Prospect Info: Mikael "FBJ" Granlund VI (Turning saucer passes into wine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
Waste of a #1 DP.. God bless him because i'm sure he's likeable and a good guy, but it ain't happen' folks.. By the time he figures it out he'll be ready for the glue factory..

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Put on some weight..and learn how to skate. Hey I just rhymed..but seriously. Get this guy a skating coach and get him to add 10 more pounds..everything else is fine..he will be a solid NHL player down the road

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
IIHF's game highlights:

If you wanted especially Granlund's assists:

2-1

2-2

Both scored by Korpikoski.

THEKOSTAJA

Apr 7, 2013
Turku
Put on some weight..and learn how to skate. Hey I just rhymed..but seriously. Get this guy a skating coach and get him to add 10 more pounds..everything else is fine..he will be a solid NHL player down the road

Agreed, and he has actually already improved his skating quite a bit. Granlund is a very motivated guy and he trains like a maniac. He will get better.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Agreed, and he has actually already improved his skating quite a bit. Granlund is a very motivated guy and he trains like a maniac. He will get better.
He's a smart kid. He learned a lot from this season and he is going to put in the work this summer. If he has 4 weeks of preseason training, he'll make the Wild's top-9.

Real question is whether it will be at center or wing.

WildFinn*

He's a smart kid. He learned a lot from this season and he is going to put in the work this summer. If he has 4 weeks of preseason training, he'll make the Wild's top-9.

Real question is whether it will be at center or wing.

I think that has been answered.

Now he is a winger but he could be a center in the future.

If he can improve his skating for the next few years in a row, he will do just great.

I would like to see Coyle tested as a center in the coming preseason but i have no faith in Yeo in sniffing roles or chemistry.

Try out.

Parise-Coyle-Pominville

Granlund-Koivu-Seto

Yeah, laugh if you want but it cant get any worse than it is. :p:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I don't see us bumping Koivu down to #2C. We don't want to lose his defensive abilities; he can play against practically anyone in the NHL.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
There's no doubt Granlund will show next year hes worth 1st round pick. He has offensive potential to be the best Wild forward and come the next season - well, he WILL be. - The leading scorer.

Last edited:

WildFinn*

It's not so much who he plays against but who he plays with.

Yes, i dont care how you draw the depth charts.

Coyle is a stud and smart, he could make the step with two veterans in his side.

This line could actually dumb and chase ending up with a goal many times. :D

Koivu would shelter Granlund and Seto to play with their strenghts, more passing and possession.

But i know this is breaking from what Yeo wants to see, identical play from all. :(

WildFinn*

There's no doubt Granlund will show next year hes worth 1st round pick. He has offensive potential to be the best Wild forward and come the next season - well, he WILL be. - The leading scorer.

Arent you the same guy who said Sakari Salminen is a top6 forward in NHL?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Please stop, people are angry and frustrated here as is.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

Yeah, he's the same guy.

And yeah, while I believe that Granlund has a decent shot at making Wild's top-6 next season, I really don't think he will be our best scorer, unless something horrible happens to the rest of our forwards.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011

Sakari Salminen is a diamond in the rough- I said he has POTENTIAL to be top6 player in the NHL.

And - it's not stretch to think that Granlund will reach his potential - and everybody knows hes offensively better player than MKoivu. He was that already in Bratislava 2011 - and next season he should be that in the NHL. So, hands down. I rest my case.

WildFinn*

Sakari Salminen is a diamond in the rough- I said he has POTENTIAL to be top6 player in the NHL.

And - it's not stretch to think that Granlund will reach his potential - and everybody knows hes offensively better player than MKoivu. He was that already in Bratislava 2011 - and next season he should be that in the NHL. So, hands down. I rest my case.

Salminen is 25, has not entered a gym, soft, defensive liability, he has zero possibility to make top 6 in NHL.

He should have followed the Haula path and eaten some American oatmeal.

6 seasons in FEL and he has been missed by scouts? I ask again, are you Sakari?

Well NHL is more than a skill competition, it is a physical jungle around the year. Granlund needs more speed to escape from being run over by guys less skilled than him.

I rest my case.

satchmo

Mar 21, 2012
Yeah, Granlund has picked up some speed during last year. He shot the puck more also. Good to see. He is improving, but he wont be no superstar.

WildFinn*

Yeah, Granlund has picked up some speed during last year. He shot the puck more also. Good to see. He is improving, but he wont be no superstar.

You really cant say that yet.

He is no Crosby but many future superstars havent made impact in the first season.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The biggest concern for Granlund is the Bouchard effect.

Granlund has a bit more size to him than Bouchard but Bouchard was a better skater than Granlund.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
http://www.iltalehti.fi/mmjaakiekko2013/2013052117043125_jc.shtml

In this Iltalehti-story Granlund says "I'm just not good enough yet" when asked about the lack of success in the NHL this season.

"I have to improve and play better. Be a tougher player."

"This is going to be a big summer for me personally. I know what I have to do and there are areas I need to improve. A lot of them."

Article says he's already got more power and improved his skating but not enough.

"I have trained hard before, now I need to exercise even harder than before. Big summer coming."

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
http://www.iltalehti.fi/mmjaakiekko2013/2013052117043125_jc.shtml

In this Iltalehti-story Granlund says "I'm just not good enough yet" when asked about the lack of success in the NHL this season.

"I have to improve and play better. Be a tougher player."

"This is going to be a big summer for me personally. I know what I have to do and there are areas I need to improve. A lot of them."

Article says he's already got more power and improved his skating but not enough.

"I have trained hard before, now I need to exercise even harder than before. Big summer coming."

This looks promising..

Looking forward seeing him in game-shape next season..

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think that has been answered.

Now he is a winger but he could be a center in the future.

If he can improve his skating for the next few years in a row, he will do just great.

I would like to see Coyle tested as a center in the coming preseason but i have no faith in Yeo in sniffing roles or chemistry.

Try out.

Parise-Coyle-Pominville

Granlund-Koivu-Seto

Yeah, laugh if you want but it cant get any worse than it is. :p:
I've been thinking on a little bit of different line of thinking, assuming Cullen is back.

Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Zucker-Koivu-Coyle
Seto-Cullen-Clutterbuck/Mitchell
Rupp-Brodziak-Mitchell/Clutterbuck

Pairing Granlund with two vets that can score and are very solid in all three zones should sufficiently protect his liabilities. Allow Granlund to do what he does best, and concentrate on distributing the puck.

Second line has a little bit of everything with Zucker's speed and knack for goal scoring(aka Parise lite), and Koivu and Coyle's board play this could be a very frustrating line to play against.

Third line is pretty much self explanatory, Seto is lost without Cullen, also allows us to push Brodziak to the 4th line and Kenopka to the press box where he belongs. That lineup should be able to roll 4 lines rather consistently without any huge liabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad