Mighty Sharks beat Lifeless Habs 2-0

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Well...for the kid's confidence, he's not exactly lightnin' up playing the wings....can't believe how it would look like with additional tasks. Not sure it's a great move. I think I'd move Bournival there than to think of Chuckie first. Anyway, it's a reason why we are stuck with him till we have a real better option. And frankly, you don't waive him BEFORE you sit him in the stands.

Why not? Nobody will take him. Guaranteed.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Plekatchu was worse tonight. His peripheral play led to tons of turnovers in the offensive zone. Back to being same old against agressive teams.

Pleks is soft and yet he still produces regularly and can be counted on 5 on 5, on PK and PP consistently. Its a disgusting insult for him to be mentioned in the same breath as the midget DD.

Call me an anti french ass if you want. The fact remains that anywhere else he wouldn't be in the majors. You agree or not?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Stop deflecting. Your perverted persecution fantasies do nothing to hide the fact that Desharnais doesn't deserve to wear this jersey.

You know I'm right. Why weren't you crying this much about something else that was a much much bigger deal and a bigger problem ? I know the answer, I think deep down inside you do too.

DD is only 3.5M. He's been garbage for 60 games ever since he signed his deal. Completely useless outside of his faceoffs. But it's not why the team sucks. And the amount of talks about him is completely disproportionate to how much of a problem it is. If DD was our biggest problem we would not be in such bad shape.

I'm just fed up of reading mindless garbage about this subject.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why not? Nobody will take him. Guaranteed.

I know. Just that for the message....who in the world goes from the 2nd or even the 3rd line center and then directly to being waived? Before you do it, before you demonstrate to the world that your GM is such a stupid GM that didn't deserve his "GM of the year" award....you put him on the 4th line...try to get better easier opposition for him....you sit him in the stands to say that you are really dissapointed by his play hoping a wake up....and then, yes....you have no choice but to waive him. And frankly, after all that...I wouldn't care if he's taken or not. He's not, he fits well in Hamilton....if he is we save 4 M$.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Actually, the kid line is considered the ONLY line. Nobody is really afraid of Pleks whether it's for Pleks himself or his lack of help on the wings despite the good progression of Bournival.

The only tradeable asset is Plekanec, like it or not. Won't get squat for the midget, and not a lot for Gionta. You want more size, aside from doing a Nancy Kerrigan on the midget, your best bet is to trade the only midget with value. I know he's revered here, and he's been a pro and blablabla. He's a center, he's got value and he could get you mucho player at the deadline. Then, you move Chucky at center. He's being wasted at the wing. And Bournival, I like a lot. He carried the play for his midget partners today.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Very true, I am not mad about a loss like this one. I wonder why a gm would not try and make his team competive in the size department. They were like men against boys , both in talent and size.

If you looking at the trades, draft, and other pickups, he has made the team bigger. Lots of these guys are in junior, AHL and injured.

It's not magic, where you say a spell and everything is fixed. More like clever investing, where you hedge your bets and put most of your money into safe bets that have potential to really pay off.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Pleks is soft and yet he still produces regularly and can be counted on 5 on 5, on PK and PP consistently. Its a disgusting insult for him to be mentioned in the same breath as the midget DD.

Call me an anti french ass if you want. The fact remains that anywhere else he wouldn't be in the majors. You agree or not?

The midget is what he is. But he won't be traded, he's got zero value. When this team will be a contender, Plekatchu will be long gone. Trade him at this year's deadline. He could get you a Bobby Ryan.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
This is the revealing year for management, as I believe that they will get rid of some midgets at the deadline. If like me they believe that we are 3 years away from being a true long term contender, they will trade at the deadline. I doubt they make major moves before that.

couris

Dec 28, 2005
careful deandebean calling out plekachu for being soff as hell is going to upset alot of fanboys here.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Habs didn't play a bad game, but had way too much respect for the Sharks. They are good but if you take it to them you'll get chances.

Didn't help that the Habs got every penality called against them and San Jose got only 1 of about 7 or 8.

That hit on Gallagher was brutal, even an idiot referee would have given the guy at least 2 if not 5 minutes.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The only tradeable asset is Plekanec, like it or not. Won't get squat for the midget, and not a lot for Gionta. You want more size, aside from doing a Nancy Kerrigan on the midget, your best bet is to trade the only midget with value. I know he's revered here, and he's been a pro and blablabla. He's a center, he's got value and he could get you mucho player at the deadline. Then, you move Chucky at center. He's being wasted at the wing. And Bournival, I like a lot. He carried the play for his midget partners today.

I have some problems doing it because while Eller is coming into that kind of player, and until Bournival has proven he could do that in center, Pleks is really a great 2-way player that we will miss playing the PK and somehow, I still feel that while he gets beaten physically, I always feel comfortable when he's there knowing that chances are, he'll outsmart the opposition.

But you might be right....we should ask the question to ourselves....if you want to make a move to change the dynamics of this team, who are you willing to trade and that has some great value. The answer might only be....Plekanec. Unless we start thinking Markov has also any value. But then who replaces the smarts of Markov? Does Bourque have any value? But then if we stick with the "getting bigger" factor...we don,t fix anything unless you are getting a more consistent Bourque which brings the question...why would a team do that? Yep....Plekanec seems to be the only answer.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If you looking at the trades, draft, and other pickups, he has made the team bigger. Lots of these guys are in junior, AHL and injured.

It's not magic, where you say a spell and everything is fixed. More like clever investing, where you hedge your bets and put most of your money into safe bets that have potential to really pay off.

Brier an DD's new contracts say hello

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Markov ? We could still get something really nice for him.

And it's not that I think the sky is falling or anything. But like you said, Markov and Plekanec are unlikely to still be really good productive vets by the time we become contenders.

Thing is, that's not how MT and MB will see things. They want results now like 90% of GMs.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
He brings size, mobility, physicality and puck moving abilities. At this point, he's basically both Beaulieu and Tinordi combined.

Plus Tinordi and Beaulieu need time to develop in the AHL. They need to play a lot. I'm not a huge fan of the yoyoing. Live with Pateryn and Murray/Emelin will be ready soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad