Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think Hock will be a good player, and I wish him the best of luck. He could be a very important addition to the offense.

But

The level of incompetence in the Lions is disgusting. Pass on Aaron Donald for Eric Ebron. Eventually you decline his option and let him walk for nothing. He goes on to lead the NFL in TDs and make the Pro Bowl. Meanwhile, you’ve created a hole at tight end you don’t even come close to filling year one, and year two it’s filled by signing Jesse James and using a #8 overall draft pick on another tight end, passing up on a DT who plays a game very similar to Aaron Donald.

Even if you isolate the storyline to just Bob Quinn moves, it begins with letting Ebron walking and creating the problem.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I think Hock will be a good player, and I wish him the best of luck. He could be a very important addition to the offense.

But

The level of incompetence in the Lions is disgusting. Pass on Aaron Donald for Eric Ebron. Eventually you decline his option and let him walk for nothing. He goes on to lead the NFL in TDs and make the Pro Bowl. Meanwhile, you’ve created a hole at tight end you don’t even come close to filling year one, and year two it’s filled by signing Jesse James and using a #8 overall draft pick on another tight end, passing up on a DT who plays a game very similar to Aaron Donald.

Even if you isolate the storyline to just Bob Quinn moves, it begins with letting Ebron walking and creating the problem.
Tj over Ed Oliver is deja vu all over again

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
CEB66271-EA87-405A-98B9-BF272C76AD13.png

I hope you fans that are skeptical will keep an open mind, Hockenson is a warrior. I am a happy camper, TJ is the man I wanted. Has the tools and tool box to carry them as the saying goes, just super pumped. Kittle, who I also watched a lot, just set an NFL record for tight ends. Hockenson is light years ahead at equal ages, sky is the limit.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
View attachment 221221

I hope you fans that are skeptical will keep an open mind, Hockenson is a warrior. I am a happy camper, TJ is the man I wanted. Has the tools and tool box to carry them as the saying goes, just super pumped. Kittle, who I also watched a lot, just set an NFL record for tight ends. Hockenson is light years ahead at equal ages, sky is the limit.
Typical lions pick and typical lions fan reaction. The Detroit Lions are the worst franchise in the history of professional sports! I'm not falling for the complete BS they are trying to sell us year after year. Same ol f***ing lions. #sol #oneplayoffwin62years

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Typical lions pick and typical lions fan reaction. The Detroit Lions are the worst franchise in the history of professional sports! I'm not falling for the complete BS they are trying to sell us year after year. Same ol ****ing lions. #sol #oneplayoffwin63years

Not even close to true, I am from Iowa and have watched Hockenson a lot. Your opinion is uninformed, he is the most well rounded tight end to come out of school in a long time. If you have some concerns about his game we can debate those, but get out of here with that same ole Lions trash.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Not even close to true, I am from Iowa and have watched Hockenson a lot. Your opinion is uninformed, he is the most well rounded tight end to come out of school in a long time. If you have some concerns about his game we can debat those, but get out of here with that same ole Lions trash.
You are part of the problem. This is the same bullshit year after year with the Lions. Lions fans are a mirror image to leafs fans completely delusional slappies. "Stafford has no running game" Stafford has no weapons" " We need to protect Stafford" blah blah blah blah f***ing blah. We have taken 3 f***ING TE'S IN THE FIRST ROUND IN TEN YEARS! This team is a complete f***ing joke. Rodgers gets hurt and can't even win the division. Stafford gets his ass kicked week one AT HOME to a ROOKIE QB on MNF!!!Haven't won the division since 1991 one playoff win in 62 years. Keep drinking the koolaid though guys!

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
You are part of the problem. This is the same bull**** year after year with the Lions. Lions fans are a mirror image to leafs fans completely delusional slappies. "Stafford has no running game" Stafford has no weapons" " We need to protect Stafford" blah blah blah blah ****ing blah. We have taken 3 ****ING TE'S IN THE FIRST ROUND IN TEN YEARS! This team is a complete ****ing joke. Rodgers gets hurt and can't even win the division. Stafford gets his ass kicked week one AT HOME to a ROOKIE QB on MNF!!!Haven't won the division since 1991 one playoff win in 62 years. Keep drinking the koolaid though guys!

How is it delusional to draft a player, (who by the way was mocked at 7-12 in every one I read) that fills a big need. Hockenson at 8 was not a reach, there is no slappy fan to it. Sigining Flowers reduced the immediate need for an edge rusher, and TJ has IMO a very high chance to be one of the best TE in the entire league.

Because Ebron didn’t work out for the Lions means never draft a TE again? I love how you say nothing about the player they picked...

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
How is it delusional to draft a player, (who by the way was mocked at 7-12 in every one I read) that fills a big need. Hockenson at 8 was not a reach, there is no slappy fan to it. Sigining Flowers reduced the immediate need for an edge rusher, and TJ has IMO a very high chance to be one of the best TE in the entire league.

Because Ebron didn’t work out for the Lions means never draft a TE again? I love how you say nothing about the player they picked...
He is a luxury pick they just signed a TE they have WAY BIGGER NEEDS THAN THIS!!! AS USUAL

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
He is a luxury pick they just signed a TE they have WAY BIGGER NEEDS THAN THIS!!! AS USUAL

Unless you are sky high on Jesse James, I would argue TE was the biggest need. I’m not sold on a guy that has never broke 50 catches or 500 yards, especially not with a blue chip prospect right in your lap.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Unless you are sky high on Jesse James, I would argue TE was the biggest need. I’m not sold on a guy that has never broke 50 catches or 500 yards, especially not with a blue chip prospect right in your lap.
Stafford sucks he will ruin this kid anyway.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
What really...REALLY pisses me off right now is seeing Denver two spots later trade down to #20, acquire a second this year and a third next year.

Who do they take? The #2 rated TE on the board and Hockenson's teammate at Iowa.

That I could have lived with. If not applaud as I do realize TE is a need.

Unfortunately for the Lions they also have plenty of needs elsewhere too. I just hope I'm wrong...that's all I'm saying

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
What really...REALLY pisses me off right now is seeing Denver two spots later trade down to #20, acquire a second this year and a third next year.

Who do they take? The #2 rated TE on the board and Hockenson's teammate at Iowa.

Unfortunately for the Lions they also have plenty of needs elsewhere too. I just hope I'm wrong...that's all I'm saying
The lions don't even use all their clock when it's their turn LOL! They did the exact same thing with Ebron ironically with Mayhew. Leave like 4 mins on the clock tunnel vision to failure.This team is cursed same ol lions forever.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016

Fant couldn’t care less about blocking, he views it as a chore that has to be done once in a while. Hockenson enjoys it, he is very competitive and wants to play up to he best he can no matter the assignment.

Mark my words, T.J. Hockenson is going to be a fan favorite. Amazing person, amazing player, he will do whatever it takes.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I understand you're a fan of Hockenson and it's nothing to take personal. Being in the Big Ten I've seen him and I hope he does well whether it be here or somewhere else down the line.

It's just the Lions. It was so Lions. Hence why I became content a long time ago over them winning just a playoff game while I was alive. Granted I was 9 and could only remember bits & pieces until seeing it uploaded on You Tube.

Having success from the Wings, Pistons, UM, Tigers and even Sparty makes it easier to accept. Especially when it's just sports to me at the end of the day.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
I understand you're a fan of Hockenson and it's nothing to take personal. Being in the Big Ten I've seen him and I hope he does well whether it be here or somewhere else down the line.

It's just the Lions. It was so Lions. Hence why I became content a long time ago over them winning just a playoff game while I was alive. Granted I was 9 and could only remember bits & pieces until seeing it uploaded on You Tube.

Having success from the Wings, Pistons, UM, Tigers and even Sparty makes it easier to accept. Especially when it's just sports to me at the end of the day.

I hear ya, and I apologize if I took over the thread. It’s just really annoying when you see people criticize a player that they obviously know nothing about. And it’s not just here, if I wanted to argue it’s a field day on every site and Facebook.

For the level headed Lions fans I beg that you give Hockenson a chance. He is amazing.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Fant couldn’t care less about blocking, he views it as a chore that has to be done once in a while. Hockenson enjoys it, he is very competitive and wants to play up to he best he can no matter the assignment.

Mark my words, T.J. Hockenson is going to be a fan favorite. Amazing person, amazing player, he will do whatever it takes.
As long as he has Stafford sailing balls over his head it won't even matter.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
As long as he has Stafford sailing balls over his head it won't even matter.

So now you want to debate Stafford and not Hockenson? Alright, I’ll bite. Stafford is a good, not great QB. You can win a Super Bowl with him, but the rest of your team better be elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad