Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
LOL @ Sparty

I don't know if they'll ever get the type of draw as they did back in 2000. Having said that they did overachieve this year by beating Duke.

I had them losing in the regional final.

I can't wait for the usual Izzo excuse when he blows this golden opportunity for a National Title, it's a cakewalk.... Refs? Too Tired? etc

1378053899_205_negrodamus_v6.jpg

Last edited:

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
At least UM gets to the Title Game unlike MSU who fails in the Final Four for not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 but the 7th straight time... Poor Tommy Crybaby

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
At least UM gets to the Title Game unlike MSU who fails in the Final Four for not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 but the 7th straight time... Poor Tommy Crybaby

Not true.

Sparty made a run in 2009 and wound up reaching the title game. Only to get absolutely annihilated by #1 seed North Carolina.

What made this funny though is that the Final Four was being held at Ford Field. Thereby giving Sparty a defacto homecourt for both games.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Flaws for MSU showed up tonight. We have one player (Cassius) who can create offense off the dribble. He finally had a below average game for our standards and we lost because of it. Not to mention our defense broke down early in the second half and we couldn't make the big shots.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Michigan State should be beating Michigan.

They are the self appointed "Basketball School" after all and attract higher caliber players.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Michigan State should be beating Michigan.

They are the self appointed "Basketball School" after all and attract higher caliber players.

Not so much. The expectations are there now for UM's hoops team. It's not like they are a scrappy upstart like Butler. But since we are engaging in deflection tactics; your self appointed football team should be beating MSU every year. I'm sure you have an excuse for that, too.

Reactions: mantha39

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Shane Greene just set an MLB record by recording the most saves in a team's first 10 games with 7 saves. Just remarkable. I'm going to appreciate what the Tigers are doing because in a month it won't be this way.

Reactions: Winger98

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

They have also won the most recent title... I always find it interesting when U of M fans want to talk smack.

Seriously MSU has the most recent outright National Championship in all three glamour men's sports.

2007 Hockey
2000 Basketball
1952 Football

Now U of M fans can be rightfully upset they got hosed in 1997, but seriously those are the facts.

Also FYI if I remember right U of M has the most losses in the title games history so great you get there and also get folded over like a cheap suit at least Izzo doesn't keep me up late on the Monday night to watch them lose outside of North Carolina...:laugh:

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Flaws for MSU showed up tonight. We have one player (Cassius) who can create offense off the dribble. He finally had a below average game for our standards and we lost because of it. Not to mention our defense broke down early in the second half and we couldn't make the big shots.

Yeah, Winston was outplayed for the first time in a long time. MSU didn’t have enough guys yet who could step up if he had an off game. In retrospect, they were too dependent on him to create.

The Spartans will be better next year assuming everyone comes back. If so, they’ll probably be preseason #1.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, Winston was outplayed for the first time in a long time. MSU didn’t have enough guys yet who could step up if he had an off game. In retrospect, they were too dependent on him to create.

The Spartans will be better next year assuming everyone comes back. If so, they’ll probably be preseason #1.

They didn't play MSU basketball was also a problem. They needed to go down low and they needed to crash the boards and they got passive playing perimeter basketball. I know Texas Tech is good, but they really didn't do enough to consistently get down low and play their typical style of offense. They fell in love with contested jumpers and are back home in East Lansing today as a result.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
They have also won the most recent title... I always find it interesting when U of M fans want to talk smack.

Seriously MSU has the most recent outright National Championship in all three glamour men's sports.

2007 Hockey
2000 Basketball
1952 Football

Now U of M fans can be rightfully upset they got hosed in 1997, but seriously those are the facts.

Also FYI if I remember right U of M has the most losses in the title games history so great you get there and also get folded over like a cheap suit at least Izzo doesn't keep me up late on the Monday night to watch them lose outside of North Carolina...:laugh:
Izzy being 2-6 in the Final Four isn’t anything to brag about either

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Izzy being 2-6 in the Final Four isn’t anything to brag about either

3-6 he won a championship and went to the Finals once.

I am not really bragging, I said that when pointing out that I was confused why U of M fans want to argue when they don't have much to brag about really either, certainly not for drive-bys on Izzo. You know they will, it is funny because he is arguably a ton more successful than Bo having actually won something of significance and man do U of M people go nuts when you talk about his rose bowl record and how terrible he was in big games, because he is the guy at U of M and Izzo is that guy for MSU. Do you really think trying to discredit Izzo is going to go well, especially when there is nothing to brag about on your own end while doing it?

Yeah it has been a while since he last won a National Championship and that is disappointing. It was three years before the last time U of M football won the B1G last for instance, it was ages ago...:laugh: Of course they do have the third longest tournament streak and have been consistently dominant in their own conference but again without that title it is really just Bo stuff, glad he found at least one, really hopeful he can add a second before he leaves, but they are hard to win.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
3-6 he won a championship and went to the Finals once.

I am not really bragging, I said that when pointing out that I was confused why U of M fans want to argue when they don't have much to brag about really either, certainly not for drive-bys on Izzo. You know they will, it is funny because he is arguably a ton more successful than Bo having actually won something of significance and man do U of M people go nuts when you talk about his rose bowl record and how terrible he was in big games, because he is the guy at U of M and Izzo is that guy for MSU. Do you really think trying to discredit Izzo is going to go well, especially when there is nothing to brag about on your own end while doing it?

Yeah it has been a while since he last won a National Championship and that is disappointing. It was three years before the last time U of M football won the B1G last for instance, it was ages ago...:laugh: Of course they do have the third longest tournament streak and have been consistently dominant in their own conference but again without that title it is really just Bo stuff, glad he found at least one, really hopeful he can add a second before he leaves, but they are hard to win.
That’s his 2 wins...finals twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad