Mighty Sharks beat Lifeless Habs 2-0

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
They were much better. Missed most of the game because my girlfriend wanted to spend some time together away from hockey but from what I saw, they controlled the flow of the play and put us where they wanted us and pretty much kept us there.

Let's spoil the reopenning of MSG next game!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Cannot possibly be worse. Literally.

Well...for the kid's confidence, he's not exactly lightnin' up playing the wings....can't believe how it would look like with additional tasks. Not sure it's a great move. I think I'd move Bournival there than to think of Chuckie first. Anyway, it's a reason why we are stuck with him till we have a real better option. And frankly, you don't waive him BEFORE you sit him in the stands.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
An averagely coached team with overwhelming injuries playing against a much superior team. Even fully healthy we'd be hard pressed to make it this close.

We're a good team, but not a great one.

Decent effort, predictable outcome.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
His salary and icetime means we should be able to count on him to help win us games. As it stands we need to play well enough to overcome his horrible play in order to win.

Plekatchu was worse tonight. His peripheral play led to tons of turnovers in the offensive zone. Back to being same old against agressive teams.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
We missed 2 or 3 empty nets to make it a 1-1 game. What's up with all the mighty sharks fanboyism and the "ok with the lost" trend here? If anything I'd blame the lack of opportunity. I agree that the sharks are a good team, better than the habs, but they were beatable tonight.

Good night.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Agreed.

Don't lump Bergevin in with Gainey and Gauthier. Despite signing Desharnais and Briere, Bergevin has repeatedly addressed the fact that the Habs are too easy to play against.

I can only hope that the end of the Smurf era is upon us.

I just hope we don't go back to the early nineties and draft bigger players simply because they are big. Turner Stevenson, Brad Brown, David Wilkie, Jason Ward, and Terry Ryan fit into this mentality. Aside from the couple of blips last season and a few years back, this team has maintained a steady level of mediocrity. There is something structurally wrong with the organization and its philosophy of sports management that has lead us to this position.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Well... there's always Briere. Right now we have two useless guys, might as well just have one and keep the guy with the shorter contract.

I wouldn't waive DD yet though, I agree. But I'd see if there was any place I could deal him. This town's not big enough (no pun intended) for both him and Briere. One has to go.

Oh geez...I forgot him. :laugh: Yep, I'm all for going with Brière on C. He has to play there before we call him a bust. Play him at his natural position.

hogtownhabsfan*

despite the last few minutes I thought it was a good effort. Sharks are elite while the refs and a funny bounce ****ed us....

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Plekanec
Eller
Galchenyuk
Brière
White
Bournival.

There are your options at center. Desharnais wouldn't be missed.

I had forgotten about Brière so yes, we do have an answer there....if he ever comes back. Chuckie might not be ready. White should never be on a 3rd line. And Bournival well....maybe. I'd have Bournival ahead of Chuckie. But it sucks to separate him from Pleks. Brière is the most logical option. We have to use Brière at C before saying he's awful.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
This waive stuff is ridiculous, as you know it will never happen.

The kid lie is now considered the first line. Meaning: they are closely checked. And the kids feel the heat.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
An averagely coached team with overwhelming injuries playing against a much superior team. Even fully healthy we'd be hard pressed to make it this close.

We're a good team, but not a great one.

Decent effort, predictable outcome.

Very true, I am not mad about a loss like this one. I wonder why a gm would not try and make his team competive in the size department. They were like men against boys , both in talent and size.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
despite the last few minutes I thought it was a good effort. Sharks are elite while the refs and a funny bounce ****ed us....

I thought we looked awful all night. We couldn't maintain any pressure in their zone. We were outmuscled along the boards by their defense. No one getting to the net for most of the night. We looked soft.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
I just hope we don't go back to the early nineties and draft bigger players simply because they are big. Turner Stevenson, Brad Brown, David Wilkie, Jason Ward, and Terry Ryan fit into this mentality. Aside from the couple of blips last season and a few years back, this team has maintained a steady level of mediocrity. There is something structurally wrong with the organization and its philosophy of sports management that has lead us to this position.

Nothing is wrong. It takes more than 18 months on new leadership to turn a ship around.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
The kid lie is now considered the first line. Meaning: they are closely checked. And the kids feel the heat.

Actually, the kid line is considered the ONLY line. Nobody is really afraid of Pleks whether it's for Pleks himself or his lack of help on the wings despite the good progression of Bournival.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I didn't see you crying this much when your boy Gainey ****ed us in the pooper with McDo for Gomez.

At least we didn't trade assets for DD, and he has half of Gomez's hit cap.

I wonder why you're crying so much now ? What's different ? Oh yeah... I think I know. Same ol' waffledave...I've seen it before from you.

Stop deflecting. Your perverted persecution fantasies do nothing to hide the fact that Desharnais doesn't deserve to wear this jersey.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Can't wait to have Patches, Parros, Prust, Emelin and Murray back

ent11newb.jpg

P.S. No Zaide, No Briere, tyvm

Jon Snow is on our side...use someone else :sarcasm:

tumblr_mmjw59LdJU1s0t81go1_400.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad