end prospects is a good way to start. Maybe they can suck next year and go for one of those high end prospect centers as their new core pieces. Lundell f.e. seems to be similar/better prospect than Granny but suitable 9 years younger for their next proper push.
With their schedule from here on out they've got as good a shot as most at one of the centers near the top of this year's draft.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad