Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Man, people don't give Andrew Luck enough credit coming out of college. I would not have Lawrence clearly over Luck at this point, but wouldn't flinch if someone did lean in Lawrence's favor. If you wanted to peg exactly what Lawrence is expected to be, just look to what Luck was supposed to mean to the Colts. You can only hope that Lawrence can stay healthy enough that it doesn't take away the joy of football like it did for Luck. It's a scary proposition for a QB sitting in a position to go to some of these basement dweller teams that struggle in halfway decent pass protection.

Luck had hype but not Lawrence hype. I would consider luck the second highest touted. People had Gabbert rated higher than Luck coming out of high school. Lawrence was the clear number one, then stepped in and won a natty as a freshman

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Luck had hype but not Lawrence hype. I would consider luck the second highest touted. People had Gabbert rated higher than Luck coming out of high school. Lawrence was the clear number one, then stepped in and won a natty as a freshman

I mean people are calling Lawrence “the best QB prospect since Luck” and Luck was referred to as “the best QB prospect since Manning”. That says a lot about what Luck was expected to be.

Reactions: avssuc

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Does anyone here follow USHL? Have you attended Muskegon Lumberjacks or USA Development games? Looks like there is going to be a '20-'21 season. No fans, at least for now, obviously.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Does anyone here follow USHL? Have you attended Muskegon Lumberjacks or USA Development games? Looks like there is going to be a '20-'21 season. No fans, at least for now, obviously.
Been to tons of both...my boys live about 3 miles from LC Walker Arena

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I mean people are calling Lawrence “the best QB prospect since Luck” and Luck was referred to as “the best QB prospect since Manning”. That says a lot about what Luck was expected to be.

He’s got more hype than Luck. Luck was a bonagide first overall come draft time. Lawrence has been touted as a first overall since high school. People are calling him the best prospect in a generation aka ahead of Luck more often than not

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He’s got more hype than Luck. Luck was a bonagide first overall come draft time. Lawrence has been touted as a first overall since high school. People are calling him the best prospect in a generation aka ahead of Luck more often than not

Yeah he reminds me more of the Peyton Manning hype.

By the way Stafford was a presumed #1 overall since high school as well in terms of another name this happened with. His freshman year at Georgia people talked about him going #1 after his junior year just like Lawrence.

Luck by his draft year carried the highest scouting grades since Elway is why his name is brought up a lot I believe.

I think there were a few rankings that had Fields in front of Lawrence for what it is worth. ESPN for instance had Fields over Lawrence as their #1 and #2 prospects. I think even when doing that there was a belief that Lawrence was going to be the preferred guy by NFL teams. He has been a presumed #1 overall pick since his junior year of high school from what I remember, those are pretty rare.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I feel like the Lions will win today. If only because it is a very Lions thing to do.

The only hope is that maybe Patricia’s zero rush defense is actually a pretty good contain defense for mobile defenses, but considering the amount of man coverage we utilize, my guess is the answer is no. This thin in the secondary, with no pass rush, and heavy man coverage just feels like a lot of scramble opportunities for Murray.

Until we see something change with the Lions defense, they are my favorite team to pick on for daily fantasy. Murray, Drake and Hopkins will hopefully be filling my pockets to make any disappointment easier to stomach.

FabricDetails

I know enough to know I know nothing
Mar 30, 2009
Nothing else on TV. Might as well turn on the Lions game while cleaning up the place.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Nothing else on TV. Might as well turn on the Lions game while cleaning up the place.

Crazy how entertaining thse one score games are when Detroits on the right side of them. I liked Okudah a lot more today and I think Hockenson is really becoming a high end tight end. If they win next week I might have hope for them to grab a wild card. A healthy Golladay is a difference maker for sure

Honestly really surprised they won on the road against a good Arizona team with all the injuries they still have

Tigers will be picking 3rd next July

The tigers must be the next team to contend in Detroit. Theyre getting high picks like crazy, I dont know much about that draft but theyre gonna get another good player at third.

Any idea if this draft is supposed to be good or not?

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Crazy how entertaining thse one score games are when Detroits on the right side of them. I liked Okudah a lot more today and I think Hockenson is really becoming a high end tight end. If they win next week I might have hope for them to grab a wild card. A healthy Golladay is a difference maker for sure

Honestly really surprised they won on the road against a good Arizona team with all the injuries they still have

The tigers must be the next team to contend in Detroit. Theyre getting high picks like crazy, I dont know much about that draft but theyre gonna get another good player at third.

Any idea if this draft is supposed to be good or not?

Kumar Rocker and Jack Leiter are expected to go 1-2...both pitch for Vanderbilt. After that it’s a bunch of positions players. It’s gonna depend if they play baseball or not Because if they do someone could jump way up

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
They better be the next contenders! These last few years have been absolutely brutal. I hope Chris opens the checkbook.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Tigers will be picking 3rd next July
Unless MLB decides to factor in previous records (rumor has it that this won't happen). If the 2020 are not solely relevant, the Tigers will likely pick earlier.

The less games these prospects will play before the draft, the more college players should be picked, since these will have a much more complete track record. This would bode well for the Tigers' time-line.

Gruß,
BSHH

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Unless MLB decides to factor in previous records (rumor has it that this won't happen). If the 2020 are not solely relevant, the Tigers will likely pick earlier.

The less games these prospects will play before the draft, the more college players should be picked, since these will have a much more complete track record. This would bode well for the Tigers' time-line.

Gruß,
BSHH
They’re likely going by this season only

Likely 2021 MLB draft order gives Pittsburgh Pirates the No. 1 overall pick

Last edited:

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Also, is Stafford a paper tiger? Yzerman 'at least' won a playoff series before he was 30. The Yzerman trade rumors to Ottawa were because he couldn't get them a cup win... sooo. Stafford has had a decade+ to deliver on that... and his statistical performance against teams above .500 is as impressive as his playoff record.

At this point, I just don't have any confidence in him moving forward, and feel like it's time to move on. That pick in the endzone (just now) is a perfect example of how he just sucks the life out of his team.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
I feel like the Lions will win today. If only because it is a very Lions thing to do.

Because it was on the road, hurts draft position, and helps bad players and coaches keep their jobs.

This week though, holy f*****g s**t! They suck again!

I live outside of NOLA, so this game hurts bad. Patricia wants to be fired or something, because at the half, this isn't NFL football.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Can someone explain why we went for 2 on that? Something analytics?

I have seen something that suggests it’s the “right” call in that situation. I don’t understand it. My immediate reaction was it was a play call by someone who needs to win the game for the sake of their job

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Can someone explain why we went for 2 on that? Something analytics?
Bizarre call. If it failed that would have been the nail in the coffin and not the defense that cannot stop the Saints on 3rd down. I took it as an aggressive "play for the win" now call. Amp the team up. Had the Lions stopped the Saints and pulled out the win Patricia would have had another play to talk about 5 years after the fact.

Quinn and Patricia need to go. No more excuses. Another blown lead. There is no chance at Lawrence now. Giants or Jets will be getting the first pick. There's no reason to wait Quinn and Patricia out now. See if Bevell can make anything work with the roster. Cannot hurt.

Reactions: Colin226
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->