Status
Not open for further replies.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Also nice to see Overrated Izzo get beat....again

This is the worst MSU basketball team I’ve ever seen but that’s a bad take.

Example 1:

28FB7FBB-C8D4-42D7-A426-3A6CBDBFA2BC.jpeg

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
A relatively unsubstantiated rumor, but Stoney on 97.1 The Ticket this morning shared that a "trusted source" has relayed that the Lions have offered Kevin Colbert the GM job and it's close; just waiting on whether or not the Rooney family ponies up a counter offer to keep him in Pittsburgh.

Would be fine with this; bring me the future TJ Watt's and Devin Bush's of the world.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Would rather have Dodd from Indy

Think he would be fine too. It's hard to look at what the Steelers have done in the draft and scoff at it. Same can be said for Indy. Both teams have fantastic defensive units that were built through the draft primarily.

Reactions: jkutswings

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The Seam-shifted wake, demon change-ups, and pitching has gotten really crazy. I find this sort of fascinating, especially as someone who pitched growing up and it confirms things I felt when throwing the ball and screwing with different grips, grip pressure, etc.

Article briefly touches on why our pitching coach was a big hire and highlights Turnbull's pitching.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The Seam-shifted wake, demon change-ups, and pitching has gotten really crazy. I find this sort of fascinating, especially as someone who pitched growing up and it confirms things I felt when throwing the ball and screwing with different grips, grip pressure, etc.

Article briefly touches on why our pitching coach was a big hire and highlights Turnbull's pitching.
In theory, shouldn't this approach allow for more successful pitchers with slightly less abuse of their arms? If maximizing active spin is no longer the end-all be-all, I'd hope that shoulders and elbows aren't destroyed as quickly. (And that as the approach trickles down to college and high school, it helps more kids arrive in the majors with more tread on the tire, so to speak.)

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
In theory, shouldn't this approach allow for more successful pitchers with slightly less abuse of their arms? If maximizing active spin is no longer the end-all be-all, I'd hope that shoulders and elbows aren't destroyed as quickly. (And that as the approach trickles down to college and high school, it helps more kids arrive in the majors with more tread on the tire, so to speak.)

I think it would at least partly depend on the type of grips used to maximize the effects of both kinds of spin. I mean, look at the splitter. You don't do any weird twisted or snapping with it, but holding the ball between your fingers can put some weird crazy stress on your forearm. At the same time, I remember being able to put some horizontal movement on two seamers by just shifting the pressure between my middle and index fingers a bit.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Would rather have Dodd from Indy

F that. Dodds is a great candidate. But he doesnt have any GM experience. If you can get a guy as proven as Colbert, who has built powerhouses that have won superbowls. He has a decade of running one of the best teams in the NFL as the GM.

Dodds is a great option but you go with the experience like that every time.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The update to that earlier report is....it's all a lie.

Lions have not requested an interview with him from what I understand. Go back to hoping for Dodds

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
NFC North News

Bears keeping Pace and Nagy, glorious day for everyone outside of Chicago.
Man, what other news could come out today on this amazing NHL season opener?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
NFC North News

Is it too much to hope for the eradication of the draft lottery?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
NFC North News

Next they will keep Trubisky which is great for the division...except for the Lions. Might as well call him Mitchell Montana when Bears play the Lions.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Very Happy Harbaugh is back. Glad Brown is gone and can’t wait to see who’s brought in as OC
Sounds like former player and Detroit High School Coach Ronald Bellamy might be coming aboard as a Coach...will help a ton with Michigan Recruiting

Hmm. What's to be happy about? If you're on the finance commitee for UM, then yeah: his salary is cut in half and there is no danger of him getting his performance bonuses.

I don't remember a time in my life when UM fans were ever happy with 9-3, losing to tOSU by staggering margins and losing bowl games year in and out.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Hmm. What's to be happy about? If you're on the finance commitee for UM, then yeah: his salary is cut in half and there is no danger of him getting his performance bonuses.

I don't remember a time in my life when UM fans were ever happy with 9-3, losing to tOSU by staggering margins and losing bowl games year in and out.
I’m giddy as f***...don’t worry about it

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
F that. Dodds is a great candidate. But he doesnt have any GM experience. If you can get a guy as proven as Colbert, who has built powerhouses that have won superbowls. He has a decade of running one of the best teams in the NFL as the GM.

Dodds is a great option but you go with the experience like that every time.
I’ll take Dodd kthanks

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Ah Michigan State fans, because they have so much going for their football program right now.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Ah Michigan State fans, because they have so much going for their football program right now.
They're rebuilding with a new coach. Happens to everybody.

Well, everybody that admits when a given regime is past their expiration date. By the way, who won the UM / MSU game this year?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
They're rebuilding with a new coach. Happens to everybody.

Well, everybody that admits when a given regime is past their expiration date. By the way, who won the UM / MSU game this year?
I didn't want to bring Harbaugh back, just find it funny. Haven't had a good season since 2017. Maybe Mel Tucker can rebuild them. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad