Mighty Sharks beat Lifeless Habs 2-0

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And there's no way in hell that if he was Russian he'd get any backlash at all. Just look at Kostitsyn! He was loved universally!

Reference to medias or fans? 'Cause not sure we should base our judgment or really value what the medias in this city has to say. And if it's the fans....well, Patrice Brisebois, José Théodore, Patrick Roy heck even the french who didn't play here at the time like Brière and Lecavalier are getting the most backlash of any players. When is the last time Andrei Kostitsyn was booed? What would you prefer if you are a player....that Antichambre bash you? Or that 20000 gets on your case? I choose Antichambre 'cause I can stop listening or mute them. Tough to mute a crowd unless you score 3 goals....And if it,s that board you are talking about, well the effect that the journalism in Montreal "protects" the local are pretty much well balanced with the french debate we constantly have in this board and the hate that some of those french players get to compensate for the lack of objectivity in the media world....It's pretty well distributed actually....So there are negative effects to be a francophone in Montreal. I could turn this around and say that if Rene Bourque's name would be Guillaume Latendresse....with his 4 points in 11 games....he'd be getting it in this board.....

But as far as the present situation, there's no denying that Brière and DD has been absolute disasters......so far. Thank god Claude Giroux doesn't play for us too.....As far as Bouillon is concerned, he's getting some heat he doesn't deserve. He's a #6 d-man. That,s what #6 in the NHL might look like everywhere else. And he has some very good moments. Will he be a #6 in a contending team...of course not. Which brings the question...do people really believe we're a contending team EVEN when healthy? NO. We are not. And Bouillon WILL be re-signed if the Habs lack some confidence in the kids. As next year, we will still have Drewiske, who also shouldn't be a top 6. And Murray will most likely won't be here. Bouillon staying or not all depends of Pateryn-Beaulieu-Tinordi.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
What stood out for me was the ease the shark forwards skated in our zone protecting the puck. The habs were out muscle big time down low. Good thing was that they rarely made anything out of it. I wouldn't bet on us in the best of 7 vs the shark.
Also, I think they made it to Niemi's net like 3 time. Easy night for most goalie.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
What stood out for me was the ease the shark forwards skated in our zone protecting the puck. The habs were out muscle big time down low. Good thing was that they rarely made anything out of it. I wouldn't bet on us in the best of 7 vs the shark.
Also, I think they made it to Niemi's net like 3 time. Easy night for most goalie.

When taking the schedule into consideration, this marks the 2nd occasion in a week that Ottawa plays a team the Habs just lost too. Hopefully with the same result, Ottawa having a rough ride and a loss.

The Habs meantime have to fly into New York beat the Rangers on Monday, turn around fly back to Montreal and play Dallas at home Tuesday night, and then prepare for flying to Minnesota for Friday night's game and Patrick Roy's team Saturday night.

Big week for an undermanned team, Minny and Colorado/Quebec Nordiques are two teams with huge young talent. Those games are the start to November, so San Jose was a learning experience for what they can expect on the road.:nod:

Cheering section should be flying out with them on this trip, no longer are the Hab fans outnumbering the locals in these arenas.:handclap:

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
MB needs to shake things up I think. I also think MT has to have a coming to Jesus meeting with DD. Contenders will never win with a DD in their top 6.

Eller played near 18min and Pleky 20 min.

Desharnais played 12m37, just one minute more than White.

How is Desharnais in the top 6?

MT is doing what he can with what he has. It's quite obvious that in the last few games, Habs roster is far from looking like a contender roster.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He can't lead us to the playoffs either. Bergevin should have been more patient with DD and not extended him that fast. He was an RFA there was no rush to get something done

Woah I thought he was going to be a UFA. Bergevin really jumped the boat on this signing :shakehead

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Another game I came away impressed with Holland. Dude has been better in each of his games than Briere. Not a player who will impress you with physicality, but he uses his smarts to keep himself in situations where he can succeed. Again, just really smart. Was not expecting at all to be impressed by him this year :laugh:

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Can't wait for Pacioretty, Prust, and Emelin to come back. Three very important pieces to our club. These guys all have the ability to wake the team up in games like this.

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010
Awful hockey , Therrien must be the worst motivator in the NHL. Habs should have kept Kirk Muller and hired Patrick as our coach , yes he's unproven in the NHL , but you can bet your house he'd light a fire under our players butts.

man the coach motivation is overated they are paid millions to play hockey i think they can motivate themself

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010
at least Brisebois did some things right, he was the master at stopping the puck along the board at the blue line on the PP. THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

and i respect Brisebois he was victim of intimidation in mtl but when he was in colorado he wanted to do a return with mtl because he cares about this team

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
man the coach motivation is overated they are paid millions to play hockey i think they can motivate themself

Motivation isn't always being a cheerleader...Sometimes being able to adjust your system to the team you are playing will wake up your players , as what he is preaching obviously didn't work vs SJ last night.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
Motivation isn't always being a cheerleader...Sometimes being able to adjust your system to the team you are playing will wake up your players , as what he is preaching obviously didn't work vs SJ last night.

But it worked vs. the Ducks

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I wouldn't be too harsh on the Habs. I'd worry if the Habs lost successive games to the Sabres and Panthers, though. They were undermanned and held a much better team to 2 goals. Price was great but he got some help. Think about it, the Sharks and Ducks combined scored 3 goals.

Not so amusing to Bruins fans: the Devils came from 3-0 behind to beat the Bruins.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Another game I came away impressed with Holland. Dude has been better in each of his games than Briere. Not a player who will impress you with physicality, but he uses his smarts to keep himself in situations where he can succeed. Again, just really smart. Was not expecting at all to be impressed by him this year :laugh:

It would be nice if he got some ice time with an offensive player.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
BXi99SdCUAAw9s1.png

I thought White cut his hair.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I wouldn't be too harsh on the Habs. I'd worry if the Habs lost successive games to the Sabres and Panthers, though. They were undermanned and held a much better team to 2 goals. Price was great but he got some help. Think about it, the Sharks and Ducks combined scored 3 goals.

Not so amusing to Bruins fans: the Devils came from 3-0 behind to beat the Bruins.
The Sharks had been cold in the goal scoring department in the two games prior to their game against us.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005

It didn't look like the Sharks had an easy game. They are one of the top teams in the league with proven vets. They simply played at a very high level and we couldn't keep up. The game was 1-0 until late. You have to give credit to a good coach, good players, good system all working properly.

It's pretty boring that with every loss comes the overanalysis at how we lost and who's fault. Sometimes you lose to better teams playing better. We're not a cup contending team. We should be rebuilding and playing as many of the young guys who we think as core going forward. Galchenyuk at center. Tinordi and Beauliue every night. Let the temporary vets (Gionta, Bourque, Desharnaise, Moen, etc fight for ice time).

Also interesting to note is how much we miss Prust and MaxPac. MaxPac is very underrated around here despite being our leading scorer two season in a row.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The Sharks had been cold in the goal scoring department in the two games prior to their game against us.

They were cold this game too. They had to slewfoot and take Diaz out of the play to score the first goal, and the second goal was the as fluky as they come.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I watched Breezer play his entire career and even though he was soft I think Diaz even has him beaten in the softness department. :nod:

Tough to argue that one. Breezed would actually take a hit sometimes. Diaz plays a "try to hit me if you can, but don't hit me to hard" type of game.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Do you guys think Gallagher will miss the next game (even though he returned to this game)? Asking for fantasy purposes. Thanks.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I missed the 1st but from the 2nd on, if I hadn't paid attention to the score or time, it seemed like the Habs were up 3-0 and protecting the lead.

There was barely any forechecking. SJ does play a modified version of the trap. They had 2 forwards at the red line and 3 players on their blue line.

The amount of late hits, interference and slew foots that weren't called (pretty much in every game) is unreal. The officiating in this league is no better the putting an NFL ref on the ice without skates and without giving him the rule book.

I just want games to be called by the book from the 1st game of the year to the last game of the playoffs. Ffs it's driving me nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad