Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
i dunno man., 2016 produced one real good player (decker) and then 4 solid to decent to medicore players (robinson, Glasgow, killebrew, zettel). that's an above avg hit rate. bit early for 2017 but looks like about similar as '16, depending on how good davis ends up. golladay could develop into a upper tier #2 and maybin and agnew could develop into solid backups.

of course to win the super bowl you have to draft a lot better but it's not that bad.

i'd think quinn gets as much time as patricia. if he's like other pats assistant, quinn is gone. but we shouldn't underestimate the incompetence of the fords so maybe he can get another shot after that.

I agree with most of what you said, but I'm starting to think Golladay might have the potential to be a number 1 WR. Hes been unreal so far this season and has the size to be a consistent red zone threat. I have a feeling Tate might be gone after this season wih how Golladay has been playing

The division feels a heck of a lot more “up for grabs” now than it did 12 hours ago

I feel the same way. Get embarrassed by the Jets then lose to the 9ers but beat the Patriots. Thats pretty backwards way to get the frst win but it works. I guess new coaches take a while to get everything together but maybe the Lions have kinda figured out what Patricia wants and they'll be better fromhere on out?

Reactions: Colin226

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Good win, now just hoping the Lions don't return to their usual "let's abandon & forget everything that worked and revert back to our old selves" routine, against upcoming opponents.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I agree with most of what you said, but I'm starting to think Golladay might have the potential to be a number 1 WR. Hes been unreal so far this season and has the size to be a consistent red zone threat. I have a feeling Tate might be gone after this season wih how Golladay has been playing

Kenny G might be WR1 next season. Kid is dynamite.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Kenny G might be WR1 next season. Kid is dynamite.

They said it best on the broadcast sunday night. Jones is a great deep threat and Tate is great for YAC and can owrk in the slot. Golladay is a mixture of both which makes him hard to play defense against. Hes got a good mix of speed, size and physicality to go with some highlight reel ability. Its funny how hes such a mix of the other 2 so they all work together really well

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So what are the Lions at this point?

200_d.gif

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The defence made Matt Breida look like a Pro Bowler so Zeke having a monster game was a slam dunk. Still can't stop the run. Lots of problems with the refs. They failed to call the most blatant holding calls on the Cowboys o-line and that penalty for hitting Dak was b.s. since there was no whistle. The final drive for Dallas was killer. Dak should have been tackled on that fumble for a huge loss. Instead he gets off an incomplete and stops the clock then launches a big pass to Zeke on the next play making the FG a near chipper.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Officiating is making the NFL near unwatchable. The NHL will tread that way sooner or later too.

Ohio St v Penn State was a fun game to watch this past Saturday. Didn't think PSU was gonna choke it away

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Officiating is making the NFL near unwatchable. The NHL will tread that way sooner or later too.

Ohio St v Penn State was a fun game to watch this past Saturday. Didn't think PSU was gonna choke it away
I never thought I'd say this, but the Browns game was super entertaining last night as was most of the games yesterday. So many super close games.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Mason Crosby is a Lions fan. Lions now have a 3 game win streak against Green Bay. It's been a beautiful day thus far. Can't wait for the Wings tonight.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wow, surprised this MSU team just did that in Happy Valley.

Pleasantly surprised, I would have thought entering the year if they could win this one they were a playoff team. But they haven't played up to that. Still big win for Coach D and a positive going into the home game against U of M to get the season back on the rails.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Wow, surprised this MSU team just did that in Happy Valley.

Pleasantly surprised, I would have thought entering the year if they could win this one they were a playoff team. But they haven't played up to that. Still big win for Coach D and a positive going into the home game against U of M to get the season back on the rails.
Lions, Spartans...Patriots, Penn State...it's all the same roller coaster of showing enough flashes to make the subsequent heartbreak that much more infuriating. But oh, how I'd enjoy this particular rhyme to come true on Saturday:

The Wolverines will be humbled a smidge
When they play in the land of the Old Trowbridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad