Prospect Info: Mikael "FBJ" Granlund VI (Turning saucer passes into wine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFinn*

I wanted to watch the games that have already been played. How do I use a proxy? is there a program that I need to get or something?

Using a proxy you need to know what is safe, some could be used against you.
Im not an expert so find someone who is. :)

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I wanted to watch the games that have already been played. How do I use a proxy? is there a program that I need to get or something?

If you use Chrome, download Stealthy add-on.

Proxy is basically a remote server that you use to connect to the internet. It can be located in various places. For example, if you use UK-based proxy, it will show your location as United Kingdom, instead of US. It is a great way to avoid blocks and access content that would otherwise be hidden or prohibited to people from your area.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
How has Granlund looked, I just started watching in second half of the 3rd period and his line is the only one with sustained zone time.

He has looked much more assertive in the games I've watched.

Finnish defense leaves a lot to be desired.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
How has Granlund looked, I just started watching in second half of the 3rd period and his line is the only one with sustained zone time.

He has looked much more assertive in the games I've watched.

Finnish defense leaves a lot to be desired.

Yeah, Finnish D is basically full of stone-handed "defensive D-men" from Finland and some PMD from KHL who have no idea how to defend properly.

Granlund was one of Finland's best players, along with Korpikoski and Antti "Pillu" Pihlström.

WildFinn*

Granlund was good and he has one game to improve even more and end it with a good note.

I hope he comes back to Minnesota as soon as possible to work on his skating, his family and friends can fly there IMO, that is his job and home now.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Granlund was fine, but for the most part the team's just full of mediocre to bad players and when the other team has guys like Landeskog, Eriksson and the sisters, they don't stand a chance. Anyway, MiG has been the 2nd best center on the team since he joined and at times he's actually been the best. Nobody was expecting miracles from him, but it was nice to see how he's changed on a "familiar" front. He's taken steps into the right direction.

I also like how Granlund's matured (mentally). The way he carries himself and talks these days remind me of another Finn. :laugh:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Granlund shoots more, wins more faceoffs and battles more than before. Going to the right direction. Only.. I hope that he won't forget why he's good. We need a good combination of skills and physical aspects. Not only one of them. He will never be a grinder or a power forward. We need to see those inhumanly intelligent outside the box flashes at times..

He's been good / ok.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Watched entire game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Granlund was OK at best. Ive always been a supporter, however after watching him today, am starting to question his upside in North Anerica.

WildFinn*

Finnish hockey experts think it is a mistake to try to force him as a center, some said from the start like Tikkanen.

He needs more speed, any idea what type of improvements are possible with proper coaching?

Im sure he will do just as they tell him, the attitude is good.

OpRedDawn*

Doesn't the wild / mn have some good skating coaches? Hope the wild are pushin him to work on that

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Finnish hockey experts think it is a mistake to try to force him as a center, some said from the start like Tikkanen.

He needs more speed, any idea what type of improvements are possible with proper coaching?

Im sure he will do just as they tell him, the attitude is good.

Doesn't the wild / mn have some good skating coaches? Hope the wild are pushin him to work on that

Yeah they really helped Phillips last summer. He was a below average skater even for the Q but after he worked with them for the entire summer he became an above average Q skater according to many. He's passable in the AHL now so obviously the coaches cannot work miracles, but with FBJ things could happen :sarcasm:

oNLy1cube

Sep 12, 2011
I noticed his skating improved quite noticeably in the last year and that will continue. He seems like a motivated kid and people should be patient with him, he has some physical hurdles to clear which will take time but he has the natural tools to be a very good player in the NHL. Not to mention that he is in a great environment in Minnesota to learn and grow, I'm liking what the future has in store for this guy, he might not end up being a superstar but I see a 70 point player down the road.

WildFinn*

I think his development was hurt in the last season in Finland, his club in Finland did not care enough. He was burned out and that issue was raised at the time also. I could care less about some FEL teams financial situtation when our prospect is in their system.

Do we have people in Europe looking after propects from our perspective?

If not the Wild should try to bring the prospects inside their own system and to people they know as soon as possible.

I think there is more knowledge in Minnesota about development than in Finland. :shakehead

Lesson learned, i believe he will be fine when the skating improves.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
People seem to think blue chip prospects need to be great by the time they are 21. Granlund just needs to work on his skating, and get used to the faster paced game/harder hitting game. Im not saying Granlund needs to hit, just experience more of what its like to play in the NHL.

WildFinn*

People seem to think blue chip prospects need to be great by the time they are 21. Granlund just needs to work on his skating, and get used to the faster paced game/harder hitting game. Im not saying Granlund needs to hit, just experience more of what its like to play in the NHL.

No, but also no reason to slow their development with wrong decisions.
He could have been focusing on the skating more since draft.

And i dont want him hitting anything, he is the size of Patrick Kane, he will only be on his ass all the time.

He needs to keep his feet moving, cycle, shoot, score and not get a concussion. :laugh:

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
You can only improve skating so much people, Granlund will never be blazing fast as he was not gifted that as a player. Granlund needs to work most importantly on bulking up this offseason and putting on weight. That is something he can control and get better at, and he's going to need it if he wants to win battles in the NHL.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
No, but also no reason to slow their development with wrong decisions.
He could have been focusing on the skating more since draft.

And i dont want him hitting anything, he is the size of Patrick Kane, he will only be on his ass all the time.

He needs to keep his feet moving, cycle, shoot, score and not get a concussion. :laugh:

I never said I wanted him to be a hitter. He would never be a hitter. I actually clarified and said I don't expect him to be, but just get used to being hit and get tougher and his balance controlled.

Granlund could improve on speed, but he needs to improve skating overall. I'm talking balance and control.

WildFinn*

You can only improve skating so much people, Granlund will never be blazing fast as he was not gifted that as a player. Granlund needs to work most importantly on bulking up this offseason and putting on weight. That is something he can control and get better at, and he's going to need it if he wants to win battles in the NHL.

Well maybe some but he is already heavier than many top forwards, he really needs speed to get more time.

He should play wing, thats where he has played best.

Start looking other options for center, Coyle could be great at it.

WildFinn*

I never said I wanted him to be a hitter. He would never be a hitter. I actually clarified and said I don't expect him to be, but just get used to being hit and get tougher and his balance controlled.

Granlund could improve on speed, but he needs to improve skating overall. I'm talking balance and control.

I agree totally.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I think his development was hurt in the last season in Finland, his club in Finland did not care enough. He was burned out and that issue was raised at the time also. I could care less about some FEL teams financial situtation when our prospect is in their system.

Do we have people in Europe looking after propects from our perspective?

If not the Wild should try to bring the prospects inside their own system and to people they know as soon as possible.

I think there is more knowledge in Minnesota about development than in Finland. :shakehead

Lesson learned, i believe he will be fine when the skating improves.

I think Kari Jalonen knew how to best develop him. He improved a lot during the 2010-2011 season. Matikainen unfortunately did not know what to do and used him in an attempt to save his own ass, which led to the team (and MiG) failing and Matikainen running to coach in Siberia.

oNLy1cube

Sep 12, 2011
I'm having no luck with the stealthy + google chrome. Is there something I'm missing or is youtube getting smart?

dizzler

May 23, 2010
Finland
I can't believe what i'm reading here. Have you people that critizice him seen him play at all in the WC or are you judging him by the highligths? Granlund has been a great add to Finland's squad and has played extremely well. He's 3rd overall in Face-off leaders with 61.70% won. And even with just 1 goal he's been one of Finland's most visible players with all the the things he can do with the puck and great plays he can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad