Mighty Sharks beat Lifeless Habs 2-0

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
On the first goal by Couture, Couture clearly tripped Diaz. Should not have been a goal but a penalty.
The hit on Gallagher should be reviewed by Shanahan.

Ducks outplayed us but referees gave them the game.

I honestly don't get how there wasn't a penalty for that Gallagher hit. From what I saw the shark defensemen decided to hit Gallagher who was in a vulnerable Position. The puck didn't look like it was on gallagher's stick at the time of the hit.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
MB must be sitting watching DD play and thinking re-signing him certainly wasn't my best move.

I've had about enough of DD and Diaz on this team. Honestly I've never seen a dman try to avoid contact as much as Diaz does ever.

Patrice Brisebois.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
Habs didn't play a bad game, but had way too much respect for the Sharks. They are good but if you take it to them you'll get chances.

Didn't help that the Habs got every penality called against them and San Jose got only 1 of about 7 or 8.

That hit on Gallagher was brutal, even an idiot referee would have given the guy at least 2 if not 5 minutes.

Yeah that's pretty much how I felt about the game as well. I'm not really going through a "the sky is falling!" moment.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I honestly don't get how there wasn't a penalty for that Gallagher hit. From what I saw the shark defensemen decided to hit Gallagher who was in a vulnerable Position. The puck didn't look like it was on gallagher's stick at the time of the hit.
To me the referees gave the game to the Sharks.
SJS did outplayed the Habs but our defensive play was very good.
I can remember at least three or four penalties that were not called.

This ended up killing our offense and gave the momentum to the Sharks.
That non call on the first goal was awfull.

About the hit on Gallagher, this should go to Shanahan (Shame a han) and get 3-5 games.
As I wrote, the hit on Galagher is much worst than the hit by Lapierre on Doyle.

The amount of abuse on Gallagher continues to be awfull.
From what I can see, the referees have decided that penalties should only be called against him once every three times.:shakehead

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Had tail between our legs all game long and lost the game before the puck hit the ice.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
It really wasn't that bad. It was a 2-0 loss, where one was a powerplay goal and one was the result of a flukey dump in. Both teams had trouble setting up within zones. The Habs had some good chances at times. Price played well. We will be ok.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
MB needs to shake things up I think. I also think MT has to have a coming to Jesus meeting with DD. Contenders will never win with a DD in their top 6.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
To me the referees gave the game to the Sharks.
SJS did outplayed the Habs but our defensive play was very good.
I can remember at least three or four penalties that were not called.

This ended up killing our offense and gave the momentum to the Sharks.
That non call on the first goal was awfull.

About the hit on Gallagher, this should go to Shanahan (Shame a han) and get 3-5 games.
As I wrote, the hit on Galagher is much worst than the hit by Lapierre on Doyle.

The amount of abuse on Gallagher continues to be awfull.
From what I can see, the referees have decided that penalties should only be called against him once every three times
.:shakehead

I don't understand what's going on with the refs this year but it's crazy the amount of **** they just let go. Last year we got called a lot but we also got a lot of PPs.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You are so disgustingly deluded it's almost comical. No, you're right. DD should be defended for his excellent work.

In the post you quoted I said DD has been useless ever since signing his deal. I fail to see how I'm defending him for his excellent work. :help:

Also, I don't know who's more deluded. Me for thinking that 3.5M of wasted cap space is not that big of a deal worth talking about every 2 posts or you who's making a mountain out of a molehill and acting like it's the end of the world. We're talking about replacing DD with another Bourque, or an Andrei K. type player. It wouldn't drastically change our team and turn us into contenders. So by all means, keep harping about the DD situation. Clearly, the root of all evil and the cause of all your problems.

And there's no way in hell that if he was Russian he'd get any backlash at all. Just look at Kostitsyn! He was loved universally!
I have no clue what this is supposed to mean. But I always kinda liked AK and his bro SK. But I guess no one else did since they're not playing in the NHL anymore. Which is what is probably going to happen to DD if he doesn't re-discover what made him successful in the first place. Maybe you can stop crying about it non-stop then ? I really hope so.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
If you actually watch David Desharnais play you realize how easy it is to take the puck away from him. I know small players like St. Louis and Gallagher have success in this league, but they have a tenacity that Desharnais lacks. I actually feel bad for the guy. He went from hero between Cole and Pacio to borderline Gomez within a season and a half. I'm afraid it only goes downhill from here...

MSL and Gallagher have a lot of lower body strength and are able to protect the puck. Desharnais used to be able to do that... I remember him going circling the net, looking for passing options or a shot. He's not doing anything that made him successful.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
MSL and Gallagher have a lot of lower body strength and are able to protect the puck. Desharnais used to be able to do that... I remember him going circling the net, looking for passing options or a shot. He's not doing anything that made him successful.

Yea his size did not use to be an issue. He was playing in an intereresting manner where he would go beyond that to make a play and he would position himself to not get hit. Now it's like he lost all his hockey sense.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Terrible game. Sharks are good again this year. I'd say they look for real, but they always do and then they hit a little stage call "playoffs" and go all to **** again.

I don't know what's up with the refs lately but it's ridiculous. I didn't think we'd get a call all night and we deserved at least 2-3 more than what we got. Not saying that's the reason we lost but still, brutal.

Subban had his first bad game of the year tonight. Price played well again but you're never gonna win when you don't score. DD needs to have a seat to think about things... Diaz needs to be thrown in the garbage.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I'm so glad I missed this one... saw some clips of the express at the bar.

I told u guys Price would be awesome. We did not score more than 2 goals (said 2 or more to be fair), we lose.

SweHAB

Jun 3, 2013
Gothenburg
I fall asleep right after SJ scored 0-1....Seems like i did not miss anything :phew:

Was SJ great or was the Habs playing bad?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
******* that Chevy Sonic ad@###$$%%. It's not just DD, we have too many midgets, I am left to wonder if the Habs org get some kind of bonus from the league for having soo many little guys. They really must get millions, they will not steer from the path of little people, it is true, we haven't had a decent sized team with talent for way too long. DD,Pleks,Gallagher,Frankie Boo,Giganta,and Gorges on one team is too many hobbits, they are all good players but too small to all be on the same team. :cry::cry: My God I just got abducted by that chevy sonic again, if there was ever a car that suited the culture of our franchise, it is that one. With seating for 6 habs players.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I don't understand what's going on with the refs this year but it's crazy the amount of **** they just let go. Last year we got called a lot but we also got a lot of PPs.

Agreed, do we have a negative reputation with the refs? I thought this game and the nashville game were two of the worst officiated games I've seen. The game against the preds was a joke.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I watched Breezer play his entire career and even though he was soft I think Diaz even has him beaten in the softness department. :nod:

Since his injury last year he has been avoiding any kind of contact just like Kaberle did. Hopefully there is interest for him around the league and that he can get moved by Bergevin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad