Prospect Info: Mikael "FBJ" Granlund VI (Turning saucer passes into wine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Two great plays by Granlund, assisting Finland's both goals as they tied the game to 2-2.

Fin9*

Unreal play by Granny Finland ties it 2-2. If you want to watch live go to athde or firstrowsports

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
Granlund scores an Yeo-favorite goal by driving hard to the net, defending the puck, dishing it to Korpikoski who buries it past John Gibson to tie the game at 2-2 with round about 5 minutes remaining! Amazing play!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Before his assists, he was moved to wing.

Mike Yeo, hope you're watching.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Today Granlund has looked like the same player i remember from 2 seasons ago.

I know it's only 1 game. But ending the season like this can be HUGE.

Last edited:

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
Seriously, Granlund has been the best player in this game! Great overall play, drives to the net hard, shoots, passes (2 assists) and he even skated past two Americans, almost going coast to coast. Looks exactly like he did "in his prime" :laugh:

Shootout coming up; let's see what he does.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Poor Granlund. Best player of the game, inches away from scoring Forsberg in shootout and then Galchenyuk scores the winning goal right after.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
aaaaaand there goes his momentum & confidence again with the botched shootout attempt.

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
****! Damn fine move, its a shame he missed :(

EVERYBODY!! Lets write him postcards and send him cookies so he's confidence won't go down the toilet!

WildFinn*

He has to get some new moves. He played better every game and now back to hard work back in Minnesota.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
Great game by Granlund and you can clearly see how playing overseas has affected him.

Also I love his glimpses of showmanship :) You don't see that often in Finnish players and it can lead to great things - failures too like the shootout attempt today but usually trying something jawdropping works for him, be it a shootout attempt or a crazy pass.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Well, we wouldn't have had any chance of winning w/o Granlund. Chin up kid, and back to adding muscle.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I'd say Granlund did very well in this tournament, especially considering his season's been crazy and the only time he had a stable spot anywhere was in Houston during the lockout. Now he joined the team in the middle of the tournament and simply got to work. There's nothing for him to be ashamed of despite the missed penalty shot (which was a nice attempt, but as we know, not all of those go in).

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Today Granlund has looked like the same player i remember from 2 seasons ago.

I know it's only 1 game. But ending the season like this can be HUGE.

Yup. He was playing with his strengths again and looked really confident on the ice. Did a few things that won't work in the NHL but he tried all kind of stuff and majority of them worked.

Gives me new hope about him heading into next season. I think he can take quite a few steps forward if he can maintain his current confidence.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
He played well the whole tournament but this last game was simply phenomal. I loved how he deked that USA-defender through the legs in the 2nd period and created a scoring chance... Hopefully this gives him boost!

Finnsane

Oct 21, 2012
Granlund was Finland's best player in both SF and bronze medal game. Also he seems to use his shot more often than he used to which is good. I'm really excited to see what he can do next season.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
No way in hell should we put Seto on the first and Parise on the second. Also, Coyle is NOT, I repeat NOT a second line center. We are already weak down the middle as it is, and we've never seen him player center in the NHL or AHL. If anything, Granlund improves his skating overall and becomes our 2C.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
And now the members of this board follow the Wild's lead in flinging forwards at the wall and hoping something sticks.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
And now the members of this board follow the Wild's lead in flinging forwards at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Parise 4th line center

coyle 1st line center

mitchel 1st line

brodziak 1st line

endras in net

plan the parade ###

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I just really hope he plays wing for the most of the season. He's so dangerous in the offensive zone when he doesn't have to think defense first. What separates him from other players is his creativity, even us who have watched most of his pro-games can still be amazed by some smart decisions he makes. And that is a rare quality.

WildFinn*

No way in hell should we put Seto on the first and Parise on the second. Also, Coyle is NOT, I repeat NOT a second line center. We are already weak down the middle as it is, and we've never seen him player center in the NHL or AHL. If anything, Granlund improves his skating overall and becomes our 2C.

Square peg in a round hole approach IMO

I would like to see Coyle tried out, that should have been tested already like Granlund as a winger that he is.

If we end up short a top 6 center, the GM of the hockey club goes to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad